RadioBOSS 6.0.4.x (beta) - Improved video support and Track List

djsoft

Staff member
RadioBOSS 6.0.4.x beta

What's new

• Adds support for video playback plugin (see below)
  • Native video playback improved, but some issues still present; will be deprecated in the future, we recommend using the plugin
  • Improved Track List (details below)
  • Added "Repeat protection rules test" utility to the Music Library (Tools menu)
Download: https://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_setup_6.0.4.3.exe

Video playback plugin

The plugin uses libVLC to handle the video playback. The advantage is that video playback does not require codec installation, supports almost any video format out there and is generally much more stable and reliable compared to the native video playback support in RadioBOSS.

Video Plugin installation

Please see this topic: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/video-playback-plugin.7128/

Track List improvements

Random track selection was reworked to result in better tracks distrubution. This is the solution for the "favorite tracks" problem that was reported by some users. That is, some tracks could be selected 4-5 times or more while other tracks were never selected or selected only once. Also, repeat protection was improved to fix occasional bug when the same artist could be repeated.

Starting with this version, the In Order track selection always ignores the repeat protection rules. They only work for Random selection.

Repeat protection rules testing utility

To use the utility, start Music Library and select Tools->Repeat Protection Test.
Select a folder where the music is located, set the repeat protection rules, and the number of tracks to select.
Interpreting the results:
  • If there are any warnings, this means the rules are too strict and the no-repeat periods should be lowered;
  • Compare Average/Min/Max playcount values, if they differ a lot it also means the repeat protection rules are too strict, so when selecting tracks it does not have enough freedom. If the values are almost equal (+-2 tracks), the rules are OK.

Last edited:
Update RadioBOSS 6.0.4.2

Changes

• Fixed occasional crashes when using the 6.0.4.1 version
  • Track List improvements
Track List improvements

Random track selection was reworked to result in better tracks distrubution. This is the solution for the "favorite tracks" problem that was reported by some users. That is, some tracks could be selected 4-5 times or more while other tracks were never selected or selected only once. Repeat protection was improved to fix occasional bug when the same artist could be repeated.

Starting with this version, the In Order track selection always ignores the repeat protection rules. They only work for Random selection.
is there a link to download 6402 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry for the confusion, it's in the first post. I've also added it to the second post.

Hello,
I have suggests

- The Database file was stored on /romaing/radioboss ... I Need that's can store as an folder and location we like (personalitzed)
- In the database file radioboss stores the playcount of any title. But when we have on of more station at the same machine then was good to save different playcounts for each other. or diffrente rows or diferent table (Example: playcount 01, Playcount 02. playcount 03)

Example: have 3 computers in one LAN and syncronise the 3 databases ... all data has the same but the playcount was different. Can you made this?

Thank You

... Another suggest or petition:

When I import the XML databases from 5.x.x version then will show at added data the actual import data. I need that shows the added data that shows in xml file. ist that posible?

The Database file was stored on /romaing/radioboss ... I Need that's can store as an folder and location we like (personalitzed)
We have this planned for one of the next updates, it'll be possible to specify the SQLite database path.

Example: have 3 computers in one LAN and syncronise the 3 databases ... all data has the same but the playcount was different. Can you made this?
This would not be possible - working like this will require massive changes to how RadioBOSS works. You can configure it to use MySQL so the whole data set (include playcount) will be different. Or use the same database and have the same data, including the shared playcount.

When I import the XML databases from 5.x.x version then will show at added data the actual import data. I need that shows the added data that shows in xml file. ist that posible?
I'll add it to for the upcoming 6.0.5 update, we'll see if we can add this.

Hello. Is there any possibility that the VU in future versions will be located under the image where the track is in the air?

Hello. Is there any possibility that the VU in future versions will be located under the image where the track is in the air?
Currently we don't plan this. You can make the VU meter always visible from the View menu.

personally, i think the VU meter is in exactly the right place, i have it in the middle and shows the output of whatever is being broadcast

1615425898181.png

and there is always another kind of like VU anyway on the top bar

1615426023324.png

personally i would prefer the ON AIR bit not to be part of the toolbar, so i could hide the toolbar and still have the ONAIR bit visible, but thats not a major issue

Doesn't happen here. Does it show any error messages?
There must definitely be some bug, I just upgraded to 6.0.4.3 final version 6.0.4.0 on a third PC (Windows 10 Pro) and the problem is still present. The other two PCs are on the Windows 8.1 Pro platform....Maybe i need to try clean install but that is not the solution of course. This report was it sent just after crashing RB (Help - About - OK)

Attachments

• bugs.PNG
    bugs.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Back