RadioBOSS 7.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to have a first column "#" that indicates the number of ads... as well as what appears in the playlist!!

1707333970788.png

This is not a problem, there is no meta tag information in the song.

that is the bug/issue, because the software should be able to recognize "artists - song" variables even by just reading the file name, for example "artist - song.mp3" (like in others radio automation softwares) and not only from file's id3 tags, because some radio stations does not use id3 tags in their files at all.

A bit strange. When a new playlist is launched, sometimes this empty line appears. These aren't new playlists, so I haven't done anything wrong in PLGenerator; all the playlists are from previous RB versions. This has never appeared in previous versions.
And it always appears at the end of the playlist. In the same playlist, sometimes it appears when launched, and sometimes it doesn't.
Are those the same exactly playlist files, or they are recreated with Playlist Generator? When this happens again, please send such a playlist file to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it here. It's very odd because playlist loading by RB and saving by Playlist Generator was not changed recently.

It would be interesting to have a first column "#" that indicates the number of ads... as well as what appears in the playlist!!
Thank you for the suggestion, noted for the future versions.

hello, I've noticed a small issue in the playlist's artists column, the artist is not being showed, only title is visible.
Thank you, we'll check why this may happen. It should have extracted artist/title info from the filename in this case.

I have a small problem and that is that I have all the file names in uppercase (source folders) and when I pass them to radioboss some are placed in lowercase (as you can see in the screenshot). This does not affect the file path, but it is important to have the database organized.

1707387287676.png

And in some cases this also causes the file (source) to be seen in lower case. (very little happens)
1707387475975.png

Last edited:
Hello,

I just downloaded and installed version 7.0.1.4 beta.
Various new functions are offered and I will test them in the coming days. This looks very interesting.

For the moment, I have just carried out several tests on playlist generation.
I would like to share with you my problem with the rules for non-rehearsals for artists. Especially when it comes to multiple artists in the same musical title. In several tests, an identical artist is scheduled very close together even though I have set it for a duration equal to or greater than 2 hours.
Attached you will find various screenshots.

To summarize, I set in this test so that identical artists are not played before 2 hours. However, several identical artists in this 10-hour playlist appear very close together. The problem of the number of titles and artists cannot be mentioned because I have enough for this test.

Sometimes it's not too awkward (producer) and sometimes it's very awkward (singer).

Is this a configuration problem: have I configured incorrectly in the Playlist Generator Pro? In this case, what is wrong with my settings?
Or is this a problem in the Playlist Generator Pro?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• Playlist Generator _ Settings _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Settings _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 36
  • Playlist Generator _ Report _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Report _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Playlist Generator _ Multiple Artists _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Multiple Artists _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Playlist Generator _ Concordance Rules _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Concordance Rules _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Playlist Generator _ Category _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Category _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Playlist _ ZAZIE Artist.jpg
    Playlist _ ZAZIE Artist.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Playlist _ VIANNEY Artist.jpg
    Playlist _ VIANNEY Artist.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Playlist _ KSHMR Artist.jpg
    Playlist _ KSHMR Artist.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Playlist _ JULIEN DORÉ Artist.jpg
    Playlist _ JULIEN DORÉ Artist.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Playlist _ FLORENT PAGNY Artist.jpg
    Playlist _ FLORENT PAGNY Artist.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 35
Hello,

Various new functions are offered and I will test them in the coming days. This looks very interesting.

I would like to share with you my problem with the rules for non-rehearsals for artists. Especially when it comes to multiple artists in the same musical title. In several tests, an identical artist is scheduled very close together even though I have set it for a duration equal to or greater than 2 hours.
HI Tried this and all was ok
Generation started.
Loading category "All Music Lush"
Category "All Music Lush": loaded 1992 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1992
Creating playlist...
Time spent: 00:02
Completed. Playlist duration: 2:00:40

Did you set minutes in first screen? Its where I went wrong first time Hope it works for you otherwise your playlist may not have enough music.

ae757d402b92c03b2e875325ae50ffc9.png

You may also have given a prescriptive filter which does not allow enough tracks. But this is not the case I see as you have 680.

Last edited:
HI Tried this and all was ok
Generation started.
Loading category "All Music Lush"
Category "All Music Lush": loaded 1992 tracks
Tracks after filters applied: 1992
Creating playlist...
Time spent: 00:02
Completed. Playlist duration: 2:00:40

Did you set minutes in first screen? Its where I went wrong first time Hope it works for you otherwise your playlist may not have enough music.

