Add an option to delay metadata

DJEclypse

Hi i was wondering in next version of radiocaster would it be possible for you to add the option to delay metadata sending on connection of a live stream as some radio providers radio panels dont push the meta data unless theres a delay in pushing it so was wondering if you could add this to radiocaster with some kind of a dropdown slection in the settigns so we can choose beteeen 1 - 10 seconds before radiocaster requests the metadata it would be awesome if you could impliment this and would sort a lot of issues out for a lot of people thanks :)

Can you please give an example of providers that have such kind of a limitation?

Media cp doesnt pick up the metadata when the streaming software pushes the metadata through instantly same with azuracast so would be nice to have a meta data delay optinon and a choice of 1 to 10 seconds implimented if you need an example i can record and post a video here if thats cool

It looks like the problem is with those platforms, and they should fix it on their end. There's no problem technically in that metadata is sent right away - they can read it immediately, or at any other time.

yes i know what you mean but asking them to fix this kind of thing is like waiting for xmas lol and would be a nice feature to have just to by pass there issues as butt has implimented this featire and it works with an 8 second delay on pushing metadata to both azuracast and media CP i know its there issue and ive been asking media cp who im with to fix this for the last 3 months but they dont and azuracast is even worse mate been years with them and they never fix either thing is i dont want to go to butt to stream as you cannot add a dsp processor compressor with them like you can in radioboss would be a good thing to add in the next version to be able to delay metadata in xa mount of seconds (users choice) i will totally undersand if you dont impliment it though ;)

yes i know what you mean but asking them to fix this kind of thing
It's definitely their problem, yes. I don't see any reason why we need to deal with this. Their software, their bugs, it's counter-productive for us to fix other people's software. That was actually a reason why we created our own streaming platform - RadioBOSS Cloud.

Technically, RadioBOSS/RadioCaster doesn't send metadata to those "platforms", it actually doesn't even communicate with them, the communication is only performed with the streaming server (Icecast/Shoutcast/...). The metadata is sent to the server and is stored there so it can be read at any time (by those platforms, players, whoever). I'm not sure why they can't read it - there's nothing preventing them from doing so.

ther is no I don't see any reason why you need to deal with this but having the option like butt broadcaster does would be beneficial to end users like me who run a radio station stream and a team of djs to have this implimented so we can delay metadata pushing which on the panels who dont fix things for months or years to circumvent this only other thing is to set up butt for all my djs to remidy the problem and i didnt want to have to do that if this feature was implimented in radiocaster

Still, this sounds weird - someone else makes bugs, refuses to fix them, and we're the ones need to make workarounds/fixes. I don't think this is going to happen. We have our own streaming platform without those issues: https://www.radioboss.fm/

ANd i asked for a trial nearly 2 days back and when the ticket was answered earlier today all i got told was go to your website https://www.radioboss.fm where all i can see is you say your giving a trial but all i can see is setups costing money ??

ANd i asked for a trial nearly 2 days back and when the ticket was answered earlier today all i got told was go to your website https://www.radioboss.fm where all i can see is you say your giving a trial but all i can see is setups costing money ??
When you select one of the plans, on checkout page it will offer you to start a 14-day trial, no payment or payment details required.

Back