Recording multiple events in series

We need to record two two hour long programs into two separate files from the line input - the second program immediately follows the first. Program #1 ends recording at 1 second before TOTH. Program #2 begins precisely on the hour. But this does not work reliably if there is also a scheduled event set to begin to play at the same time. Usually, the second program fails to record and an error is thrown up.

How can I get around this problem?

Yes. "Stream Recording: encoder exited with an error. Please check stream archive settings. Attempting to restart."

This error only occurs when there are sheduled events due to play simultaneously, or a previous recording finishes as close as one second before a new recording begins. It seems that Streamarchive cannot tolerate other concurrent events.

This error only occurs when there are sheduled events due to play simultaneously, or a previous recording finishes as close as one second before a new recording begins. It seems that Streamarchive cannot tolerate other concurrent events.
The recording feature does not in any way depend on any other events. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS?

We need to record two two hour long programs into two separate files from the line input - the second program immediately follows the first. Program #1 ends recording at 1 second before TOTH. Program #2 begins precisely on the hour. But this does not work reliably if there is also a scheduled event set to begin to play at the same time. Usually, the second program fails to record and an error is thrown up.

How can I get around this problem?
Hi Chris have you tried the option to split recordings ?? I do not know if it will play with the scheduler command though. We also experience problems with recording. We trying now to have a separate task with one command "streamarchive 7200 <filename>" starting at the same time of the task needing recording. hopefully we will not have all the other strange behaviours.
Cheers
Jose

Attachments

• recordScreen.jpg
    recordScreen.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 117
Can you please specify what are the problems? Does it happen with the latest RB 6.2.1?
Hi, yes on last version 6.2.1.0. We use a line2 with playlists for presenters, shows are playing from another application connected to line2. When we want to record that show, we set the scheduler task to start recording with srtreamarchive on command followed by the duration of the show. Some presenters like to stop the playlist on line2 and chat. The problem is that line2 is on pause and the duration of the recording stops too, resulting on the following event starting on time and the recording stops throwing an error , invalid handle or something like that. Last time the recording did not stop and we had a 4g recording file.
we tried different combinations , we put the commands on a playlist and schedule the playlist, multiple command on scheduler. Finally we decided to create a separate task to start recording for the time allocated to the show. so far that the solution that works for us but does not allow us to set variables names for the recording . It will be nice if we could use the same properties as on the recording screen.
streamarchive <source> <duration> <path + %y-%m-d.mp3> <optional split 'duration'>

Thanks
Jose

streamarchive <source> <duration> <path + %y-%m-d.mp3> <optional split 'duration'>
Thanks, we'll check if there's a bug and also consider extending the streamarchive command to include additional options.

Thanks Jose for your suggestions and Dmitry for listening to this issue. We have just updated to the latest RB to see whether the problem still exists. We can't use the spilt function in this situation because the program lengths vary every day due to a preceding news broadcast which has variable length. I partially solved the problem by having streamarchive turn off the recording a minute later, with the next event starting a minute before. This worked for the first hour but the second hour needed to be stopped at the exact end of the program so the repeat did not play the additional minute of content. This is when events that start at that time throw the recording error. I fixed that by using a separate recording software instead of streamarchive but it's not as convenient as using streamarchive consistently. I'll let you know how we go with the latest version.
I fully support your offer to consider improvements to the streamarchive function as it is potnetially one of the most useful time-saving features of RB!!!

Last edited:
The latest updates have several fixes related to the streamarhive command. We will also rehaul it completely in the future, this should fix any odd issues that currently present there.

Back