RadioBOSS Cloud

Hello,
I am currently not using RB Cloud, but would really like to come back. Are we any closer to:
1. Different profiles for different times of year? We've discussed this previously and I have made it clear why said feature is needed.
2. Automatic weather announcements
3. Sorting of events in scheduler when using a screen reader. In the desktop program, we can press shift and applications to get various sorting options which makes finding events in the scheduler easier when there are a lot of them. We also previously discussed this and it was something you were looking in to, but there has been no more info about it.
Thanks,
Justin

All this is on our to-do list for the future versions, nothing is implemented yet, I'm sorry for that.

I decided to go ahead and come back, even without those features. Out of everything, the thing I need the most is the profiles. Even if they can't be triggered to switch automatically, I don't mind, I just need the ability to save scheduler profiles. This would allow me to save all events in a profile. Then, I could import that same profile to a new one, and make changes as needed, without effecting the original one. we've got a time change coming up in about a month here in the U.S, and yes, I know the system handles daylight savings, but the reason I need the profiles is that a network I rebroadcast doesn't observe it, so their show times change depending on time of year. It's a lot to have to change around twice a year. If I could have it all set up,, saved to a profile, and then duplicate that profile, make the needed changes to it, and save, then it wouldn't be all that hard to go in, change profiles, and done, good to go until the next time change. If these could be made to trigger automatically, that would be awesome, but even manual switching would be better than nothing.
Any chance that could be rushed to be ready in the next month? I would really appreciate it. I really really need this.

Even if they can't be triggered to switch automatically, I don't mind, I just need the ability to save scheduler profiles.
This feature is planned for the next update. This can also be used to backup events, some users asked about it too.

This feature is planned for the next update. This can also be used to backup events, some users asked about it too.
Good to hear. I understand you probably can't give me an exact date but might this be ready before March? Time change is March 10, so it would be absolutely awesome if it could come out a few days before that, so I could have enough time to actually make the changes needed. Also, will we be able to make changes to a profile that is not the active one? What I mean is, will I be able O edit a profile for spring and summer, while the active profile in use is the one for fall and winter. I hope this makes sense.

Any import/export features for clous services need to be carefully developed and tested - not only to properly do their function, but also for any potential security issues, so it's only will be released when security audit is finished. The feature itself is ready so probably it'll be out before March.

Any import/export features for clous services need to be carefully developed and tested - not only to properly do their function, but also for any potential security issues, so it's only will be released when security audit is finished. The feature itself is ready so probably it'll be out before March.

Glad to hear this. Eagerly awaiting this update.
On an unrelated note, another feature I would love is a monitization program similar to what is offered by Shoutcast, Live_365, zeno.fm and others. What I mean is that when we run audio with certain meta tags like Advert: the audio is replaced with an ad based on the location of the listener. Right now, I'm using Zeno along with RB Cloud, but if you offered an ad replacement monitization program like the ones mentioned above, I could use only RB cloud and simplify things a lot. This would be an awesome addition to an already great service.

Well, ad supported streams - I'm not sure if it's the path we'd like to move with RadioBOSS Cloud, the feature is questionable. We'll consider it for the future though.

Hello,
Some of the listener stats are still not accessible using a screen reader. Real time stats work, but everything else under listeners (24 hours, 1 week, etc) only has graphs, and the information is not displayed in a way that a screen reader can read it. I brought this up some time ago and it still has not been fixed. I really need the profiles feature for the scheduler, but after that has been released, please please make this and any other accessibility fixes high priority. Having access to tlh, listener counts, etc for any given period is very important, so it shouldn't just be represented in a graph that we screen reader users can't actually use. We pay the same amount as everyone else for the servvice, so should also have equal access to all the features.

only has graphs, and the information is not displayed in a way that a screen reader can read it
Currently it's a limitation, we'll add a table to present this data in addition to graphs, this should be easy to read.

I really need the profiles feature for the scheduler, but after that has been released, please please make this and any other accessibility fixes high priority.
Scheduled events import/export will be added in the next update, about accessibility, we take care of it but during its time slot - we also need to take care about overall product evolution.

We pay the same amount as everyone else for the servvice, so should also have equal access to all the features.
I agree, and we work with accessibility features as well, a lot of work was done in this field.

Currently it's a limitation, we'll add a table to present this data in addition to graphs, this should be easy to read.
Yes, a table would be perfect!!!!!! Thanks!

Scheduled events import/export will be added in the next update, about accessibility, we take care of it but during its time slot - we also need to take care about overall product evolution.

I agree, and we work with accessibility features as well, a lot of work was done in this field.

