Configuring Windows 8.1 & RB using onboard computer audio card

mbabb

For some reason, it seems like it is alway's a struggle when trying to setup RadioBOSS on a computer running windows 7 or 8 and using the computer's onboard audio card for the "Main Audio OUT" and "LINE INPUT".  Between Windows mixer and RadioBOSS, I never seem to find an easy way to set it all up.  Any hints on the proper way to configure all this? 

I find when I connect a satellite receiver's audio output directly to the computer's blue colored "LINE IN", I immediately start hearing that audio, and that's without RB running. 

thanks

mb

Michael Babb said:
For some reason, it seems like it is alway's a struggle when trying to setup RadioBOSS on a computer running windows 7 or 8 and using the computer's onboard audio card for the "Main Audio OUT" and "LINE INPUT".  Between Windows mixer and RadioBOSS, I never seem to find an easy way to set it all up.  Any hints on the proper way to configure all this? 
In this case it should work out of the box with no additional configuration, as both of those are the default and only devices in the system... Please let me know what doesn't work.

Michael Babb said:
I find when I connect a satellite receiver's audio output directly to the computer's blue colored "LINE IN", I immediately start hearing that audio, and that's without RB running. 
You can change it in Control Panel-Sound-Card properties-"Listen to this device" (uncheck this option).

djsoft said:
Michael Babb said:
In this case it should work out of the box with no additional configuration, as both of those are the default and only devices in the system... Please let me know what doesn't work.

Michael Babb said:
You can change it in Control Panel-Sound-Card properties-"Listen to this device" (uncheck this option).

It's working now.  Thanks!
I found that I needed to go to Windows Control Panel / Sound properties / Playback / Speakers properties / Levels....and mute the "Line IN", in that location only.  Once that was done, RB then was able to control the Line input audio.  In RadioBOSS / Settings / Input...I have "No device" for Mic and "WASAPI-Line In" for Input 1.  RadioBOSS / Settings / Playback is using the "WASAPI-Speakers" for Main output.

Michael Babb said:
It's working now.  Thanks!
OK - good to know!

Michael Babb said:
I found that I needed to go to Windows Control Panel / Sound properties / Playback / Speakers properties / Levels....and mute the "Line IN", in that location only.
It's muted by default on fresh Windows installations... And there's also "Listen to this device" option in Sound -> Recording -> Properties (see the image) - I'd suggest you to uncheck it as well, just in case.

Attachments

• 2015-05-01_11-40-32.png
    2015-05-01_11-40-32.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 332
Back