setcasttitle not working as it did in 5.9.x

eddr

When using the settitle API command, it seems the broadcast server (i.e. Icecast) is sent the new title but the track in RadioBOSS (In our case Line In) does not have its CASTTITLE updated - playbackinfo shows CASTTITLE as it was when the track was inserted not the changed / title. The API command returns an OK so the command is accepted.

This was working fine before we upgaded from 5.9.X -> 6.0.6.2. Is this a bug? Can this change be reverted?

Note I have also opened a support ticket for this as well - sorry for the duplication but just wanted to get an answer ASAP.

Thanks!

The support ticket i opened shows now as resolved - never got a reply.

Can you give any ETA on when it will confirm this is a bug and if so when a fix will be made? Our station has some aspects which heavily rely on the title being correct so I need to know if we should roll back to 5.9 or wait for a patch/update depending on how long.

thanks!

The fix will be made in RadioBOSS 6.1, we don't plan on releasing any intermediate updates.

Hello,

So this is definitely a bug yes? How long till 6.1 please? Can I just roll back to 5.9.X without major issues?

Also I don’t seem to receive any emails from your forum software notifying of post replies, summaries etc.

So this is definitely a bug yes? How long till 6.1 please? Can I just roll back to 5.9.X without major issues?
Going back to 5.9 will probably go fine, however database structure is a bit different, so I'd advice creating settings backup before downgrading, just in case.
RadioBOSS 6.1 beta supposed to be released in November.

Also I don’t seem to receive any emails from your forum software notifying of post replies, summaries etc.
Please check spam folder and also if you have notifications disabled (IIRC they are disabled by default).

Ok thanks - I checked spam, nothing - very strange.

Have you confirmed the existence of this bug?

Back