View attachment 13885

You may also have given a prescriptive filter which does not allow enough tracks. But this is not the case I see as you have 680.

Thank you for your message.
Yes, I set the desired time on the first screen you mentioned.
I also have enough titles for this test (143 and 522 selected). See screenshot.

Attachments

• Playlist Generator _ General _ Test2024.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ General _ Test2024.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Playlist Generator _ Report _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Report _ No Repeat Configuration.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 28
Thank you for your message.
Yes, I set the desired time on the first screen you mentioned.
I also have enough titles for this test (143 and 522 selected). See screenshot.
That really odd

[B]Guillaume[/B] I know mine works as I tried it am wondering if there could be setting else out. Maybe Dimitri will know. maybe clear them and start again. that would be my suggestion.​

Are those the same exactly playlist files, or they are recreated with Playlist Generator? When this happens again, please send such a playlist file to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it here. It's very odd because playlist loading by RB and saving by Playlist Generator was not changed recently.
I've been investigating this peculiar bug. The playlists are created by the Playlist Generator. That line is always at the last position. Even though the same playlist is run, this line sometimes appears, and sometimes it doesn't. This line is completely empty, it doesn't even show the name or its path in the File name. However, when I open it in Track Tools, it shows that it's a prf file in the Profile folder.

In the Playlist Generator, when I create Export to playlist for some of the Presets, this empty line also sometimes appears (always at the last position).

One more thing, when I run Generate consecutively 2-3 times in the Playlist Generator, I get an Access violation window. I've sent you the playlist and this bug report via email.

I've been investigating this peculiar bug. The playlists are created by the Playlist Generator. That line is always at the last position. Even though the same playlist is run, this line sometimes appears, and sometimes it doesn't. This line is completely empty, it doesn't even show the name or its path in the File name. However, when I open it in Track Tools, it shows that it's a prf file in the Profile folder.

In the Playlist Generator, when I create Export to playlist for some of the Presets, this empty line also sometimes appears (always at the last position).

One more thing, when I run Generate consecutively 2-3 times in the Playlist Generator, I get an Access violation window. I've sent you the playlist and this bug report via email.
Indeed, I have the same problem (7.0.1.4 Beta)

Attachments

• Playlist _ EmptyLine.jpg
    Playlist _ EmptyLine.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 30

I also get this error sometimes.
1707406729344.png

To summarize, I set in this test so that identical artists are not played before 2 hours. However, several identical artists in this 10-hour playlist appear very close together. The problem of the number of titles and artists cannot be mentioned because I have enough for this test.

Sometimes it's not too awkward (producer) and sometimes it's very awkward (singer).

Is this a configuration problem: have I configured incorrectly in the Playlist Generator Pro? In this case, what is wrong with my settings?
Or is this a problem in the Playlist Generator Pro?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Try in the Category > No-repeat > Use global value. There is no need for override when you already have a specified Global value for repetition.

I have this two several more than three times it goes foobar and adds a blank line for me too. tominatko I also just noticed Thimeo when silly and loud i had to drop Gain back to zero to clear it. Still having problem with balanced sound on schedules is anyone else? this seems to play at different volume on a mp3 if you use the 'Insert As Scheduled Tracks'. Also, the insert playlist is working but there is no measure to cut off a track fading it out if it runs over 2 hours or is short what does it do? play no music ?

Alo t failed to run playlist Event was skipped because the "skip next run" option is enabled: Playlists There is no check box for this "skip next run" So now it has done this it has 1:50 hrs to run for next insertion event and is halfway through a playlist with nothing to play or the next hour. HM i think this is a serious bug

9200870b0a7416f3e6e1ce1cb631840d.png

Last edited:
I have this two several more than three times it goes foobar and adds a blank line for me too. tominatko I also just noticed Thimeo when silly and loud i had to drop Gain back to zero to clear it. Still having problem with balanced sound on schedules is anyone else? this seems to play at different volume on a mp3 if you use the 'Insert As Scheduled Tracks'. Also, the insert playlist is working but there is no measure to cut off a track fading it out if it runs over 2 hours or is short what does it do? play no music ?

Alo t failed to run playlist Event was skipped because the "skip next run" option is enabled: Playlists There is no check box for this "skip next run" So now it has done this it has 1:50 hrs to run for next insertion event and is halfway through a playlist with nothing to play or the next hour. HM i think this is a serious bug

View attachment 13890
I have no issues with the sound. Neither with the volume nor with the balance. Everything is OK with me. Insert as Regular playlist tracks or Scheduled tracks also works fine for me. That shouldn't affect the sound. I don't use Thimeo, but Toneboosters TB. I run all tracks through Tools > Process Music Tracks > Normalize. I assume Thimeo is causing those problems for you, not RB.

