Skype calls in RadioBOSS

Voice Meeter is awesome doesn't think many here use it, but I have been using since version 1.0 and I seen it grow all the to 1.25. I believe it is so yeah I really like it WBGS Radio is my radio, and I use it to bring people on to my radio. I don't have a studio like all radio stations. I do things from my home and stuff so yeah a free program like that is amazing here is why it is amazing well pros and cons.

Pros
-Free program is %100 free
-Works with radio Boss to bring skype and many other programs like ICQ on your radio.
-Makes your mic have more stereo sound with the right base using Intellipan.

Cons
-Only 2 hardware inputs allowed

I can't think of anything else all I know it's free, but if you want more options go with VAC, but this is good enough for me. Also if your using Radio Boss. Why do you need edcast just wondering and yes Voice Meeter is amazing with Edcast you can use it for your mic and everything just make sure you stop your music and have a separate listen device or your gona fail hard, and you will know it lol.

Hey

I really love voicemetter alot

because the volume is never that loud

and with virtual audio cables, you have to figure out 1 million ways to learn how to lower the volume

so its not to loud at all

but with voicemetter the volume never that loud

thanks

pety said:
I spend today few hours to configure, test and record a Skype conversation with RadioBOSS. I asked for my daughter's help (all my friends were not online). She was in other room talking with me on Skype.

After about two hours I was able to chat in Skype with my daughter and broadcast (stream) with RadioBOSS. I recorded everything with RadioLogger from URL to check the result.

Ok! The software I used : Voice Meeter (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm).
I installed VB-Cable too, but I did not use it. VM needs admin rights to install. VM is always on.
Audio configs:
  • System (Windows 7 x64) -> Playback: VoiceMeeter Input; Recording: Microphone;
  • VoiceMeeter -> Hardware Input 1: Microphone; Hardware Input 2: NOTHING; A1 Hardware Out: Speakers;
  • Skype audio settings -> Input: VoiceMeeter Output; Output: VoiceMeeter Input;
  • RadioLogger -> Driver: Wasapi; Device: VoiceMeeter Output; Network Stream: URL
  • RadioBOSS -> Playback Main Soundcard: VoiceMeeter Input; Input Microphone: VoiceMeeter Output.
BTW: Be sure that Skype caller has a very good Mic.

Pety, using this configuration, have you tested sound effects latency?  If so, what were your results?  (In other words, if you were to say on the air, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," and then press a sound effect in RB, would it play right then on the playback, or would it play earlier or later?

There wasn't sound latency.
Everything was clear.

After that day I made two live talk show.
Everything was great.

P.S.
For my Mic I use in RadioBOSS settings "Output to encoders only".

wutzthedeal said:
pety said:
I spend today few hours to configure, test and record a Skype conversation with RadioBOSS. I asked for my daughter's help (all my friends were not online). She was in other room talking with me on Skype.

After about two hours I was able to chat in Skype with my daughter and broadcast (stream) with RadioBOSS. I recorded everything with RadioLogger from URL to check the result.

Ok! The software I used : Voice Meeter (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/index.htm).
I installed VB-Cable too, but I did not use it. VM needs admin rights to install. VM is always on.
Audio configs:
  • System (Windows 7 x64) -> Playback: VoiceMeeter Input; Recording: Microphone;
  • VoiceMeeter -> Hardware Input 1: Microphone; Hardware Input 2: NOTHING; A1 Hardware Out: Speakers;
  • Skype audio settings -> Input: VoiceMeeter Output; Output: VoiceMeeter Input;
  • RadioLogger -> Driver: Wasapi; Device: VoiceMeeter Output; Network Stream: URL
  • RadioBOSS -> Playback Main Soundcard: VoiceMeeter Input; Input Microphone: VoiceMeeter Output.
BTW: Be sure that Skype caller has a very good Mic.

Pety, using this configuration, have you tested sound effects latency?  If so, what were your results?  (In other words, if you were to say on the air, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1," and then press a sound effect in RB, would it play right then on the playback, or would it play earlier or later?

Playing any sound effect or talking on the radio also depends if you are hosting the server from your PC, or network or are you getting hosting from a service provider? Cause if its a service provider there is like a 30 second delay and that cant be stopped. So always when using things listen to RB or what comes out of your speakers.

pety said:
There wasn't sound latency.
Everything was clear.

After that day I made two live talk show.
Everything was great.

P.S.
For my Mic I use in RadioBOSS settings "Output to encoders only".

Wont Output to encoders only mess with your mic on air when you go to speak just wondering i never had that turned on and don't know what that does really.

WBGS-Founder said:
Wont Output to encoders only mess with your mic on air when you go to speak just wondering i never had that turned on and don't know what that does really.
You won't hear yourself in the speakers, but mic signal will be sent to broadcasting servers.

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
You won't hear yourself in the speakers, but mic signal will be sent to broadcasting servers.
Thanks for the info now I know about that but i will still hear my self since I use Voice Meeter.

Is it possible to have callers on Skype hear audio being played by RB while on air? I use this for talk shows, and it is slightly inconvenient to have co-hosts/guests unable to hear what's actually playing.

LHarrison said:
Is it possible to have callers on Skype hear audio being played by RB while on air? I use this for talk shows, and it is slightly inconvenient to have co-hosts/guests unable to hear what's actually playing.
Of course. It is very possible with voicemeeter.

VAC can do the same as Voice Meeter just VAC cost money lol so yea you just need to route everything  right here is a video for you VAC users also if you want the users to hear your output on skype just set your mic to your input line 1 or what ever easy right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUfACAen9o8

I already paid for the VAC ages ago, so I wasn't exactly happy about the idea of opting for a freebie after doing that.

LHarrison said:
I already paid for the VAC ages ago, so I wasn't exactly happy about the idea of opting for a freebie after doing that.
You can do it with VAC, you just need to route everything correctly. Please read this topic - it has all the information you need.

I've read it, several times. Settings offered do not work for me at all. VoiceMeeter resolves the playing audio to my skype callers, but Mic settings offered lead to massive feedback. VAC options offered lead to echo for everyone. I had been hoping to stay with RB, but unless I can get a simple answer to this issue (not a patchwork of various answers on this thread), I'm going to be forced to replace it within the next 90 days. That means I'll also not be advertising for it, or buying additional licenses for any of the producers I'll be acquiring going forward. Sorry, but I simply can't devote hours on end to tinkering with sound settings on a program, when I know very well that a competitor manages to resolve my issue within the program itself.

Well man its not hard all you wanan do is set your mic input to VAC input in skype, A Voice Meeter is far better look around, and you will see people even saying so, Also I thought my help would have helped you if you watch listen you will learn. Furthermore, Voice meetere may be supporting VST or plugins so it makes it easier on all of us RB users.

LHarrison please give more information on what do you want to achieve. There are lot of different ways to set thing up.

If you want to preview what's playing in RadioBOSS you can set the Monitor sound card in the Playback settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/playback.htm

Back