UI Improvements

dave-t

Could I please request a couple of improvements in the UI to assists those of us with visual impairments?

1. Ability to change font/size/Color in the Last Track - On Air - Coming Up Next boxes (ability to change background colors would also be nice)

2. When a schedule is due to run I notice that it flashes red in the schedule window and also on the coming Up Next box. Can we find a way to make this more visible?

Suggestions such as (flashing background color change in the Coming Up Next Box or (preferably) flashing background change in the current time box (Top Left)

Many thanks

Dave

1. Yes, in the next update the font will be the same as set for "Window font".

2. Maybe add a little box above the playlist saying the event is supposed to be launched soon?

djsoft said:
1. Yes, in the next update the font will be the same as set for "Window font".

2. Maybe add a little box above the playlist saying the event is supposed to be launched soon?

Adding a little box would probably not be preferable. "little" could be missed that is why I suggested using the existing "time" box especially as this is "time" relarted. if the current white background could flash Red it would be clearly visible ?

It is important that any accessibly features can be switched off or on and that (in visual terms) they are customizible. different eye conditions have differing impacts on what is required and font size and colors are very import in this respect.

What RB has done so far is extremely good  :)

The Time box is not big enough for this IMO.
Perhaps leave flashing in the "Coming up next" section, but make it use red background?

djsoft said:
The Time box is not big enough for this IMO.
Perhaps leave flashing in the "Coming up next" section, but make it use red background?

Strangely I disagree! My suggestion is to provide a visible "alert" rather than the detail itself which can be found flashing in the schedule or coming up next window.

Actually flashing the background color of the "coming up next box" could be OK although it could - in some circumstance - make it difficult to read what is actually in that box while it is flashing

Alert already exists in the Coming up next box :) How will it be more visible in the little Time box? what the alert should say... just a generic "Upcoming Event"?

Regarding flashing with Red background we can make it look good: just need to adjust the background color and font color to make it easy to read. Maybe even make it black letters on a white background, flashing will be easily noticeable.

djsoft said:
Alert already exists in the Coming up next box :) How will it be more visible in the little Time box? what the alert should say... just a generic "Upcoming Event"?

Regarding flashing with Red background we can make it look good: just need to adjust the background color and font color to make it easy to read. Maybe even make it black letters on a white background, flashing will be easily noticeable.

If you use the clock It does not need to say anything  :) The fact that it is flashing lets you know that something is going to happen. The detail of what that is, is in the schedule window and the coming up next box. Because the "schedule" is a function of the "time" it is logical to use the clock ?

In terms of what the text says - I don't think that needs altering. Just looking to improve the visibility of the "alert"

dave-t said:
Because the "schedule" is a function of the "time" it is logical to use the clock ?
It looks more logical to me that upcoming scheduler events are displayed in the "Coming Up Next" box.
Just make flashing more noticeable and I think you'll like it - an update will be released today.

The problem here is that new users, who just installed RB and not familiar with it may not understand the
The fact that it is flashing lets you know that something is going to happen
concept :) They would just think Why in the hell that Clock starts flashing?

OK I will leave it to you how to take this forward. I am sure you will come up with the right method  :)

Back