I hope my point about accessibility was not misunderstood, because for the most part, I am very happy with the accessibility of the service and interface. The one major issue is there with the listener info as previously described. Another minor issue is with the sliders and other controls for equalizer and compressor. From what I observed, the sliders themselves seem to be accessible, I think, but there is no good labeling to explain what does what. Also, there is still the issue of being able to reorder items in a playlist. The ctrl with up and down arrows works whenn no screen reader is enabled, but at least with the NVDA screen reader enabled, this does not work, and it would be better for ctrl to be replaced with alt, which doesn't have any other command associated with it for NVDA or any other screen readers I know of. Also, that would bring it in line with the desktop version of the program too, so another plus. Other than these things, the accessibility is great. So, when I make these points, I do very much hope to see them fixed in a timely manner, but please understand, I am still very very impressed with the product.

From what I observed, the sliders themselves seem to be accessible, I think, but there is no good labeling to explain what does what.
We'll check that, if there is indeed labeling issue, it'll be fixed in the next update.

The ctrl with up and down arrows works whenn no screen reader is enabled, but at least with the NVDA screen reader enabled, this does not work, and it would be better for ctrl to be replaced with alt, which doesn't have any other command associated with it for NVDA or any other screen readers I know of.
We can add Alt+arrows as an alternative for moving the items. I'm not sure now why Ctrl was chosen originally.

How's that update coming? I know you've been hard at work with the desktop release, but March is fast approaching, and I really need that scheduler profiles feature. I hope it's ready. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Another feature request for RB cloud that would be pretty cool would be a requests widget, where a listener could request songs, and 'said songs could be inserted in to the playlist. We would need to have a way of marking which playlists can receive requests, so it isn't happening during scheduled shows, but can happen during hours when we're just playing music, and we would also need a way to mark from which folders music can be requested I know you already have or at one point at least had a song requester script for the desktop version. Bringing that to RB Cloud would be awesome!

How's that update coming? I know you've been hard at work with the desktop release, but March is fast approaching, and I really need that scheduler profiles feature. I hope it's ready. Thanks for all of your hard work.
We receive lots and lots of support requests following the major update of RadioBOSS so this also needs to be dealt with. RadioBOSS Cloud is being prepared meanwhile, so should be released soon I think.

I know you already have or at one point at least had a song requester script for the desktop version. Bringing that to RB Cloud would be awesome!
RadioBOSS Cloud will soon have a song request widget, it will work similarly to the Desktop version, that is you can create an event or playlist with "playrequestedsong" command to pull the song from the requested songs list, so requested songs only play when you call this command.

We receive lots and lots of support requests following the major update of RadioBOSS so this also needs to be dealt with. RadioBOSS Cloud is being prepared meanwhile, so should be released soon I think.

RadioBOSS Cloud will soon have a song request widget, it will work similarly to the Desktop version, that is you can create an event or playlist with "playrequestedsong" command to pull the song from the requested songs list, so requested songs only play when you call this command.
Will the "playrequestedsong" respect the Separation Rules? So if an Artist was recently played, and let's say you have the Artist separation set to 240 Minutes, if someone requests an Artist that just played, is the Song Request cancelled or does the Artist (song request) play 240 minutes later?

Will the "playrequestedsong" respect the Separation Rules? So if an Artist was recently played, and let's say you have the Artist separation set to 240 Minutes, if someone requests an Artist that just played, is the Song Request cancelled or does the Artist (song request) play 240 minutes later?
No it does not check any rules, it just selects one of the requested songs from the list. We'll consider making this improvement in the future.

Dmitry, I just wanted to give props and say thanks for the new update. While it would have been nice to have before I had to change everything around a few days ago, so I could have had a backup of those changes, I'm glad I have it now and from now on, it should be pretty easy to set up and make changes a snap. The export and import work a bit differently than what I was expecting. I was expecting more like a copy saved in the rb cloud server, then a dropdown that would let you select the event set that would be used, if that makes any sense. My only concern about the way it is now is that if you lose the copy you downloaded to your computer, you're in trouble all over again. So having the ability to save an event set in RB Cloud create a new event set, import events from the first set, then modify that second set, without it effecting the first set, and then being able to switch between the two sets would be awesome. But, this is at least a good start. So, from what I understand, to import events, I would just hit import, and upload the file I previously downloaded? Does it matter that I changed the file name to reflect and more easily remember which set of events we are dealing with?
The accessibility changes are fantastic!to ! I can't thank you enough for that! I haven't had a chance to mess with reordering items in the playlist yet, to test that hot key, but the listener stats and sliders are fantastic!
I have a question about the second url for icecast directory. What other directories are out there that I could use for this? I know you don't want to do shoutcast, and you have your reasons for that, but is there any way this second url could be made to somehow get our station in the shoutcast directory and participate in their monitization program, basically make the shoutcast directory think we're using shoutcast instead of icecast? Forgive my ignorance, I'm just curious as how this second url can be, or is supposed to be used.
Thank you so so much for your hard work. I'm really happy with this release.

Regarding the hotkeys to move items in a playlist, I still can't get it to work. I've tried selecting the item with both space and with enter, followed by alt and up or down arrow, no luck. Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong? Again, other than this small issue, it's a fantastic release, and it is very possible that it's not a problem with the service but rather an error on my end. I really don't know.

Back