RDP Issues [ Yes, I have read the forum before posting this ]

Viafiber.se

Scenario
Dedicated server, in this case a Windows machine. It meets all the requirements to use the software. Since we have our own server hall, we use Windows' built-in RDP for our own and our customers' servers, in addition, we use Team Viewer, but the error occurs depending on the type of RDP we use.

We log in to the server in question, to be clear, in this case a Windows server, start the program, start a stream, in this case shoutcast, and everything works as it should. So far no problems. When it is then time to log in from the server, the problem arises. Your software stops working [streaming and playing]. As long as we don't cancel RDP everything works but when we exit it stops.

The problem only applies to Windows, as we use LINUX servers with UBUNTU together with X2GO [we have GUI installed on all our Linux servers if a customer so wishes] it is not a problem. Avoid answers such as whether we have an internet connection, what version of Windows and whether we have the latest update of Windows etc. as we only use licensed products and the version depends on the customer's wishes.

All our dedicated servers have compatible GPUs and all servers are located in two different server rooms that we own and operate. This is therefore a serious question and we are NOT interested in using RDP other than Windows' own or alternatively Team Viewer. Google Remote Destop or similar options are not something we are interested in. Not to be rude or cocky, I can tell you that we have been running our business since 1999, we have AS# and ISP status, i.e. everything needed to run this type of business.

Our systems for creating, launching and broadcasting live, both radio and video streams are fully automated, but we connect to customers' dedicated servers using RDP. When your software stops working/streaming/hangs, it will mean a problem when a large number of your customers want to use your particular software. We have different types of customers who use, for example, DRS2006 and SAM Broadcaster PRO where the problem does not arise.
I'm looking forward for any help to solve this issue and just to say it as it is, we have never used your software before but all of a sudden there is a number of bew customers asking for RadioBOSS and we like to give our customer a good service and answers based on fact and not speculations.

Before exit RDP
1660815405398.png

After exit RDP
1660815514931.png

Looks like it's a problem with audio device. If you don't need it to play on an actual device - select "No sound" option for the the Main Soundcard in Playback settings.

Looks like it's a problem with audio device. If you don't need it to play on an actual device - select "No sound" option for the the Main Soundcard in Playback settings.
Thanks for the answer (to be honest i'm not sure if I do understand what you meen so please, can you be a bit more specific :)
We do like the software to play and stream, the issue is still when disconnect from Windows RDP everthing stop.
If using Chrome Remote Desktop it works without changing anything as you suggest above however using Windows RDP the player stops. We are trying to find out why this is happening :)

Scenario
Dedicated server, in this case a Windows machine. It meets all the requirements to use the software. Since we have our own server hall, we use Windows' built-in RDP for our own and our customers' servers, in addition, we use Team Viewer, but the error occurs depending on the type of RDP we use.

We log in to the server in question, to be clear, in this case a Windows server, start the program, start a stream, in this case shoutcast, and everything works as it should. So far no problems. When it is then time to log in from the server, the problem arises. Your software stops working [streaming and playing]. As long as we don't cancel RDP everything works but when we exit it stops.

The problem only applies to Windows, as we use LINUX servers with UBUNTU together with X2GO [we have GUI installed on all our Linux servers if a customer so wishes] it is not a problem. Avoid answers such as whether we have an internet connection, what version of Windows and whether we have the latest update of Windows etc. as we only use licensed products and the version depends on the customer's wishes.

All our dedicated servers have compatible GPUs and all servers are located in two different server rooms that we own and operate. This is therefore a serious question and we are NOT interested in using RDP other than Windows' own or alternatively Team Viewer. Google Remote Destop or similar options are not something we are interested in. Not to be rude or cocky, I can tell you that we have been running our business since 1999, we have AS# and ISP status, i.e. everything needed to run this type of business.

Our systems for creating, launching and broadcasting live, both radio and video streams are fully automated, but we connect to customers' dedicated servers using RDP. When your software stops working/streaming/hangs, it will mean a problem when a large number of your customers want to use your particular software. We have different types of customers who use, for example, DRS2006 and SAM Broadcaster PRO where the problem does not arise.
I'm looking forward for any help to solve this issue and just to say it as it is, we have never used your software before but all of a sudden there is a number of bew customers asking for RadioBOSS and we like to give our customer a good service and answers based on fact and not speculations.

Before exit RDP
View attachment 12084

After exit RDP
View attachment 12085 I stopped using RDP and use VLC now and the problem has been solved for me .

I also have issues using RDP with RadioBoss. For some reason closing RDP compresses the toolbar at the top of the main window (see attached). Normally the Statistics icon is directly over "On Air". Closing RDP compress the icons such that when I click on the Mute icon (now over "On Air") the Statistics windows opens and there is nowhere to mute/unmute. Actually, all the icons become mismatched. To remedy this I have to restart RadioBoss which is very inconvenient.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG

Closing RDP compress the icons such that when I click on the Mute icon (now over "On Air") the Statistics windows opens and there is nowhere to mute/unmute. Actually, all the icons become mismatched.
This is a bug in the underlying Toolbar component, we're looking into fixing it.

This is a bug in the underlying Toolbar component, we're looking into fixing it.

Nice! Looking forward to a solution and if you find one send it also to Mr Bill Gates because this has been an issue for many people for a long time not just with your software :)

Change the RDP local resources/remote audio to "play on remote computer"
This will prevent the audio from crashing on exit.

Change the RDP local resources/remote audio to "play on remote computer"

That's not working, we tried that long time ago. Something with the Windows RDP (and other similar RDP)crash most of the software used to play music files and do other things. Although, thank you for telling me :) Have a great weekend.

We had this problen two years ago. If I remember correctly we also had to use ASIO drivers. We connect to 2 radioboss computers remotely many times a day from in studio and remotely over the internet with success. hope this helps!

We had this problen two years ago. If I remember correctly we also had to use ASIO drivers. We connect to 2 radioboss computers remotely many times a day from in studio and remotely over the internet with success. hope this helps!
Thanks alot, will try this

I moved from RDP to VNC and have solved all the problems. Icones indexes problem, sound problems,
For me even setting not to play sound on the remote computer was hanging a virtual cable and needed a reset after the session.
Jose

Back