Hour markers

It is possible but not in the way we are proposing.
maybe a new feature could be the following:
View attachment 12973

allow the execution of the events, directly in the playlist.
Any event, whether musical or advertising, will be waiting to be executed at the moment.

It would be a very useful feature for everyone and without getting out of the way of "RB" work.

I offer to help with the design.
I agree with this, but I think it's a pretty far end point with what we have in radioboss.
I understand that in the future it would be a great improvement, but there are people who find the current method, events that are inserted, more comfortable. It would be necessary to look for a hybrid between both worlds, for now I don't have an easy idea to carry it out. (And also without a big redesign that I understand is not going to happen).
If you have an idea I would like to hear it

This is already possible using the Ads Scheduler, it will prepare playlists and events in advance and run them when needed.
The idea behind this is to be able to control exactly which song we go to and leave the batch with.
Currently this is not possible since it is not known in which position the advertising events will be inserted.
lughsan will say if i'm wrong, but that's the question here.
As I said before, for now I don't have an idea of implementing this, although I would like it to happen at some point.
1679966542441.png

Wow this is an interesting debate please keep talking about these things. I am not sure why you want hour playlists, but you can do that already by creating any length playlist. I think what you are describing but i might be wrong is a schedular to schedule the playlist into the current playlist automatically. Radio Boss as some great features. In play lists which you might not be aware of if you right click a track in another playlist you can add it to play next you can do this as many times as you like, and it will play the track outside the current playlist. If you notice on your playlist these. I hope this helps.

allow the execution of the events, directly in the playlist.
Events can only be executed via the Scheduler. This way you have a single point of control.
As for what you ask, we'll make it possible to use file name templates in the playlist generator, so you'll be able to insert items like "C:\ads\playlist?hh.m3u8" - it will appear as a single item in the RadioBOSS's playlist window, and when played, it will open up.
This template item can reference playlists that are created by the Ads Scheduler. In this case, you'll be running ads from the playlist, not from the scheduler.

But why not adjust all the time? If no track is inserted or changed by an event, it will require less adjustment percentage and possibly more seconds of adjustment.
Do you mean slightly change speed of all tracks in the hour to make them end exactly at the end of the hour?

My idea is something like this.
The idea is to go to each hour of the day easily without the need to scroll
Yes, looks like a good way, to add it to playlist tabs, and allow to show/hide it. Added it to the list for new updates, thank you.

I understand that in the future it would be a great improvement, but there are people who find the current method, events that are inserted, more comfortable. It would be necessary to look for a hybrid between both worlds, for now I don't have an easy idea to carry it out. (And also without a big redesign that I understand is not going to happen).
Complete redesign is what I'd like to avoid at all costs. Many people like RadioBOSS for the stability in terms of UI and way of operation, that updates do not break anything. Anything new can be added as an option. The next major update will focus on playlist generator (making more precise playlists) and possibly variable speed/pitch. We'll see where to move from there.

As I said before, for now I don't have an idea of implementing this, although I would like it to happen at some point.
One possibility is to execute events early and insert them based on Start Time. But this approach has multiple issues - another event can be executed, changing start times. Any manual edits in the playlist will also change start times. Currently I don't see any working solution for this :)

but you can do that already by creating any length playlist
Only manually, Playlist Generator is unable to create exact duration playlists. If you tell it to create 1 hour playlist, it will create a playlist that has 1 hour or more in length, e.g. 1 hour and 15 minutes.

I agree with this, but I think it's a pretty far end point with what we have in radioboss.
If you have an idea I would like to hear it
I think the biggest advantage of "RB" is its great flexibility in the time that I've been testing it.
My intention is to give more freedom to the "programmer" so that he can use RB in the way that seems most appropriate and that suits his needs.

When I talk about design, I mean creating templates according to the needs of each person or company.
a suitable template for specific needs, for example:

template 1:
1679872330730-png.12965

template 2:
1679965819721-png.12974

It would be a great step for RB to create templates for every need.

Wow this is an interesting debate please keep talking about these things. I am not sure why you want hour playlists, but you can do that already by creating any length playlist. I think what you are describing but i might be wrong is a schedular to schedule the playlist into the current playlist automatically. Radio Boss as some great features. In play lists which you might not be aware of if you right click a track in another playlist you can add it to play next you can do this as many times as you like, and it will play the track outside the current playlist. If you notice on your playlist these. I hope this helps.
The idea is to start a musical hour exactly on the hour. There is even an institution that announces that a new hour is beginning.
For now we will use the "" feature, to fade the song that is on the air and start at the exact point.
In our experience, none of the padding worked as we needed, the same padding was always used in ads scheduler (as long as the block was not modified). If you needed to fill 5.3 minutes on 300 tracks, only 20 met the condition and it sounded repetitive. That's why I suggested that multiple tracks could be used as fill, and that improved a bit.
In Playlist generator it is different, since each preset will have a different duration, so the filling varies. But anyway, with these characteristics the accuracy will be superior and imperceptible to the audience.