Try in the Category > No-repeat > Use global value. There is no need for override when you already have a specified Global value for repetition.
Thank you for your message. I modified and used a category with general values settings. It works after several tests, thank you.

However, this does not work when I use several categories to create a single playlist in Playlist Generator Pro.
Example: the artist "Vianney" can be found in several different categories. It then appears in the playlist very close together and does not respect the general value.

The artist's spelling is identical for each title.

The problem comes back to all my tests. Especially when there are multiple artists.

My separator to differentiate artists is ";". Is this the problem? Is it well placed to indicate the separation of artists?

I have no errors when generating playlists. No message indicates an error in the Playlist Generator Pro report.

And in the "Playlist" tab of the main menu, I clicked on "Anti-repeat" to display the "duplicate protection" window. I activated "do not repeat artist before". Or I disabled it according to the tests.

I tried different configurations. And all my tests display playlists with identical artists very close together. The problem is mostly on multiple artists.

Attachments

• Playlist _ VIANNEY Artist 2.jpg
    Playlist _ VIANNEY Artist 2.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Playlist _ Duplicate Protection.jpg
    Playlist _ Duplicate Protection.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Playlist Generator _ Structure.jpg
    Playlist Generator _ Structure.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 35
Thank you for your message. I modified and used a category with general values settings. It works after several tests, thank you.

However, this does not work when I use several categories to create a single playlist in Playlist Generator Pro.
Example: the artist "Vianney" can be found in several different categories. It then appears in the playlist very close together and does not respect the general value.

The artist's spelling is identical for each title.

The problem comes back to all my tests. Especially when there are multiple artists.

My separator to differentiate artists is ";". Is this the problem? Is it well placed to indicate the separation of artists?

I have no errors when generating playlists. No message indicates an error in the Playlist Generator Pro report.

And in the "Playlist" tab of the main menu, I clicked on "Anti-repeat" to display the "duplicate protection" window. I activated "do not repeat artist before". Or I disabled it according to the tests.

I tried different configurations. And all my tests display playlists with identical artists very close together. The problem is mostly on multiple artists.
Maybe tray with space before and after ;

Maybe tray with space before and after ;
Top ! Indeed, my problem with non-repetition came from its syntax: there must be a space before and after the artist separation sign. For me, the artist separator sign is " ; ".

If the sign is attached to the artist, this does not consider it an artist separator.

Example :
  • " Shakira; Beyonce " => the artist separator is not considered. Shakira and Beyonce are considered one artist.
  • " Shakira ; Beyonce " => the artist separator is considered. Shakira is indeed a distinct artist from Beyonce.

Another example:
you all know the group Kool And The Gang. Some write it Kool & The Gang.
If you use " & " as an artist separator, Kool is one artist and The Gang will be considered another artist. So, be careful when choosing your artist separator and how to use it.

I have just carried out several tests. The rules are all respected.

Proposal for writing the next RadioBOSS user manual: "At the "name" line in the title property, the artist separator must be clearly isolated using a space after the first artist and before the second artist."
This may seem obvious to some. But this little detail makes all the difference and it is important!

This will avoid modifying hundreds or thousands of titles depending on its database ;)

I just encountered another problem. This time on the Track Tool.
And I have a question at the end about the "Mix start". It's a mix point in the Track Tool.

My current configuration: RadioBOSS 7.0.1.4 beta.
I imported my database and my settings from an earlier, stable version of RadioBOSS (V. 6).

I notice that a large number of titles have their volume level curves modified: the curve is higher and exceeds the horizontal line which turns red.

Moreover, the design of the curve is not quite the same: there are peaks in volume while the title is compressed, rectangular.

When these titles play in the playlist, their curves appear normal in the player as when I configured them.

Strange... Do you have the same problem?

Regarding this new feature: “Mix Start” in the Track Tool. What is its function? We already have a “Start” as a mix point. What is the difference between the two mixing points?

Attachments

• Track Tool - Gain - Title 3 ok.jpg
    Track Tool - Gain - Title 3 ok.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Track Tool - Gain - Title 3.jpg
    Track Tool - Gain - Title 3.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 37
  • Track Tool - Mix Start.jpg
    Track Tool - Mix Start.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 34
Status
Not open for further replies.