End Points Collumn in the Music Library

Altec

Hey Dmitri,

Can you add the End Point position column in the Music Library.

The problem is that I have many songs with a mix point but no end points and I wanted to know which songs to set the end point (Sometimes the playlist runs out of song because of this missing end points, because the playlist generator calculate the playlist duration in part with that ends points)

I thought to launch the Process Track Tools option "Delete Silence" and check the option pass the already configured songs but in the song list without end points some are cut in the middle, example long expanded version of 70s disco songs with a 8' durations... So If I launch the process it gonna put the end points at the end so the calculations of Pigenerator will be bad.

Thank you in advance

PS : I think you said the possibility of an update in November with the categories' synchronization ? Still relevant ?

Thanks alot

Can you add the End Point position column in the Music Library.
We'll consider that for the future updates.

I thought to launch the Process Track Tools option "Delete Silence" and check the option pass the already configured songs but in the song list without end points some are cut in the middle, example long expanded version of 70s disco songs with a 8' durations...
This is the correct way to do so. If some songs are cut in the middle, it means the song is itself quiet. It's recommended to first normalize all songs, then perform other tasks (remove silence, detect mix point etc) because those procedures will take into account normalized level.

This is the correct way to do so. If some songs are cut in the middle, it means the song is itself quiet. It's recommended to first normalize all songs, then perform other tasks (remove silence, detect mix point etc) because those procedures will take into account normalized level.
I think there is a misunderstanding.

On some songs, we deliberately put the mix point in the middle, because they were too long, so if I start the process track it will not put the end point a few seconds after the mix point, but it will put it at the end of the song:

1697620727097.png

In this case if i don't set the end point, Pigenerator will be lost whe it calculate the playlist Duration, to avoid that for the moment I have set pi generator with 01:00:06 duration for generating playlists but sometimes Radioboss still running out of playlist it happens because I'm persuated that Pigenerator use the END point and not the MIX point to determinate mix and playlist time lenght.

Thanks alot for your help and for adding this new option in the Music Library :)

If you set Mix point at the custom position, you should also set End point as well, it will help you avoid any problems. Process Tracks feature has an option (enabled by default) to skip tracks where Mix or End point is already set.

Back