track repeating issue

jaypea500

I'm having an issue with a category that will repeat a song twice in a row. I have a "recent" category containing songs from the past 10 years. the category appears in the hour twice approximately 30 minutes apart. The category has 52 songs from 35 artists. No dupes in the category.

I have the category no-repeat rules set thus:

Ignore all rules: unchecked
Do not repeat artist: 60min
Do not repeat track: 6hrs 40min
Do not repeat album: use global value (not set globally)
Do not repeat track title: 6hrs
No additional rules

Under the "Track" tab I have it set to play the tracks in order and "Advance on each generation" is checked.

And yet, two or three times a day, the same track will play in both "recent" slots in the hour. Sometimes it happens within the hour. Sometimes it happens in the last slot in the previous hour and the first slot in the current hour (see below).

Capture.JPG

I don't know why this is occurring. After it happens, all seems fine for a few hours. Then it happens again with a different track in the category.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

Many Thanks!

...joe

Is it a single playlist that is generated, or it's a sequence of different playlists? We can't confirm repeated tracks in the playlist here.

I think your question may have just solved my issue. Or at least it knocked something loose in the melon on top of my shoulders. Let me try something and I'll report back...

I also have issue with track repeat protection issues.

see attached screenshot for repeat protection clauses.

I have around 2400 songs and 6 days and 21 minutes total playing times set in shuffle/random

But quite often I hear same song repeating not following the rules I set.

Especially after jingle or ID on schedule it always run next one below schedule. Although sometimes that song is just played minutes ago.

I don't use playlist generator. Just normal random/shuffle on 1 single playlist

Anyone is having the same problem or have any solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-04 214157.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-04 214157.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 64
I think, and Dmitry can confirm, that repeat protection only works with generated playlists. I'm pretty sure I've read that here somewhere...

OK, I think I've cured my issue with the repeating "recent" category track. Of course, saying that now might jinx it, but it's been working all day now. Here's what I was doing:

I only play a one hour playlist each hour. That playlist was created using a command in the scheduler each hour at XX:35:00 and set aside. At XX:59:40, the scheduler runs a "clear playlist" command. Then at XX:59:45, scheduler runs a command to load the new playlist that was set aside above.

After you replied with your question, it loosened some of my brain synapses. Upon inspection, the new playlist was being created prior to playing the second "recent" entry in the hour. That second entry plays around XX:50:00. The thought is that because that second "recent" position hadn't yet played when the new playlist was created, the system re-pulled that track for the new hour.

I now have the new playlist created at XX:55:00, after that second "recent" category track has played. So far, so good...

When you use Shuffle, it does not perform any repeat checks (and it does not use any settings from the Track List repeat protection window on your screenshot). Shuffle does some basic checks but it does not guarantee anything. If you need quality track selection, please consider using the Playlist Generator.

After you replied with your question, it loosened some of my brain synapses. Upon inspection, the new playlist was being created prior to playing the second "recent" entry in the hour. That second entry plays around XX:50:00. The thought is that because that second "recent" position hadn't yet played when the new playlist was created, the system re-pulled that track for the new hour.
This can be the cause. However, in Playlist Generator there's an option to take into account tracks that present in the playlist but not played yet (it's in the Settings tab), did you have that enabled?

I also have issue with track repeat protection issues.

see attached screenshot for repeat protection clauses.

I have around 2400 songs and 6 days and 21 minutes total playing times set in shuffle/random

But quite often I hear same song repeating not following the rules I set.

Especially after jingle or ID on schedule it always run next one below schedule. Although sometimes that song is just played minutes ago.

Anyone is having the same problem or have any solution?
Thank you Dimitry,

I will do some classification first before running the PL generator.

Would there be a way to actually transfer file from a single playlist into a folder so that it would be easier for us to divide songs from the existing playlist into a folder rather than choosing from our 151.000 database of songs

Would there be a way to actually transfer file from a single playlist into a folder so that it would be easier for us to divide songs from the existing playlist into a folder rather than choosing from our 151.000 database of songs
If you copy files to another folder that will lead to duplicates (and there's possible issue with track metadata and playcount - if you use database as additional info storage, it identified tracks by path*). If you only want to choose from a subset of your music library you can either configure filters in Playlist Generator, or (more effective in terms of performance) create a library or a playlist that will only have the tracks you need.

* https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

Back