Complete redesign is what I'd like to avoid at all costs. Many people like RadioBOSS for the stability in terms of UI and way of operation, that updates do not break anything. Anything new can be added as an option. The next major update will focus on playlist generator (making more precise playlists) and possibly variable speed/pitch. We'll see where to move from there.
Yes, the theme of events has its pros and cons the current method. Although I don't love the idea of things appearing and modifying the current list, and modifying it, I understand that redoing that is not a good idea, for the very reason you are commenting. Backward compatibility is a great radioboss virus.
A great virtue is that you can do practically anything with the scheduler.

In good time that playlist gen pro receives an update. Unfortunately we stopped using it as the main rotator (we now use MusicMaster with the same tags we used in PLGen Pro), while there are things I love about it and the stability is unbeatable, there are certain filters that it lacks. Or, for example, an easy way to configure each hour of the week from a single interface. (and not a lot of events that are very difficult to maintain), of course this depends on our way of working, for some people it may be very complex.
Maybe at some point I will return to PLGen Pro, but there is still a long way to go. I only use PLGen Pro on a small station that I maintain.

One possibility is to execute events early and insert them based on Start Time. But this approach has multiple issues - another event can be executed, changing start times. Any manual edits in the playlist will also change start times. Currently I don't see any working solution for this
Exactly. The only way to make this work is to be aware that you can't insert events that modify the playlist, but it will be very confusing for many.

Just to broaden the view, this software lacks a scheduler.
Events are launched at the time of advertising. Even if you need to launch something at a certain time you need to insert it into a timestamp like an advertisement.
So music playback is on one side and commercials and events on the other. And the system simply goes from one player to another based on the hour markers. (When it is in automatic mode, otherwise this must be done manually).
This has great limitations, but at the same time other advantages. It's not the perfect solution either.
1680039537770.png

That's why I suggested that multiple tracks could be used as fill, and that improved a bit.
Maybe this will not be needed if Playlist Generator will be able to create "exact duration" playlists, and combined with the "time stretch" feature. I'll note "Sweepers" improvement for the future, though - internally RadioBOSS improved a lot in the past updates, so making it select 2-3 sweepers instead of one will not be a big deal to add.

there are certain filters that it lacks
What filters can be added to Playlist Generator to improve it?

Although I don't love the idea of things appearing and modifying the current list, and modifying it, I understand that redoing that is not a good idea
Another possible option would be to run events in a separate player. Similar to Overlay Playback, but playing as if it's mixed with the main playlist, without modifying it. We have an idea of changing playlist to a Tree structure, where started events will appear as an expanded tree item, making event bounds more obvious.

Exactly. The only way to make this work is to be aware that you can't insert events that modify the playlist, but it will be very confusing for many.
The main problem here is that events can start any time. There are lots of features (multiple start times, repeats) that allow events start often. Queuing also depends on what track is playing, e.g. one event with four tracks can start, two tracks played, another event starts - this is really hard to calculate because the number of possibilities is infinite.

So music playback is on one side and commercials and events on the other.
It looks like RadioBOSS allows a lot more freedom compared to this approach. Still, there's "Overlay playback" feature that does about the same as you describe.

We have an idea of changing playlist to a Tree structure, where started events will appear as an expanded tree item, making event bounds more obvious.

tree structure? Is it something like this?
1680095753665.png

I recently found this program "playlist digital"
1680096055227.png

Everything is managed from a "single list", where the daily schedule appears.
it also has the same pause and stop commands as RB.

this could be a way to carry a more fluid programming in RB.
Obviously with their differences and in the style of RB.

I would like to know what everyone thinks.

tree structure? Is it something like this?
View attachment 12979

I recently found this program "playlist digital"
View attachment 12980
Everything is managed from a "single list", where the daily schedule appears.
it also has the same pause and stop commands as RB.

this could be a way to carry a more fluid programming in RB.
Obviously with their differences and in the style of RB.

I would like to know what everyone thinks.
THIS WOULD BE IDEAL FOR RADIO AND AUTOMATION LOVERS.
I THINK THE SAME.

What filters can be added to Playlist Generator to improve it?
The most important:
-Increase or decrease priority based on tags
-Grid in the programmer to assign a playlistgen preset every hour (or configurable).. see attached link.

Not vital, but interesting
Immigration categories. (Categories formed by percentages of other categories... we also discuss it in the attached link).
Filters to prevent a song from coming out within +/- 15 minutes than yesterday. We debated it a couple of times. This plays with the unconscious. Avoid people doing the same routine activity listening to the same song as the day before at the same time. (Keep me from thinking that the sound is always the same)

The most important:
-Grid in the programmer to assign a playlistgen preset every hour (or configurable).. see attached link.

Not vital, but interesting
Immigration categories. (Categories formed by percentages of other categories... we also discuss it in the attached link).
Filters to prevent a song from coming out within +/- 15 minutes than yesterday. We debated it a couple of times. This plays with the unconscious. Avoid people doing the same routine activity listening to the same song as the day before at the same time. (Keep me from thinking that the sound is always the same)

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 110
This will certainly be added.

You can create events in the scheduler to make it create playlists when needed.

This will also be added, yes. And day part repetition.

Back