Create ONE Library from others

P

pety

I would like to create, for example, One BIG - RO MUSIC Library - from RO-Slow.xml, RO-Medium.xml and RO-Fast.xml.

The idea is: when I add tracks to RO-Slow Library or RO-Medium Library to update only one Library not two or how many they are.

Or maybe you can give me a better idea. The point is: use the pattern of SGBDx. Update one add to all.

xSGBD (romanian) - RDMS (Relational Database Management System)  :)

So, read more *.xml's (not ADD folder or files) as one Library.

Do you just need to merge several libraries into one, or you want to use multiple libraries at once at search/playlist generator?

djsoft said:
Do you just need to merge several libraries into one, or you want to use multiple libraries at once at search/playlist generator?
Both  :)

For romanian music we made three categories: slow, medium and fast. Every categories has about 3000 tracks. If we add 100 tracks to a category we have to update that Library. But also we have all romanian music as a single Library: "All_Romanian". That means over 9000 tracks. If we update Library "All_Romanian" any time when we add tracks at slow, medium or fast, it will take a lot of time. So, if there is a method that Library "All_Romanian" to read the others xml files, that will be great.

OK, the following features will be added in the future:
- (ALL) in the search to search in all libraries
- Allow toselect multiple libraries/playlists/... in the Playlist Generator as a source
- makelibrary command will be extended to allow creating a big library from playlists/XML files/folders

djsoft said:
- Allow toselect multiple libraries/playlists/... in the Playlist Generator as a source
- makelibrary command will be extended to allow creating a big library from playlists/XML files/folders
Really? That's wonderful.

Wich of the items was added in 5.0.3 ?
I don't see any. Will you show me it ?
Thanks !

None of those features were added in 5.0.3, sorry for that. It goes to the next update.

pety, in the post above I said that none of those features were added in the 5.0.3 update. But they are scheduled for 5.1.

djsoft said:
pety, in the post above I said that none of those features were added in the 5.0.3 update. But they are scheduled for 5.1.
As usual. You said that one of them will be in 5.0.3.0. I am stupid (again) that I believe you.

Dmitry, at this post, about Library you said THAT:

http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3658.msg14812.html#msg14812

And whas taking about those things:

Those features are scheduled for the next version, which is supposed to be released soon.

By the way. If those items will be included in the next update and RB will be stable I will put it in LIVE.

pety said:
By the way. If those items will be included in the next update and RB will be stable I will put it in LIVE.
It's already stable. Compared to RB 4.9.1, the 5.0.3.1 version has more than 300 (!) bugs fixed. Of course as new features are added, new bugs can be introduced as well... but those are sorted out.

Back