RadioBoss Advanced Edition NOT Playing MP4 Videos

DJSTU

Yesterday I purchased an Advanced Edition copy of RB in order to play MP4 files directly in RB without having to convert them to MP3 first. This would save me time, or so I thought, as I would not have to take the further step of MP3 conversion.
However this turned out to be a complete and utter disaster as in
Win 7 - Ultimate
Win 7 - Pro
it just didn't work in either... no video file would play at all. In fact in a 10 item Playlist, RB just ground to a dead halt once it hit the video file, it didn't jump over it.
In Win 7 - Pro it came up with Error Code 2004.
In Win 7 - Ultimate it came up with "Access violation at address 00795FCD in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 00000000".

"Video Playback Support" was enabled in Options/Video.

Is there something I am missing here ? As this seemed to be an important major feature of Advanced Edition (alongside User Access Control).

Last edited:
Video support is severely limited, that's why we advice to test it before buying. There are some good news however, we will be reworking it soon.

I think you mean "advise".
I did not come across anything suggesting to test it first. If I did I would have been taken aback, as the version comparative list showed "Video Playback" and "User Control" as being the main (and only) reasons to purchase this Advanced Edition.
It shocked me to find that it doesn't do this (video playback), thus there is little point in having an "Advanced Edition" that is barely advanced at all. To be honest this was deceptive advertising, saying that a product will do something, and when it doesn't, it is not good from a credibility point of view for RadioBoss.
I do hope you will take notice and listen to what I am saying here. I am not saying it just for the fun of it, its important that you do take notice. It throws up the issue of trust in RadioBoss.

I hope that when say you will "reworking it soon" you will mean just that and get this issue sorted out.

The video support become worse in RadioBOSS 6.0 for technical reasons, a fix will be available in the next update. We'll also release a preview version with a video fix so that you and other users who need video playback can get it working without waiting for the next 6.0.5 update.

Thank you djsoft.
I have only just seen your post today, the 10th March.
So I will download it, and try it out and let you know.

Ver 6.0.4.3
Unfortunately it didn't work.

Attachments

• RadioBoss Video Playback Error 10Mar2021.jpg
    RadioBoss Video Playback Error 10Mar2021.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 303
Can you please send us the video file you're trying to play, so we can test it here?

I think it will depend on how this file is downloaded and converted. Can you please send the file that you play, but it fails?

I guess you use some sort of Youtube Downloader to make this happen? We'd need a file to test it here.

Good evening, I put the files from RadioBOSS Video Plugin in the Plugins folder and the mp4 is playing normally
C: \ Program Files (x86) \ RadioBOSS \ Plugins

Thank you for your help melwdos.
I have installed the suggested Plugin and now the video/s I put in the Playlist are playing audio.

Time has moved on and things have changed. I see I did a bit of jumping up and down 2 years ago, and statements I made do not seem so pertinent anymore.

Radioboss Advanced 6.2.4.2 - Win 7 - Pro
MP4's are now working well. I am happy☺️

Radioboss Advanced 6.2.4.2 - Win 7 - Ultimate
I have at long last updated RadioBoss ( as I could not upgrade any further from 5.9.4.2 I think it was due to problems in Win 7 Ultimate).
I have now resolved all those problems with Win 7 Ultimate plus installed SP1 (which was another block to upgrading Radioboss as it would not do so without SP1 being installed).

In Win 7 - Ultimate, it came up with Error code 2998 (No description)

"Video Playback Support" was enabled in Options/Video (for both Pro and Ultimate).
This especially solved the problem with Ultimate and MP4's are now working.

I am just supplying this information in case its useful to anyone else.

Back