What Is The Correct Method?

ACRadio

I am the Station manager of a church sponsored station. I have recently started in-house production using RadioBoss as the platform. My question is with music rotations. Currently I have 3 Sunday morning worship service replays, 2 Wednesday evening service replays, 2 teaching series shows, some 30 one to four minute short features that are aired 2 to 3 times daily, children's shows and music for 1 hour daily, and music rotations intertwined among all of this. I have morning, afternoon, evening, late night, quiet time, live worship and Southern Gospel rotations. I don't want to have to make daily playlists, so what I did is make folders for each rotation with the songs that I would want played during that time. There is anywhere from 500 to 1000 songs in most of the rotations. I set a schedule for each rotation and tell it to "play all tracks from folder" and also have it to "shuffle the playlist before inserting" so the playlist will be different each day. This is convenient due to being completely automated (no live DJ's) and not having to make music rotations every day. Also if I want to add new music I just set the ID3 tags and throw it in the folder for the rotation I want it to be in. But there is a problem because when I do this way it ignores the playlist rules so as to be legal. What would be the correct method to be able to automatically make a random playlist for each rotation from the designated folder and still have RadioBoss adhere to the playlist rules?

If you want it to obey various rules like "do not repeat artists" then you need to use the Playlist Generator Pro. The playlist creation is fully automatic, you just need to set up things once. Please see this article for more information: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

Also please make sure you're using the latest RadioBOSS 5.1.

Let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks...I'll dig into it. I was under the impression the playlists made with the generator would be the same every time so that's why I did things the way I did.

ACRadio said:
Thanks...I'll dig into it. I was under the impression the playlists made with the generator would be the same every time so that's why I did things the way I did.
If you have Random selection for categories (the default) then the playlists will be different each time.

Back