RadioBOSS 6.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dmitri,

Thank you for this new version.

I requested some months ago, to be able to increase priority if a track have a tag, for exemple +15 if the track have "New" tag (In the priority tab in the Playlist Generator), is this function will be released for the 6.3 ?!

Thank you in advance

Best

I created a "Play Line Input" event that starts and ends with a DTMF signal. With the start DTMF is everything fine but the End DTMF signal delete all songs in the Playlist. After the End DTMF the playlist is completely empty.
"Clear playlist" is not checked.
This bug doesn't seem to reproduce here. Can you please send a screenshot of the event so we can try it with the same settings here?

Deleting songs has occurred many times. Although there is no option in the settings for End DTMF to delete songs in the playlist. We uninstalled the program and reinstalled everything again, after which DTMF works properly i.e. it doesn't delete songs anymore even though the same settings are used. Now we are constantly trying to reproduce that bug again, but everything is working fine.

Love the new [DSP] button in Mic its certainly helping the compression problems with the Stereo Tool DSP and Bimp. It now gives clear audio for the mike and the Cart wall which is now back to studio quality, love it:) The only problem is auto Intros which don't seem to be channelled.
I notice two aux settings in the Plack back for Aux1 and Aux2 what are these for? Can they be configured?

I just wonder if your using new Windows 11 its antivirus deletes all non Microsoft programs I had to disable that so it kept my programs
Windows doesn't do that. Any programs can be installed, as with any previous Windows.

Lyrics output to XML playlist please as Lyrics can be added by
LyricsFinder.exe can we have these dumped to XLR as well please ?
This is not supported yet.

The Icon for Streamarchive is not changing his color during recordings
Yes, the icon now is fixed. You can see that recording is active in the status bar, or press the Streamarchive button to see details about the recording.

I requested some months ago, to be able to increase priority if a track have a tag, for exemple +15 if the track have "New" tag (In the priority tab in the Playlist Generator), is this function will be released for the 6.3 ?!
This feature is moved to version 6.4, I'm sorry. We'll be implementing many new features in Playlist Generator in the next major version.

after which DTMF works properly i.e. it doesn't delete songs anymore even though the same settings are used. Now we are constantly trying to reproduce that bug again, but everything is working fine.
We were unable to reproduce it here either, so I'm not sure why it happened. Please let me know if it happens again.

The only problem is auto Intros which don't seem to be channelled.
Auto Intros are played in the main player, so they are processed with all DSP's that you have assigned for the music.

I notice two aux settings in the Plack back for Aux1 and Aux2 what are these for? Can they be configured?
AUX devices can be used in AUX players as a different output.

Yes, the icon now is fixed. You can see that recording is active in the status bar, or press the Streamarchive button to see details about the recording.

This feature is moved to version 6.4, I'm sorry. We'll be implementing many new features in Playlist Generator in the next major version.

Argh Thanks Dmitri, and I saw a good function purposed by another member to synchronize categories in playlist generator between differents clock, for example Categorie "New Song" with some special repetitions parameters or priority parameters will be synchronized between some different clocks schedules for the day.

I imagine that will be released with the major Playlist Genetor update 6.4 :( ? and when 6.4 will be released ?

Thanks for your reactivity and listening every time, it's really appreciable

Best

I saw a good function purposed by another member to synchronize categories in playlist generator between differents clock, for example Categorie "New Song" with some special repetitions parameters or priority parameters will be synchronized between some different clocks schedules for the day.

I imagine that will be released with the major Playlist Genetor update 6.4 :( ? and when 6.4 will be released ?
We call it "Global categories" and they are, too, planned for version 6.4. As for its release date, I'm not sure yet - beta should be ready in late 2023, release in Dec 2023, or 2024.

Auto Intros are played in the main player, so they are processed with all DSP's that you have assigned for the music.

AUX devices can be used in AUX players as a different output.
This is ridiculous and cannot be true by the very nature of your cart walls and jingles being the same thing as well as scheduled voice clips all minced with the music.

What is the point adding
  • Text-to-Speech: voice selection option added
If this goes through the DSP too

You seem to be missing the point insisting that these are all good to be routed to the DSP when it is clear you have already put a lot of work in to remove the mike voice clips from the DSP because of the distortion to the voice created by compression and other effects to improve the dynamic of the sound to studio quality.

Do you not put what this as the highest priority what RB sounds like as the highest delivery of importance as quite frankly it should be more important than anything else given the nature of the product?

Doesn't seem to happen here. Maybe you processed all tracks and it set Mix Start to zero?
that's definitely not it
It happens even with tracks that are not in the database. (I use MySQL).
I will try to find the cause but it always happens, also it is always in the second 0.0

Playback stream is one stream, and for DTMF it runs a different stream. Technically it's more reliable, and it's generally better when things are isolated from each other. Event if it was a single stream, there will still be sync problems anyway.
Technically it is not possible or very complex to analyze dtmf in the main player without passing it through a sound card?
If I remember correctly, ZaraRadio did that.
Playing a stream and looking for start and end dtmf tones should not be something very specific. :) (If it is, use the monitoring output, etc.)

RadioBOSS uses the default TTS language and configured in the system
In windows 11 this does not happen, at least on my test pc, I even tried restarting the computer. (I didn't have time to test the xml parameters yet)

Update: Not yet tested with latest beta

Last edited:
At what position this track was before?
It is indifferent.
If there is a marker visible, and then tracks are moved and it fails to complete the next hour (because there are no tracks reaching the full length of the hour), instead of hiding what would be the right thing to do, start reporting an hour not complete
still happens in latest beta

Last edited:
In windows 11 this does not happen, at least on my test pc, I even tried restarting the computer. (I didn't have time to test the xml parameters yet)

Update: Not yet tested with latest beta
Now if it does, but I have a question. Why are only the voices that say "desktop" available?

Am noticing problems with RB loosing the Main Sound Card we moved to Bluetooth Speakers and this has brought connection issues under Windows 11 It sees Windows said it was connected and RB could not locate it I reset the speakers and it came back very strange !

Last edited:
This is ridiculous and cannot be true by the very nature of your cart walls and jingles being the same thing as well as scheduled voice clips all minced with the music.
Cart wall can be played from the other audio device, in this case DSP will not be applied. Please also see my answer here.

Do you not put what this as the highest priority what RB sounds like as the highest delivery of importance as quite frankly it should be more important than anything else given the nature of the product?
I doubt it's the highest priority. It would be certainly an improvement, and it's already scheduled for the next update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back