What to do when RadioBOSS comes up with "Not Responding" on top toolbar

Dmitry,

We have a secondary computer with RadioBOSS loaded and we use that for:

1. An emergency standby for our main computer

2. The "workstation" for preparing playlists and running Playlist Generator Pro, and doing experiments with RadioBOSS - so that if there is a problem we don't risk putting the station off the air.

Today the RadioBOSS installation on the secondary computer started to play up.  It has not done this before and the symptoms are pretty simple - after starting up it shows the "Not Responding" error message on the top tool bar.

I have re-installed the software over the top of the existing installation - with no success.

I have uninstalled the old installation and done a fresh installation and that has worked.

But when I re-map the old config settings stored on the computer (RadioBOSS_1538788758, RadioBOSS_464995206 etc.) the error message "Not Responding" comes back.

So does that indicate a corrupt config file somewhere ?

Any suggestions on what to try next ?

Because we use this computer for all of our pre-production work we really need to get it going quickly AND with the old config settings in place so that all our Playlist Generator Pro settings and other config settings are in place to save us having to re key them all again.

Any suggestions for a quick fix ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

It's hard to tell why it behaves like this... Please upload the settings backup file to http://www.djsoft.net/incoming - we'll analyze it here.

Dmitry,

Another fix might be to use the new installation and overwriting some of the config settings one by one until we get the old settings in place without a "Not Responding" message.

I'll try and do that today.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Another fix might be to use the new installation and overwriting some of the config settings one by one until we get the old settings in place without a "Not Responding" message.
So you do have access to your configuration files? If so, send them here.

You can also open the settings manually (you may need to turn on hidden files display). The config is located here:
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net

Back