Running 2 mounts

howebzar

I can't seem to run two mounts at the same time (one fails)

I am trying to set up a low bandwidth mount for a mobile phone app which seems to struggle at 128K, so I have created a new mountpoint on the stream (/low) with it's own 64K Auto/DJ. I can connect to that fine with radioBoss, until I try to connect to the 128 mountpoint at the same time (/live).

I can't see why it should not work, we have good internet so it should handle the upload speed, and each mount works individually, just not together.

Is this expected?

Anticipating the first question, I think I have the second mountpoint set up properly at 64K:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.1 KB · Views: 823
If the second mount point is called /low, then you need to broadcast to /low_live (this is the iternal mount point name created by Centova). If you're broadcasting to /low that's likely to give you an "error -1".

Sounds promising as I do indeed get the -1 error (although I thought I had tried sending to Low_live it's likely I got it wrong).

Will test and feedback - cheers

Nope - I tried changing to /low_live (and I even did a cut & paste from the admin screen in case I picked up the wrong characters) but I still get the -1 error.

So just to be clear, RabioBOSS should be able to start two separate encoders running at different bitrates?

The problem seems to be that Centova thinks it has reached the maximum mount points. This is odd as I recently deleted a mountpoint (CSW) that was no longer required and I assumed this would free the slot in the streamer.

Currently I only have /stream & /low defined in Centova, so I am surprised it thinks there's no more mounts available. I have re-cycled the server recently, but will try that again to see if it clears out out mounts.

Further clarification:
I looked in the error logs for Centova and saw a message stating max mount points reached (3).
Because it counts the Auto/DJ mount points, and that means I have
[list type=decimal]
[*]/auto_dj
[*]/live
[*]/low_autodj
[*]/low
[/list]
but I can't attach to /low (or /low_live) even though it is defined (but I need to have the auto/DJ as it is at a different bit rate. I think you increased my mount allocation previously, but that may have reset?

There was also an internal limit for Icecast sources. The limit was increased. Please try restarting your server for changes to take effect. After that you should be able to connect to all mount points.

Awesome - connected - thanks!

now to see if it resolves my issue with Nobex app for Windows Phone (app developer thought 128k was too much for windows Phone)

Back