StereoTools DSP stopping

BRoberts

Hi Dmitry,
Well here's something interesting. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, so I'm sorry if they did. I have a problem with the StereoTools DSP crashing (stopping) when I have an automated message play (weather report). I would have to uncheck the DSP box and recheck it to turn it back on. For my solution, I recorded the weather on my DAW and inserted it as a play file, removing the automated message. You may want to look into this. Happened on both 6.3.3.0 and 7.0.

Dimitry,
Looks like the problem was on my end. I recreated the text-to-speech automatic announcement, and it works fine in both versions.

Dimitry,
Looks like the problem was on my end. I recreated the text-to-speech automatic announcement, and it works fine in both versions.
This is interesting. I don't see any connection why StereoTool could possibly stop because of TTS announcement.

BRoberts I haven't seen this perhaps if you would post what exactly you are doing I might be able to help, I have stereo tool which is working brilliantly make sure with 7.00 you turn off audio processing it improves it substantially. I f its replicatable can you post what you are doing so that we can try please ?

BRoberts I haven't seen this perhaps if you would post what exactly you are doing I might be able to help, I have stereo tool which is working brilliantly make sure with 7.00 you turn off audio processing it improves it substantially. I f its replicatable can you post what you are doing so that we can try please ?

Thank you so much for responding. The issue I get happens in 6.3.3.0 as well as 7.0. The issue appears only to happen when I have a TTS event scheduled. An example would be the weather announcement. As soon as it starts it will stop Stereo Tools operations. I then need to uncheck the stereo tools DSP and recheck the DSP to get it restarted. Mind you that the TTS plays perfectly, minus the processing. (Volume drops) If this is not weird enough, as soon as I restart the DSP while the TTS is playing, it will process the audio as normal, until the next time the weather TTS starts. The TTS are scheduled at 20 and 50.

Let me add how brilliant this software is. I have used quite a few automation software and none of them allow me to obtain the sound for the station as completely and easily as RadioBoss. To say how happy and committed I am to this software would be an understatement. I have looked for a solution, but, have not yet found one. Like you, I am also very pleased with StereoTools.

An example would be the weather announcement. As soon as it starts it will stop Stereo Tools operations. I then need to uncheck the stereo tools DSP and recheck the DSP to get it restarted. Mind you that the TTS plays perfectly, minus the processing. (Volume drops) If this is not weird enough, as soon as I restart the DSP while the TTS is playing, it will process the audio as normal, until the next time the weather TTS starts. The TTS are scheduled at 20 and 50.
In RadioBOSS, TTS is processed in a totally separate area from DSP (while it processes TTS, DSP is not involved at all, and after that it's merely an array of audio data no different that any other sound), so it can be either some side effect of calling Windows' SpeechAPI that somehow, indirectly, affects StereoTool or something more weird. I don't see any way for us to fix it. You can probably use a stand alone StereoTool installation instead of DSP version.

Everything is working perfectly after playing around and making some changes to the StereoTools Preset (turning off Noisegate). Again, I can't impress enough with how GREAT this software is working for me. Not to mention all the "little tricks" I discover every day that improve the overall quality of our programming. Thank you DJSoft.net!

Thank you for the good words! It's still a mystery why some of ST options make it stop working with TTS though.

Back