Still trying to figure out virtual cable routing, e.g. RB w/Breakaway Live

wutzthedeal

I got a new Pc and can't even get things working the way I want and I'm the one who wrote the tutorial on getting it to work before!  The problem is that now I'm introducing Breakaway live into my broadcast. 

Dmitry, please advise me on how to set this up inside RB regarding input and playback.  I will be running the 3-repeater version of the setup for VAC.  So mic to 1, line 2 to line 1 (for skype/g-voice), line 2 to headset.  Breakaway live will be set to only affect my voice and possibly my callers audio.  So on it, I'm setting input to mic, output to line 1.  That would suggest that my processed voice output will now enter RB IF I set RB's mic input to line 1 and the caller's voice will be included.  Ideally, I'd like to have my VAC setup to decide whether or not to process the caller's voice (some guys have perfect audio setups already and I do not want to process their stuff, just pass it through when they call) but I'd settle for just making it all work together.  I do not want to run my songs or commercials or cartwalls through the processor, but I do need to both hear my stuff when it plays AND avoid long delays that put cartwall stuff out of sync with the broadcast.  I'm on win 8.1, dsl connection.  I ran my voice through BB the other night, sounded great.  Please advise.  (If my 3 repeater setup is outdated considering advances in RB software, please advise on that, too).

Can you please specify what's not working? Probably you should exclude Breakaway for now and try to set up things like they were before. And then after everything works, add Breakaway to it.

Back