RadioBOSS 6.1 Ads Scheduler

What do you think in ads settings to add an option that can be enabled so that all adsscheduler event in the main Scheduler can be assigned to a group eg. Ads Group. So I can colapse or expand as needed.
We have here an endless list of adsscheduler in the main Scheuler window.

What do you think in ads settings to add an option that can be enabled so that all adsscheduler event in the main Scheduler can be assigned to a group eg. Ads Group. So I can colapse or expand as needed.
This is already possible - in Settings, Event options, set the Group name, this will make all ads go under that group.

I would like you to add this function also in Ads sheduler, track repetition protection in the intro and end of block, it is not working it plays automatically to ignore the protection. I've already found out that when I change the ending that has the number 9 to 1 it enables replay protection, but I think you need to have the option to check this to easily choose the function.

Attachments

• Proteção de repetição.png
    Proteção de repetição.png
    36 KB · Views: 239
  • Proteção de repetição 2.png
    Proteção de repetição 2.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 229
  • TrackList.png
    TrackList.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 237
Maybe add a simple color block to Ad Properties? So I can highlight some important ads in the Ads list.
Good idea, I'll note this for the next versions.

I would like you to add this function also in Ads sheduler, track repetition protection in the intro and end of block, it is not working it plays automatically to ignore the protection. I've already found out that when I change the ending that has the number 9 to 1 it enables replay protection, but I think you need to have the option to check this to easily choose the function.
Thank you for the suggestion, this will be added in the next minor update.

What do you think to take back option - mouse left click - Prelisten? Or add to the Ad properties a player for prelisten (maybe this is better)?

I don't know how, but what do you think to add with the Delete also Delete from disk option?
So I don't have to look in the folder for ads that have been deleted from the Ads list.

Or add to the Ad properties a player for prelisten (maybe this is better)?
You can prelisten the ads from the Ad properties window, right-click the ads in the list.

I don't know how, but what do you think to add with the Delete also Delete from disk option?
So I don't have to look in the folder for ads that have been deleted from the Ads list.
This is somewhat dangerous option. If other users ask for this too, we'll add it.

This is somewhat dangerous option. If other users ask for this too, we'll add it.
Same thing are in Music Library - Delete and Delete from disc.
Noe, first I have to delete the ads from the ads list, remember which ads I deleted and then delete them again in the folder. A little complicated. I don’t believe anyone leaves in the folder ads that have expired.
Maybe as in Music Library - left-click on the ads in Ads list - Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player... All this are very useful.
If other users ask for this too, we'll add it.
I don't think there are many who are interested in Ads. Eg. on this topic only us 4. For me, the Ads scheduler is a very important thing.

Of course, maybe I’m wrong, so we’ll wait to see if anyone responds to this proposal.

Last edited:
Maybe as in Music Library - left-click on the ads in Ads list - Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player... All this are very useful.
Yes, makes sense. I've added it to our to-do list.

Bug

- When you make adjustments to any item within a Display group, all other items in the display group jump out of the order that is currently in view.

For example, if we hold down the CTRL key and try and group 4 items together under the Station ID listing, then we adjust a subsequent item, the list will reset to the 'default' view.

Attachments

• RadioBOSS_Bug.zip
    649.3 KB · Views: 240
Also some general feedback.

When editing items in a list with 100+ choices, and several display groups, once we make an adjustment to a file, the screen jumps in position from wherever it was, to the new group of where the file has been moved to. Preference would be for the screen to stay where it is as we tend to run through a few files at a time and it can be difficult to find where we were previously, if we're doing a mass update.

Also when searching for items in ad scheduler, you type some text in the search field and can press 'enter' to find an instance of the search parameter, and press enter again to find subsequent instances. If this is done in one go (repeat hitting enter) then you cycle through the list, but if you click on the first item you find, make the adjustment, then click back into the search box, the word you were searching for deletes from the search box and you have to re-type it in again. This can be a bit annoying. Expected behaviour would be for the word to remain in the text box, and we can delete it / adjust it as needed.

That is subjective though as others might prefer the method of the text box automatically clearing, so not classifying that as a bug but rather as general feedback.

When you make adjustments to any item within a Display group, all other items in the display group jump out of the order that is currently in view.
Thank you, we'll check what's wrong there.

When editing items in a list with 100+ choices, and several display groups, once we make an adjustment to a file, the screen jumps in position from wherever it was, to the new group of where the file has been moved to. Preference would be for the screen to stay where it is as we tend to run through a few files at a time and it can be difficult to find where we were previously, if we're doing a mass update.
After edit is made, it scrolls to the position where the edited item was/is. Do you mean it should preserve the scroll position, regardless if the edited item no longer there?

Also when searching for items in ad scheduler
Yes, this makes sense, this will be improved in the future.

After edit is made, it scrolls to the position where the edited item was/is. Do you mean it should preserve the scroll position, regardless if the edited item no longer there?
Yes, although it is subjective I think. It may benefit others for the position to jump, but I find for us we would benefit if the scroll position is preserved. Maybe an advanced option to preserve the scroll position? Happy to hear from others if they have a preference.

Maybe an advanced option to preserve the scroll position?
I don't think many people will use it, we should find some universal solution. Maybe keep the scroll position but keep the edited item selected so it's easier to locate?

Bug

Ads Scheduler is not retaining the categories that have been assigned to files.
If we delete items out of scheduler, items that were listed underneath the deleted item get scooted up into the category that the last item was deleted out of.

We had a category called 'deactivated' and I just deleted a bunch of items out of it, emptying the group. However these new items got moved into the deactivated group during that process.

1641313845989.png

It may be to do with the focus position within each line item as I notice it jumps around if we delete items - it doesn't drop down to the item underneath, it might move up a few spaces or go to a different list position.

I was using the delete key when deleting items out of the list.

Back