RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the case the fault with the Playlist Generator is shared by more than just me and is a ****bug***** in the new beta version. generate a Playlist more than three times and it occurs.

Perhaps if you were responding correctly to the issues, I wouldn't need to repeat myself.
Did you still get this error on the latest update?

I will leave you to it Infact I started a new thread as I don't think anyone was readying it when I looked this morning this had all been moved to the 7.014 beta thread. This is not me flooding the thread but someone else:
Yes, we had to move your posts to another thread as there were way too many and other people's posts became virtually invisible.

Yes, when there are two, for example, Jingles played consecutively, the unplayed Jingle is removed from the playlist. In our setup, after an Ads block, an Outro Jingle is played, and if there's another Jingle after that Outro, even if it hasn't been played, it remains in the playlist. The Intro and Outro Ads Jingles are tagged as Jingles in the File Types Identifiers (just like other Jingles).
Interesting, we tested it here with 10s of skipped tracks and all of them were removed. On your screenshots, tracks 1 to 7 were skipped? Can you please also post a relevant part of the Log (report) to see what happened there?

any advance about this?
We were unable to reproduce it, it either extracts data from the tag, and if there's no tag, it gets from the file name. You can send your music track to support@djsoft.net so we check it again.

Interesting, we tested it here with 10s of skipped tracks and all of them were removed. On your screenshots, tracks 1 to 7 were skipped? Can you please also post a relevant part of the Log (report) to see what happened there?
I've done a bit of research, and here's the situation. It's a bit difficult for me to explain, but I hope you'll understand what's going on.
So, at the end of the Ads block, we have an Outro Jingl (Set block Outro). This Outro in the tag is named "Jingl", which means it's identified as "Jingl" in the File type Properties. I've enabled "Skip after file types: Jingl".
When there are two Jingls back-to-back, the skipped (unplayed) one is removed from the playlist. However, if a Jingl follows the Outro Jingl (from the Ads block), that Jingl won't play but remains in the Playlist.
This happens when the Ads block is inserted as "Scheduled tracks"! But if I insert the Ads block as a Regular playlist track, the unplayed Jingl that comes after the Outro Jingl is removed from the Playlist.

In the first screenshot, you can see that the Ads block will play. The Intro Jingl comes after "Jingl General 1" and it will be skipped and removed from the playlist. However, after the Outro Jingl, "Jingle General 10" follows; it won't play but will remain in the Playlist.
As seen in the second image, the Jingl remains, and Red Hot Chili is playing.

In RB 6, there was no such thing; instead, the skipped Jingl (aftre Outro Jingl) was removed from the Playlist as expected.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 31
Another bug. When you change the style in Ads Scheduler to another one, and then switch back to Windows style, an error occurs.

Attachments

• 2024-02-14_193444.jpg
    2024-02-14_193444.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 30
We were unable to reproduce it, it either extracts data from the tag, and if there's no tag, it gets from the file name. You can send your music track to support@djsoft.net so we check it again.

ok, I've found a way to reproduce the issue always, it happens when you are using tracklist by folder, I hope this picture is self explanatory, with the same track in the playlist but in different ways, above with tracklist by folder and bellow with the same single file but manually.

Did you still get this error on the latest update?

Yes, we had to move your posts to another thread as there were way too many and other people's posts became virtually invisible.
No there is no application error on Generate Playlist that I have seen in latest version I moved my comments to another thread as Patrick was complaining that was more generic to this version: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/radioboss-7-0-1-5-beta-2-12-2024.11771/#post-49228 that way a list of errors would be associated with each release. This is not to say there ae no further issues listed here.

I've done a bit of research, and here's the situation. It's a bit difficult for me to explain, but I hope you'll understand what's going on.
Thank you very much, I think this should be enough information to fix it.

In RB 6, there was no such thing; instead, the skipped Jingl (aftre Outro Jingl) was removed from the Playlist as expected.
There was a bigger problem in RB6, skipped tracks were not "skipped" until an attempt was made to play them. This caused many unwanted side effects: incorrect "Next track" display, incorrect processing of "Mix start" and "Override mix point" options. That's why it was reworked. If we fail to do it right before the 7.0 release, it'll be switched back to how it was in 6.x temporarily.

