using Mic in Radioboss demo

K

kickie

i can hear my mic output when monitoring my stream .. yet no visualisation is seen and the mic volume doesnt make it to the shoutcast server. i use a Creative Audigy Z2Pro .. settings in the fx/mic are as follows Line Device (Soundcard) source .. Line In/Mic
Mic Button .. control Line In/Mic
no FX. any advice gratefully recieved .. as i really want to buy this product

For now, if you want to see MIC visualization and pass it to the shoutcast server, you can use this workaround:

1. Press Jingles -> Assign, in the window appeared assign LINE.IN file to one of the numbers (this file is located in the RadioBOSS folder, usually c:\Program Files\RadoBOSS).
2. Set up Line.IN in the settings to use proper source
3. When you want to turn on microphone, press the number (to which you assigned Line.In on step 1) on the keyboard or on the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

although this idea does give a visual on the mic level ... it unfortunatley is delayed by about a second .. theres no way anyone can broadcast like that. is there no other way to actually get a mic output to the server ? bit of a basic thing for a radio show :)

[quote author="kickie"]although this idea does give a visual on the mic level ... it unfortunatley is delayed by about a second .. theres no way anyone can broadcast like that. is there no other way to actually get a mic output to the server ? bit of a basic thing for a radio show :)[/quote]

This happens because of buffering. You can reduce the buffer size in the Playback section of the Settings window to, for example, 0.10 sec and the delay should not be noticeable.
But, low buffer sizes can cause "clicks" during playback, so if you hear clicks, you need to increase buffer size.

even with the buffer setting as low as it will go theres no way to properly use a mic ... any other ideas? surely i cant be the only one to have this problem?

[quote author="kickie"]even with the buffer setting as low as it will go theres no way to properly use a mic ... any other ideas? surely i cant be the only one to have this problem?[/quote]

Yes, some people have had this problem, and there is one more solution. You can use Oddcast software (http://oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv3/oddcastv3_standalone_3.1.18.exe) to broadcast. In this case, you will use the normal "MIC" button function. Also, RadioBOSS should not use any of the Shoutcast plugins and the "Broadcasting" feature has to be turned off.
When you start Oddcast, select the sound device you want to use and source (usually it's called "What you hear" or "Stereo Mix")

If you want Oddcast to display the current song name, click "Edit" button at the top, in the window appeared in the "External Metadata" section select "File" and enter file name <radioboss dir>\nowplaying.txt, where <radioboss dir> is a directory where you installed RadioBOSS software.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

TRIM button is not working, that happens, how progroma error? :cry:

[quote author="MIC?"]TRIM button is not working, that happens, how progroma error? :cry:[/quote]
What is "TRIM" button?

Sorry, button "MIC" does not work I can not speak on my radio

The "MIC" button just controls the Microphone's (or what is set in the settings window) Select/Mute option in the windows mixer.

If your radio is internet-radio, then the MIC button won't work as expected, you can use workaround described here: http://www.djsoft.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=242#242

The program is good, but would be the best if settle this problem, that what plowing in the next version of radioboss?

It is planned for future versions of RadioBOSS software, I think will be done in the next version.

Back