"if stream connected play first this (e.g. intro).mp3"

ollybollydel

Great Soft! I like it!

First: Sorry for my language skills ;-)

One of my wishes for the "options" is:

When the stream is connected play this xxxxx.mp3 first (with an browsing field to choose a mp.3 file for this. E.G. a intro, show opener etc.)
After playing this intro.mp3 must start the normally playlist or waiting for other actions of the DJ.

Why?
This is a good option for the following DJ who's waiting for the start of their own show.

At the moment we have following situation:
DJ1 is streaming his show and maybe don't stop his stream exactly at the right time at the end of his show.
DJ2 is blocked from the streamserver in this case and must wait for connection... DJ2 musst look all the time on the status window if connected or not...

With the option "play intro.mp3 if connected" DJ2 can enjoy a cup of coffee and waiting for the start of his intro.mp3... If he hear the intro he can begin the work :) He hears then: "I'm on Air now"

Listener connections are handled on server side, so the intro thing should be done there. RadioBOSS can't do it for technical reasons.
Shoutcast (or sc_trans) supports intros if I remember correctly.

Oh... sorry you missunderstood me...

I make it easier:

Example: I press the "connect" button und RadioBoss is trying every 5 seconds to connect the server. I can see this in the statuswindow on the left bottom...
The message are: error - Cannot start broadcasting (output 1): Error 1 (invalid password)
This message is coming when the stream is blocked trough a other DJ

My request is:
At the moment when RadioBoss connectet play the intro.mp3 (or when it's easier for programming): at the moment when connected start the playlist.

I hope now it's easier to understand :)

All right, I got it. You can do it manually, like assign a jingle using the Jingles menu and play it when connection is established (or use cart wall for this).

I added this to the requests list, so maybe the Intro feature will be added in the future.

Back