RadioBOSS Cloud

I was expecting more like a copy saved in the rb cloud server, then a dropdown that would let you select the event set that would be used
This feature also addressed issues pointed by other users - they wanted to have a local backup of the scheduled events. Another use case is when events are transferred to another streaming account. The way it's implemented now is more flexible.

My only concern about the way it is now is that if you lose the copy you downloaded to your computer, you're in trouble all over again. So having the ability to save an event set in RB Cloud create a new event set, import events from the first set, then modify that second set, without it effecting the first set, and then being able to switch between the two sets would be awesome.
I don't think we'll be adding that, I'm sorry.

So, from what I understand, to import events, I would just hit import, and upload the file I previously downloaded? Does it matter that I changed the file name to reflect and more easily remember which set of events we are dealing with?
File name does not matter. Please note that importing means adding events to the list, not replacing it. If you want to replace the list completely, you probably want to press the Delete All button first to clear the events list before importing a new one.

The accessibility changes are fantastic!to ! I can't thank you enough for that! I haven't had a chance to mess with reordering items in the playlist yet, to test that hot key, but the listener stats and sliders are fantastic!
We kept the Ctrl+Arrow Up/Down hot key but it was re-done and should be working properly now.

I have a question about the second url for icecast directory. What other directories are out there that I could use for this?
I don't have any ready links but they exist and this feature (to have multiple directory listings) was requested a lot.

I know you don't want to do shoutcast, and you have your reasons for that, but is there any way this second url could be made to somehow get our station in the shoutcast directory
Shoutcast is not reliable for our purpose, that's why we don't use it. I don't think it would be possible to include an Icecast stream in their directory.

Thanks for all of these clarifications. Especially with the importing of new events.
For moving items in the playlist, I've told you before that the reason it doesn't work is that with a lot of screen readers, ctrl and arrows is used to navigate between bigger portions of text, so no matter whether you have that assigned in your software or not, the screen reader will intercept it before it can make it to the browser, and thus do the action defined by the screen reader not the action you have programmed. That's why alt arrows would be better.
Otherwise, everything is solid and working incredibly well.

ctrl and arrows is used to navigate between bigger portions of text, so no matter whether you have that assigned in your software or not, the screen reader will intercept it before it can make it to the browser, and thus do the action defined by the screen reader not the action you have programmed
Is there a way to add RadioBOSS Cloud to the exception? If not I think we can also make Alt+Arrows work.

Thimeo Stereo Tool is being considered to be added as an option that for a small monthly fee you can have it, Dmitry said in another post. But that was for the right to use Stereo Tool on a RadioBOSS Cloud server, not for the actual Stereo Tool software.

Also I suggested that Dmitry become a Reseller for Stereo Tool from Thimeo since many users of RadioBoss and also RadioBoss Cloud want versions of Stereo Tool that are expensive that they could only afford by paying a monthly fee for the software.

Stereo Tool is great but when you add certain wanted features to it, it becomes expensive. What I recommend is that Dmitry consider becoming a Reseller of Stereo Tool and also to charge an affordable monthly fee for it for people that cannot afford to buy it, if he did that, word would get around the Internet fast that by using RadioBOSS DJ Software for Windows or using RadioBoss Cloud you can use a version of Stereo Tool that you would really want to have and make an affordable monthly payment for it instead of paying Euro € 385.00 for it all at once. Sure you could use the basic Euro € 35.00 version of Stereo Tool but the version for Internet streaming most people want to use actually costs Euro € 385.00.

If the RadioBOSS company became a Reseller for Stereo Tool than I believe everyone would benefit, if monthly payments could be made for the Stereo Tool Software.

I think that Thimeo would allow RadioBOSS to be a Reseller of the StereoTool. The question is if Thimeo would would allow a Reseller to make an agreed upon monthly payment for the right to resell StereoTool? It think that Thimeo should do it since is would be much more business for Thimeo. I think most people that use RadioBOSS want Stereo Tool when they discover Stereo Tool. But still they cannot afford the Euro € 385.00 for Stereo Tool.

I don't have any ready links but they exist and this feature (to have multiple directory listings) was requested a lot.

is Radio Directory for Icecast server users by Xiph.org. That is under "Settings, then "Advanced" for RadioBOSS Cloud users.

In the second place to put a Directory in RadioBOSS Cloud, you put:

is Radio Directory for Icecast server users by Xiph.org. That is under "Settings, then "Advanced" for RadioBOSS Cloud users.

