RadioBOSS 6.2 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never install a Beta Version over a existing version that is in use
No it wasn't installed over the top of anything Patrick. So nothing was lost.
Its on my experimental computer and the original RB was in 32bit mode and I downloaded Ver 6.2 in 64 bit mode, so it installed a blank start-up version of RB in 64bit mode.
So now I have two versions of RB on that same computer, and the original one remains intact.
Thank you for mentioning it tho.

In the diagram for Broadcasting Statistics only colors for 4 streams are available
1: Green
2: Dark Blue
3: Light Blue
All other streams are orange
1655636390456.png

No custom Colors or different colors for other stream?

Suggestion - add an option to set all Cart wall background colour & font colour at same time per tab so you dont have to go through each one individually
There's no way to select multiple cart wall buttons so such command will change the color for all cart buttons - I'm not sure this is the desired behavior as it allows easily resetting the colors, which may be unexpected for some (many?) users.

I brought that up as it may be a BUG or possibly Expiration has been removed from an Event.
In Ver 6.1.2.1 its there, in Ver 6.2 its gone.
Can you clarify what it is, a BUG or removed.
It's not removed - it's moved to the "Time and Date" section.

No custom Colors or different colors for other stream?
We'll add more colors in the next update.

Looks like some sort of translation error, can you please provide more details on what happens after you run this command?

I mean that running the attached event will create a database with only one track.
I need a way to add and remove tracks without removing existing tracks from the DB.
The idea is to manage the library from the external API, but since there are no commands for that, makelibrary would be the solution.

Custom fields are designed for reporting purposes - not for other features, so it's unlikely, I'm sorry. Why not use the rating field?
Sorry actually I meant to filter by tags.
We have a double rating, with 3 labels (high, medium and low), the first a rating when the topic was launched, and a second for the current rating. This is something impossible to do with the rating field.
Example, the song "Crazy Frog - Axel F" would have a high release rating, and a low current rating.

I feel like the new feature of launching events on multiple schedules has an important omission or maybe I'm missing something.
It would be necessary to be able to select not only a customizable time, but also the day of the week.
I read the forum thinking that someone was going to comment the same, but I didn't find another comment.
To completely get rid of repetitive events, for example, an event should be scheduled on Saturday at 9:00 p.m., but also on Friday at 2:00 p.m.

@djsoft hopefully there are additional features to play Add Url can be played directly from link Youtube, facebook, dailymotion etc.
it will be very special for me

I suggest adding a little space to the cart wall, i.e. moving the squares away from the top tab. Because often when I want to switch to another card I accidentally click on the square and the jingle starts.

Something like this

Attachments

• 2022-06-20_113707.jpg
    2022-06-20_113707.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 158
I have been running Beat 6.2 for about 36hrs now I still notice that album covers are still only shown like 40% of the time. Where ever I download tracks from most of the time metadata and album covers are correct if the metadata and album cover are not complete already I updated info from Discogs. Please take a into this why album covers only disable like 40% of the time.

Hello greetings from Venezuela. I am a radio lover and I spend a lot of time researching and testing radio software and I love radioboss.
I have a couple of suggestions for the RadioBoss

* I suggest: Place a flash in the tabs that are playing, example: When playing the main list, a flash is shown in its tab. It would also be great to do it with cart wall. With this we will have a visual warning to know in which tab something is reproduced.

*make improvements in the intro and outro marks, since sometimes the track waveform is not shown in the "on air" display mode.

Attachments

• FLAHS.png
    FLAHS.png
    57.2 KB · Views: 176
  • 1.png
    1.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 2.png
    2.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Its blindingly obvious once you know where to look, and unfortunately I didn't think to look there.
I'm sorry that it was moved, it was located in the same place for years. But this was a necessity in order to fit the new "Duration limit" option.

I mean that running the attached event will create a database with only one track.
I need a way to add and remove tracks without removing existing tracks from the DB.
Ah, I see. It should add a file to the existing database - not clear other tracks from there. Looks like it's a bug.

Sorry actually I meant to filter by tags.
We have a double rating, with 3 labels (high, medium and low), the first a rating when the topic was launched, and a second for the current rating. This is something impossible to do with the rating field.
Example, the song "Crazy Frog - Axel F" would have a high release rating, and a low current rating.
OK, noted - tags filter will be added in one of the next updates.

By the way, in PLGen Pro to be able to raise the priority of the songs by tags would be interesting.
Yes, agreed, this will also be added in the future.

It would be necessary to be able to select not only a customizable time, but also the day of the week.
I read the forum thinking that someone was going to comment the same, but I didn't find another comment.
To completely get rid of repetitive events, for example, an event should be scheduled on Saturday at 9:00 p.m., but also on Friday at 2:00 p.m.
Yes, currently it's not possible. We'll see what others have to say about it to better understand what is really needed.

@djsoft hopefully there are additional features to play Add Url can be played directly from link Youtube, facebook, dailymotion etc.
it will be very special for me
Thank you for the suggestion, if technically possible we'll add this.

I suggest adding a little space to the cart wall, i.e. moving the squares away from the top tab. Because often when I want to switch to another card I accidentally click on the square and the jingle starts.

Something like this
This does look odd. Like a bug. You can make tabs higher in the Settings (View->Style).

When is the Hungarian language expected? :D
Currently we have no plans for it, I'm, sorry.

I have been running Beat 6.2 for about 36hrs now I still notice that album covers are still only shown like 40% of the time. Where ever I download tracks from most of the time metadata and album covers are correct if the metadata and album cover are not complete already I updated info from Discogs. Please take a into this why album covers only disable like 40% of the time.
Can you please send one of the tracks for which it fails to load the cover art to support@djsoft.net so we can check it?

* I suggest: Place a flash in the tabs that are playing, example: When playing the main list, a flash is shown in its tab. It would also be great to do it with cart wall. With this we will have a visual warning to know in which tab something is reproduced.
Currently it marks the active tab in bold font - but it won't work in your case because you set the tab font to be bold already. I'll see if we can add a redo dot like in your example, it looks good.

*make improvements in the intro and outro marks, since sometimes the track waveform is not shown in the "on air" display mode.
It should always show the Intro/Outro - does it fail to show it in certain modes?

Set the color for active tabs to red then it is always different to other tabs

Maybe DJsoft could ad such an option for the cardwall into the style settings...
or maybe even for all work zones
1655833736340.png

Last edited:
I feel like the new feature of launching events on multiple schedules has an important omission or maybe I'm missing something.
I support this idea.
Something I have pushed for in the past.
It would be fantastic to have that 'one event' able to cover multiple different times, on multiple different days of the week.
This instead of having to complete a multitude of events, just to achieve the same thing.
This will mean changing events as we know them now, but the end result will be a good thing, just as adding HOURS a while back made such a difference to the way we were able to process events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back