Another bug. When you change the style in Ads Scheduler to another one, and then switch back to Windows style, an error occurs.
This is a known issue, something was done in .1.4 and .1.5 updates about it, but the core issue seems to be in the styling engine.

ok, I've found a way to reproduce the issue always, it happens when you are using tracklist by folder, I hope this picture is self explanatory, with the same track in the playlist but in different ways, above with tracklist by folder and bellow with the same single file but manually.
Thank you, will be fixed in the next update.

Can you also attempt to resolve the the 'run now' schedular command which inserts the wrong countdown? at less than 2 hours?

Hello,

Here is my first feedback on version 7.0.1.5 Beta.
Some bugs in version 7.0.1.4 have been fixed. Top !

Playlist Generator Pro: I still have a problem with artists not repeating. Especially multiple artists.

With my artist separator in this configuration: Artist1; Artist2. The rules of non-repetition are not respected.

And on the contrary, with my artist separator in this configuration Artist1 ; Artist2. No problem in around ten tests: the rules of non-repetition are well respected.
In this configuration, I also have errors in the Playlist Generator Pro report that are displayed.

I changed the “Matching Artists” configuration to 100%. I had carried out the tests with the 85% configuration. The problem remains the same.

The next paragraph concerns the translation (this is not a bug).

French translation (traduction française): I have just finished translating this version 7.0 into French. Also, more or less significant modifications have been made to all of the “.ini” files for this language (correction of accents, spelling mistakes, change of vocabulary, etc.). Yesterday I sent an email to the user who takes care of the French translation. I am waiting for his return in order to discuss the translation.

Attachments

• Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 01.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 01.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 02.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 02.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 03.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 03.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Report.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Report.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 28
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Multiples Artists.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Multiples Artists.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Matching Artists.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Matching Artists.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 04.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist 04.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Structure.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ No Repeat Artist_Structure.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 32
With my artist separator in this configuration: Artist1; Artist2. The rules of non-repetition are not respected.
Indeed, this was confirmed here - will be fixed in the next update. Thank you.

I changed the “Matching Artists” configuration to 100%. I had carried out the tests with the 85% configuration. The problem remains the same.
Yes, as we advices you in the ticket. A little explanation: when it's set to 100% it uses OS provided function to compare strings that will properly ignore accents diacritics, etc. But when the percentage is not 100% it will use a totally different routine for comparison that's not really tested to handle international characters well.

When I manually insert a tracklist and select a file randomly, shouldn't it continue to play random tracks when I select run now? Is it meant to play only a single track?

Last edited:
Translation problem (almost in all languages)

I notice that English is the only language for certain Playlist Generator windows even if the translations were made in the "lang.ini" file.

These are the windows:
  • Network Stream;
  • Teaser
  • Command
  • Comment (even if there is no need for translation for this last window)
To access these windows, click on a category in the Structure tab. A new window opens, click on the Tracks tab, then on the "..." at the bottom right.
The translations are indeed carried out in the "lang.ini" file but they are not taken into account when these windows are opened.

Attachments

• Playlist Generator_Category_English01.jpg
    Playlist Generator_Category_English01.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Playlist Generator_Category_English02.jpg
    Playlist Generator_Category_English02.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 30
  • Playlist Generator_Category_English03.jpg
    Playlist Generator_Category_English03.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Playlist Generator_Category_English04.jpg
    Playlist Generator_Category_English04.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 33
i have had no issues with the 7.0, No hardware issues and no problems with the program, I think this one is a winner! just hope I get a good price on the upgrade!

Have to say this has been the best Radioboss version I have used yet, No hardware or software issues and I love it! I just hope to get a decent price on the upgrade as the beta key expires (because I forgot my registered key) :)

Please, could you tell me why the "star earlier to make it end at start time" function does not work for me with the add a track from a playlist/folder command.

I try to make a random song play from a folder, so that for example it ends at exactly 3:00. but it doesn't work, am I doing something wrong? or is it a mistake?

What I want to achieve is for a song to play before the scheduled time and end at the specified time so that another event also scheduled at the same time is loaded and played.

I thought that's how it worked. But I don't know, am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back