Bulk Operation of the Track Tool to do 1,000 Tracks

Dmitry,

I have been experimenting with the "Track Tool" to remove the gap at the end of songs.  It seems to work very well and also adjusts the track duration shown on the playlist view.

For a single track I have been operating it as follows:

1. Right mouse click on track and select "Track Tool".
2. Click on "End" and click "OK"

Is this the correct way of doing it ?

On many songs it makes a remarkable difference to the gap at the end of the song.  Typically (mm:ss) 04:10 to 04:01 .... quite an amazing difference in the end gap - in fact 9 seconds on this example.

Is this information stored in the meta-data tags in the music file ?

Is there a way that a complete playlist of songs can be done in bulk instead of having to do them manually one by one ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie,

A new feature will be added to the Music Library soon: scan selected tracks and set their Start/End points.
By the way, exactly the same problem was recently discussed here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3580.msg14048.html#msg14048

It should be added in RB 5.0 beta version really soon.

Dmitry,

Excellent !  That will be so useful !

I have seen the "Track Tool" before but didn't quite know how it worked.  One of our live presenters found it a few months ago and told me how good it was.  Back then I was flat out working on our music library - so I resisted getting distracted.

What a great feature !

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

A suggestion for the "Track Tool".

Generally the track tool is used to eliminate gaps at the start and end of songs.  So to do this we look at the zero level axis of the audio waveform to see where the audio finally gets to zero.

The track tool vertical cursor for END has a tag attached which sits on the zero axis.  This tag covers up the waveform on the zero axis and makes it nearly impossible to see the audio level there.

Other tags like START, INTRO, OUTRO, FADE IN, MIX and FADE OUT have the tags in different positions on the vertical axis and do not obscure the zero axis audio levels.

Example:

START
|
|
|
|
---------------------- (easy to see the audio level near the zero axis)
|
|
|
|

|
    |
    |
    |
END --------------  (impossible to see the audio level near the zero axis)
    |
    |
    |
    |

Can you see what I mean ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Generally the track tool is used to eliminate gaps at the start and end of songs.  So to do this we look at the zero level axis of the audio waveform to see where the audio finally gets to zero.
Note that Track tool automatically detects the Start/End points according to audio levels (you can change them in Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous->Remove gap between tracks) - there's no much need to manually find those points.
Also the next beta version will have a feature to batch detect and set those points.

radiodungog said:
The track tool vertical cursor for END has a tag attached which sits on the zero axis.  This tag covers up the waveform on the zero axis and makes it nearly impossible to see the audio level there.
The END tag will be moved to another position in the next update.

Back