RadioBOSS 6.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat the initial question in English
In my RadioBoss library there are a lot of databases, so many that come out of the Window, I can only scroll using the sidebar, is it possible to use the mouse wheel to go up and down through the list of databases?

I also strongly support this idea!
We support the 'one event' to rule them all idea as well. We'll be more active with testing once 6.3 comes out, most of our systems haven't been affected by this update other than cosmetic changes (which is a good thing)

if you insert a saved playlist (playlist.m3u8) via event it will always play immediately.
This is sometimes not wanted, it would be very desirable if there would be an option that this playlist does NOT start immediately.
It will only start if you either have the "Start without waiting for the current track to finish" option, or if there's nothing playing.

Sorry fault of translator here I write in English
a Question of scheduling and division of the various programs
Can you please provide more information? Also, if this does not concern a beta version, please create a separate topic for this question.

I repeat the initial question in English
In my RadioBoss library there are a lot of databases, so many that come out of the Window, I can only scroll using the sidebar, is it possible to use the mouse wheel to go up and down through the list of databases?
Currently it uses the menu (a system control) to select databases - it doesn't support using the mouse wheel. Why so many databases by the way?

We support the 'one event' to rule them all idea as well. We'll be more active with testing once 6.3 comes out, most of our systems haven't been affected by this update other than cosmetic changes (which is a good thing)
It already allows specifying multiple start times, so for some cases it will allow merging multiple events into one. We'll extend this feature in the future but for now we'll collect some feedback about it.

Potete per favore fornire maggiori informazioni? Inoltre, se ciò non riguarda una versione beta, creare un argomento separato per questa domanda.

Attualmente utilizza il menu (un controllo di sistema) per selezionare i database - non supporta l'uso della rotellina del mouse. Perché così tanti database a proposito?

Consente già di specificare più orari di inizio, quindi in alcuni casi consentirà di unire più eventi in uno solo. Estenderemo questa funzionalità in futuro, ma per ora raccoglieremo alcuni feedback al riguardo.
I database sono tanti perché ne raccolgono molti perché abbiamo diviso i nostri mp3 in programmi ognuno il suo database con gli archivi e le canzoni per tipo.

Some minor issues with Makelibrary in 6.2.0.1:
-I need to be able to delete a track from the DB (perhaps some parameter)
-It happened to me that due to an error in the character encoding of rest api, a track path could not be read, and the makelibrary command deleted the entire library. This is dangerous, I think it should be avoided

Just a quick question can beta versions be install right over a previous version or do you have to totally delete the current version you have and do a fresh install of the newest version??

I database sono tanti perché ne raccolgono molti perché abbiamo diviso i nostri mp3 in programmi ognuno il suo database con gli archivi e le canzoni per tipo.
I apologize for the change of Language here is the English version: The databases are many because they collect many because we have divided our mp3s into programs each its database witho the archives, and the songs by type.

RB 6.2.0.1
humidity variabele is faulty, see picture
With %hum also foulty

1656236560383.png

Last edited:
-I need to be able to delete a track from the DB (perhaps some parameter)
I'm not sure there's a demand for it. Can you please specify for what case it can be used?

-It happened to me that due to an error in the character encoding of rest api, a track path could not be read, and the makelibrary command deleted the entire library. This is dangerous, I think it should be avoided
The makelibrary command rebuilds the library based on the source you have specified. E.g. if you specify a folder the resulting music library will only include tracks from that folder. If the folder name is misspelled (or the folder does not exists) the resulting library will be empty.

Just a quick question can beta versions be install right over a previous version or do you have to totally delete the current version you have and do a fresh install of the newest version??
You shouldn't delete the old version, just install the beta on top of it. This is the recommended way.

The databases are many because they collect many because we have divided our mp3s into programs each its database witho the archives, and the songs by type.
How many libraries do you have in total?

RB 6.2.0.1
humidity variabele is faulty, see picture
With %hum also foulty
Thank you, will be fixed in the next update.

The makelibrary command rebuilds the library based on the source you have specified. E.g. if you specify a folder the resulting music library will only include tracks from that folder. If the folder name is misspelled (or the folder does not exists) the resulting library will be empty.
Empty library is correct when the parameter is the path of a folder.
But for example if the path of a file is sent, and it was deleted for some reason, it will delete the entire library. this seems dangerous to me

I'm not sure there's a demand for it. Can you please specify for what case it can be used?
I am building a remote control api, to manage the library remotely. As in MusicLibrary, you need to add and remove tracks.
It's possible?

Empty library is correct when the parameter is the path of a folder.
But for example if the path of a file is sent, and it was deleted for some reason, it will delete the entire library. this seems dangerous to me
In this case it doesn't know if specified path is a file - so it treats it as a folder.

I am building a remote control api, to manage the library remotely. As in MusicLibrary, you need to add and remove tracks.
It's possible?
It is possible technically of course, but before implementing it we need to be sure there's a demand for such a feature from other users.

It is possible technically of course, but before implementing it we need to be sure there's a demand for such a feature from other users.
It can be useful for example to add and remove Christmas songs from a library (Example for Christmas) from the planner, on specific dates.
It also allows full remote use of the library without the musiclibrary. (This is what we need)
From the api you can work as being local. We are already doing this with another playlist generation software through its api, but I intend to go back to Playlist Gen Pro, and for that this is essential.
We move tracks from libraries very often. (It's what we do the most in the day)
Songs that are in new categories, go to another category.
Or songs that go out of style, are withdrawn.
Opinions?

Last edited:
Also I have a question:
The api command writetag modifies all the fields in all the libraries?, for example if I modify the artist, or the song tags

It can be useful for example to add and remove Christmas songs from a library (Example for Christmas) from the planner, on specific dates.
Yes, makes sense. But why this is used remotely, and not directly in the Music Library?

Dmitry this problem continues to appear in the current beta.
Happens whenever playback is stopped. I think it may have something to do with the internal encoder.

It often happens to us that playback stops due to lack of tracks, and then stops indefinitely. Events are loaded, but playback does not start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back