RadioBOSS 6.3 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was requested couple of times, but the problem here is any custom ordering can't be automated. If you arrange some ads manually, it prevents ads scheduler from creating the blocks in fully automatic mode. What happens with the order when some ads are expired, new ads added? What if more than 9 priorities are added, what do you think?
The problem with a global priority is that it will cause all the blocks to have the same priorities.
The same commercial that in a block is the first, could be the last in another.
With this approach it is not possible.
In addition to the commercial priority, we could think of a commercial priority per block. (By default at 5 and it is adjusted by moving the ads)
Something like this

1680368361962.png

It's not a brilliant idea, but it's what I can think of at the moment.

Another solution is to migrate priorities to the order of this list, but the option of a global setting for all blocks is lost.

It would be better if one of these two options could be activated simply with the arrow up, down or left and right. But when he can't do it like that, it's good that he can do it like this.
We won't be fixing it because we will be redesigning Event window completely in the next update - and the issue with radiobuttons will no longer present there.

In addition to the commercial priority, we could think of a commercial priority per block. (By default at 5 and it is adjusted by moving the ads)
Something like this
Having fixed positions will not work, because new ads can be added, removed, some ads will expire or start based on dates. One possibility is to add something like "Block priority" that will override the global Ad priority for this specific block, what do you think?

Having fixed positions will not work, because new ads can be added, removed, some ads will expire or start based on dates. One possibility is to add something like "Block priority" that will override the global Ad priority for this specific block, what do you think?
It's exactly my idea :)

Hi Team,

When using the RB Inbuilt Mic, there is a Pop noise that appears when you turn it off and on with the DSP turned on. If possible, I believe the built-in microphone should be included in a future update. I tried increasing and decreasing the crossfade timing, but the same noise was heard whenever it was used. It will be more nicer if it’s not noticeable when switching it on & off.

Thank you

RadioBOSS applies small fade when you seek a track, I'll add it to the list of improvements, maybe it'll be possible to improve things. On radio, it's rare when a track playing position is changed, so we didn't really pay much attention to it.
When a DJ is doing a live broadcast and their speech hasn't ended, they may rewind the track to prevent the intro from playing. This is a useful technique, but it would also be helpful if the intro countdown didn't disappear after the rewind.

When you lock a Windows session and open a different one, the stream is interrupted. When you return to the session, the interface starts working abnormally and cannot be fixed without closing the program.

An example of abnormal behavior is that when you press the broadcast button, the stream archive function is activated. This makes it impossible to broadcast.

Hi Team,

When using the RB Inbuilt Mic, there is a Pop noise that appears when you turn it off and on with the DSP turned on. If possible, I believe the built-in microphone should be included in a future update. I tried increasing and decreasing the crossfade timing, but the same noise was heard whenever it was used. It will be more nicer if it’s not noticeable when switching it on & off.

Thank you
I’ve attached a Sample as well

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    271.4 KB · Views: 102
I have a question. In the case of a file type with set mix points, what is the priority?
Crossfade priorities are as follows, from top to bottom:
- Segue Editor
- Track Tool
- File types
- General crossfades

It checks each option individually, e.g. if you on set Min Point in Track Tool, it will use use it, and the rest of the settings will be taken from General Crossfades (or file types, if set there).

If you disable the DSP does the sound disappear? If yes, then I guess the click is introduced by the DSP.

When a DJ is doing a live broadcast and their speech hasn't ended, they may rewind the track to prevent the intro from playing. This is a useful technique, but it would also be helpful if the intro countdown didn't disappear after the rewind.
Thank you, I'll see if we can improve it to work after a track is seeked.

When you lock a Windows session and open a different one, the stream is interrupted. When you return to the session, the interface starts working abnormally and cannot be fixed without closing the program.
Does it happen when you work on a local machine and lock it using Win+L?

I also use the built-in mic and DSP, I can not detect any click noises

Does it happen when you work on a local machine and lock it using Win+L?
It doesn't happen when I just lock the session, but it happens when I switch to a different account after locking it. I have tried this with both a local and a Microsoft account, and the issue persists.

Just a little bug,
when you browse the settings tabs, the "profile name for reports" always appears.

2023-04-03_13h35_20.jpg

2023-04-03_13h35_31.jpg

2023-04-03_13h35_45.jpg

2023-04-03_13h35_54.jpg

I wanted to try this beta version and shortly after installing v6.3.0.3 x64 after ten minutes of playing, strange oscillations in the sound volume started and were very pronounced...the volume went up and down at irregular intervals, after a while it stabilized . When I repeated the songs where this was evident, on the second playing there were no such oscillations in the volume. My mp3 base is normalized. The program did not show any errors during installation or during and after the song block was played.

It doesn't happen when I just lock the session, but it happens when I switch to a different account after locking it. I have tried this with both a local and a Microsoft account, and the issue persists.
This looks like an issue with Windows, it only allows audio device to be used by one user, and when you log in as another user, it disables the device for the other user.
If you need RadioBOSS for streaming purposes only, you can switch to No Sound option, this way it will only stream and will not rely on a sound card at all.
Just a little bug,
when you browse the settings tabs, the "profile name for reports" always appears.
Thank you!

I wanted to try this beta version and shortly after installing v6.3.0.3 x64 after ten minutes of playing, strange oscillations in the sound volume started and were very pronounced...the volume went up and down at irregular intervals
May be this is an issue with the sound device you use. Audio part was not changed in this version compared to recent versions.

If you disable the DSP does the sound disappear? If yes, then I guess the click is introduced by the DSP
Thank you… Yes it is at certain stages. More noticeable when the DSP is on. The sample attached is when switching on the Mic DSP on + Bed.

Attachments

• Sample.zip
    271.4 KB · Views: 89
Hello DIMITRI
I explain everything we talked about through the ticket, also through this thread to solve problems and also make improvements.

I put here the previous conversations:

Fading problem in version 6 does not work correctly until the END.
18:59:00 playing a song
19:00:00 load list (empty list activated)
19:00:00 fadeout 2100
19:00:02 Immediate Reproduction of Url internet radio. (Right here the error. the fadeout (song falling in volume) does not mix while fading when connected to internet radio. the fadeout cuts radically before finishing and the url broadcast enters online.

in version 5.9.4 this error does not occur, it makes everything perfect.

What do we do with these events, well, a song plays, the hour arrives, the playlist is changed, emptying the old one, at the same time, fadeout 2100 is made to drop the volume of the song that was playing, and before it I finished dropping the volume of the song enters the url internet radio.

THE PROBLEM, is when entering the internet radio url suddenly cuts the fading, making a radical stop and entering the online radio url. this problem in 6.3 , in 5.94 there is no bug and the fading blends perfectly with the input of the internet radio url. in version 6.3 the mix does not occur correctly.

For the rest, we are using and we did not find any additional failure. I hope to help you as always to improve this program, correcting the problems we found to make this program that we use live more stable and perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back