[URL unfurl="true"]http://icecast-yp.internet-radio.com[/URL] is a second directory for Icecast Server users to put their Icecast server on the Internet-Radio.com radio directory.

Information above is for Icecast servers to use. Shoutcast Servers can be shown on https://www.internet-radio.com but you have to read the instructions under "Add Station" on the Internet-Radio.com website to do it. It can take up to 20 Minutes to see your server shown on Internet-Radio.com or on the Xiph.org Directory, but usually it is faster than that.

Internet-Radio.com Radio Station Directory Click Here

Having your Icecast or Shoutcast server listed on Internet Radio Directories is VERY important if you want to gain listeners. Sure it takes some work but it is worth it. There are at least 15 working Internet Radio Directories on the Internet.

Last edited:
For unknown reasons there was an error in posting above (was not me).

http : // icecast - yp . internet - radio . com ( REMOVE THE SPACES I HAD TO PUT THERE)

That is what you should put for the second Directory under "Settings" then go to "Advanced" in RadioBOSS Cloud.

Of course your station should remain in the RadioBOSS Cloud station directory also. :)

Last edited:
If the RadioBOSS company became a Reseller for Stereo Tool than I believe everyone would benefit, if monthly payments could be made for the Stereo Tool Software.
It's a question if that will be possible at all. For instance, none of our resellers can really sell RadioBOSS at a lower price than we do. Most resellers, actually, charge more.
Also, managing monthly payments is an issue by itself, so we need a technical option to block unpaid StereoTool installs. I'm not sure we'd like to do that deep with it.

Of course your station should remain in the RadioBOSS Cloud station directory also. :)
This is configured separately in Settings / Station Info, radioboss.fm directory does not rely on directory settings in the Advanced section.

I have a few feature requests. I love the way listener stats are shown. However, there are certain ip addresses I am pretty sure are not actual listeners but bots. I don't particularly want to bann those, as they are often from internet radio directories. I don't want to bann them, to make sure that they can continue to gather info about my stream, but having said that, they also shouldn't be showing up in my stats. If you could add a way for those to be automatically filtered out, say by user agent, that might help, or by entering that ip. This would help to perhaps have a better idea of the number of listeners I actually have. Otherwise, everything is working perfectly for me in that regard.
Secondly, it would be great to have an embedded program guide tied to the scheduler, where in addition to the event title we show for our own use, we could enter a title and description to be displayed for the public. It would be handy to have this be something we could embed on our web site similar to the player and tunein links, as then, we would not have to update both the schedule for Radioboss Cloud and the web site, as when we update RB Cloud, the content on our site would auto update. I don't know how hard this would be to pull off, as there are also scheduled events like time announcements and station ids we don't want showing up, but the idea of having one place to update absolutely everything would be incredible.

but having said that, they also shouldn't be showing up in my stats. If you could add a way for those to be automatically filtered out, say by user agent
There's no way to tell (automatically and reliable) bot from non-bot. Also why not list them? Those can be legitimate users. We may add some filters based on user agent (I don't think specifying IPs make sense, they change often) but I'm not sure what this achieves, to be honest. You want connected listeners list to be cleaner?

Secondly, it would be great to have an embedded program guide tied to the scheduler, where in addition to the event title we show for our own use, we could enter a title and description to be displayed for the public
Scheduled events have Name attribute, and there's an option to show this name instead of track titles on the web site. There's also an API command that allows receiving a list of upcoming scheduled events: https://www.radioboss.fm/support/radioboss-cloud/api/api-getupcomingevents/
You can use that to display programming on your web site.

There's no way to tell (automatically and reliable) bot from non-bot. Also why not list them? Those can be legitimate users. We may add some filters based on user agent (I don't think specifying IPs make sense, they change often) but I'm not sure what this achieves, to be honest. You want connected listeners list to be cleaner?
Yes, the idea is to be able to identify legit listeners, and not have the bots showing up, and also inflating stats. I want to have the most realistic view of actual listeners as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the idea is to be able to identify legit listeners, and not have the bots showing up, and also inflating stats. I want to have the most realistic view of actual listeners as possible.
Currently, I don't see any practical solution for this. The more listeners you have, the more real people there will be, so even if you have 1-2% of bots of various sorts, they don't make any difference. In a sense, those can also be listeners, maybe someone's recording your stream for whatever reason or have it playing 24/7 at some facility.

Back