RadioBOSS 6.1 Ads Scheduler

Currently it supports sorting by columns, so if you click any column, any manual items positions will be lost.
Until the last version manual sorting was possible. In the latest version manual sorting is no longer possible. So please can you return that possibility.

Until the last version manual sorting was possible. In the latest version manual sorting is no longer possible. So please can you return that possibility.
Yes, but there were some problems with it and it's disabled temporarily. The list will be reworked in the future to provide better experience and manual dragging feature will also be restored.

I didn't see any problems. Column sorting and manual sorting worked without problems. I hope you get it back soon because we use it very often. I’ve mentioned this before some good things don’t need to be changed as it makes Radioboss user friendly.

I didn't see any problems. Column sorting and manual sorting worked without problems. I hope you get it back soon because we use it very often. I’ve mentioned this before some good things don’t need to be changed as it makes Radioboss user friendly.
Under certain circumstances it could have lead to ads being duplicated or removed, so we've disabled the feature for now. The core problem is that the code base in this place is old and we'd need to rewrite it. The new Ads Scheduler allows to use Profiles which a lot of people find useful, and adding such a feature (and also fixing a number of bugs) wouldn't be possible if we keep things as they are.

View attachment 11456
Thanks - we had cleared ours until the issue was fixed, so I'll set the groups up again.

Suggestion - with new right click menu option, create choice of creating a new group, and change the blank label to say something like 'remove from existing group' so the functionality is more clear

Also the right click groups should sort in alphabetical order (currently sorts in order of group creation)

Attachments

• 1643120455833.png
    1643120455833.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
right-click on the ads in Ads list - Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player...

Suggestion - with new right click menu option, create choice of creating a new group, and change the blank label to say something like 'remove from existing group' so the functionality is more clear

Also the right click groups should sort in alphabetical order (currently sorts in order of group creation)
Thank you for the suggestion, noted for the future versions.

right-click on the ads in Ads list - Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player...
Can you please elaborate?

Can you please elaborate?

With "new groups" and "'remove from existing group' add in right click menu - option Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player...

option Delete, Delete from disc, Move to folder, Copy to folder, Prelisten, Open file location, Export to player...
Each Ad could have multiple audio files assigned, so those commands won't work for the Ad itself. You can see those commands available in the Ad properties window for each individual audio file.

Each Ad could have multiple audio files assigned, so those commands won't work for the Ad itself. You can see those commands available in the Ad properties window for each individual audio file.
Makes sense to add it in Ad Properties. These commands are not there yet (if you mean right-click menu), there is only Prelisten and Open in folder.

Makes sense to add it in Ad Properties. These commands are not there yet (if you mean right-click menu), there is only Prelisten and Open in folder.
We'll consider adding new commands for ad tracks, thank you for the suggestion.

Hello again djsoft. I am testing this version, I am also testing the version you sent me compatible with windows xp (RadioBOSS 5.9.4).

How to order commercials in Ads Scheduler when there are more than 12 commercials in a single schedule?

Example:

09:00
01 - Advertising 1.
02 - Advertising 2.
03 - Advertising 3.
04 - Advertising 4.
05 - Advertising 5.
06 - Advertising 6.
07 - Advertising 7.
08 - Advertising 8.
09 - Advertising 9.

10 - Advertising 10.
11 - Advertising 11.
12 - Advertising 12.

priority allows me to order only from 1 to 9.

How can I add 12 or more commercials in a schedule?

Attentive to the answer.

Currently this is not possible, I'm sorry. We will consider extending the number of "Priority" options in the future, but for now I can't offer you any solution.

I understand, as for the order, I suggest moving the ads in the position you want, from the window that appears on the right. where the duration of the advertising block appears. (image 1)

In ADS add option to remove multiple ads at the same time and also allow to insert Time, Temperature, Playlist. (image 2)

The idea is that there are no limitations in Ads Scheduler to be able to insert what one needs to broadcast.

greetings djsoft, success.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    25.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    7.7 KB · Views: 180
I understand, as for the order, I suggest moving the ads in the position you want, from the window that appears on the right. where the duration of the advertising block appears. (image 1)
The ads in this window are generated based on the configuration - what ads are assigned for what days and their priorities. It does not allow editing of the blocks because of this, with any custom adjustments it'd be hard to automate all this when the ads are removed/expired/new ads added etc.

The idea is that there are no limitations in Ads Scheduler to be able to insert what one needs to broadcast.
Yes, I understand. But when it's automated, fixed positions will not really work.
You can manually edit the playlist files, after the ads are generated to rearrange the blocks as you need.

The ads in this window are generated based on the configuration - what ads are assigned for what days and their priorities. It does not allow editing of the blocks because of this, with any custom adjustments it'd be hard to automate all this when the ads are removed/expired/new ads added etc.
Then it would only be necessary to expand the number of priorities if they are currently 1-9, do it from 1 to where it is necessary to order.
example: 1-100
Yes, I understand. But when it's automated, fixed positions will not really work.
You can manually edit the playlist files, after the ads are generated to rearrange the blocks as you need.
I do not understand what you want to say.

Ads Scheduler:

no "priority" limits, if I want to schedule 50 announcements at 10:00, I can add them and order them according to my needs.

without limits in the files that we want to "add" example: Time, Temperature, Playlist, Etc.

I mean those limitations.

Then it would only be necessary to expand the number of priorities if they are currently 1-9, do it from 1 to where it is necessary to order.
example: 1-100
Yes, this is what we intend to do.

without limits in the files that we want to "add" example: Time, Temperature, Playlist, Etc.

I mean those limitations.
Those items (temperature etc) are not a good fit for the advert scheduler. Why would ads scheduler need to run temperature announcements?
You can try using Intro and Outro blocks in the ads scheduler for this, but I'm not sure it will work. The best solution would be to use separate events for the announcements.

Yes, this is what we intend to do.
Great, I hope it's soon.
Those items (temperature etc) are not a good fit for the advert scheduler. Why would ads scheduler need to run temperature announcements?
because many want to add at least the "hour". It would be a big draw for the next version.
for radios it would be of great help.
indicate the time, normally it is always in an advertising block.

Example:

09:00
1 - The Radio tells you the time.
2 - hour.(it's 9:00 in the morning.)
3 - Advertising 1.
4 - Advertising 2.

You can try using Intro and Outro blocks in the ads scheduler for this, but I'm not sure it will work. The best solution would be to use separate events for the announcements.
Understood, thank you very much.

because many want to add at least the "hour". It would be a big draw for the next version.
for radios it would be of great help.
indicate the time, normally it is always in an advertising block.
Why not create two separate events for that? E.g. at 09:00 run the time announcement, and schedule ads block to start at 09:00:02 with "queue" option to make it play right after the announcement ends.

Back