Event scheduler does not do its job

JeanXeb

Hi radiosboss,

Through the silence detector just alerted me to an observation

I notice that the software does not load the playlist for an unknown reason even though it is the command line :
\\192.168.1.101\nas\RADIOBOSS\PLAYLISTS\playlist_?hh.m3u8

And that the playlist exists
I have no errors in the software... (see screenshots)

I specify that the date and time of the machine are correct ...

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120352.jpg
    Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120352.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120432.jpg
    Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120432.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120551.jpg
    Capture d'écran 2023-11-13 120551.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 66
I notice that the software does not load the playlist for an unknown reason even though it is the command line :
\\192.168.1.101\nas\RADIOBOSS\PLAYLISTS\playlist_?hh.m3u8
Silence detector does not parse file name variables.

I have no errors in the software... (see screenshots)
There's also no entries indicating that the event was started at all, so the problem seems to be that the event is not starting.

Yes, I was saying that the silence detector led me to discover the loading problem.
Do you have any solution to fix this starting issue ?

For information, several instances had the same problem !
Only on this day and at this time.
Without further information...

As there are no entries in the log that the events were starting at all, the possible causes for this is:
  • events are configured incorrectly (wrong date/time/days/weeks, event is disabled etc)
  • scheduler is off or it's in Manual mode therefore events are not starting automatically

The same thing happens to me, I create an "event" on the correct days, weeks and hours and it doesn't start, I have serious problems with this.
Has anyone been able to solve it?

Attachments

• event.png
    event.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 53
The same thing happens to me, I create an "event" on the correct days, weeks and hours and it doesn't start, I have serious problems with this.
Has anyone been able to solve it?
This is very unlikely, please check the Logs section around the time where the event supposed to start and check what happens there. Most typical reason: you have another event that starts at the same time, or at about the same time, and it removes the event you need to run, so it looks that event didn't start.

Statistically speaking, RadioBOSS Cloud exists for 10 years, there was a number of reports like "events not starting" and never they were confirmed, there was never a bug like this, it was always configuration error. So I advice you to check events configuration, and check Logs - they show when the events start, any error messages (e.g. if the playlist the event is supposed to start was removed or renamed, it will not play).

In my case, this is the only event scheduled at this hour !
The outage has not yet returned, but we are monitoring this error very closely.
Especially since it's the same event every hour and all week

In my case, this is the only event scheduled at this hour !
The outage has not yet returned, but we are monitoring this error very closely.
Especially since it's the same event every hour and all week
Please check the logs to see what happens at the time when the event is supposed to run. Probably you will understand why it doesn't work.

JeanXeb, can you post your event screen by capturing it here so that it's possible to have what you have set. I will try replicate it .

Jean

I did but mine is playing perfectly as you can see is it possible you have this playlist buried too deep in folders. However, there was an odd result I put two audio files mp3 in my playlist the first played the second track was very quiet and not as loud. I reversed these, and it played the second one loudly and the firs quietly There is defiantly something not working with sound loudness I am looking to see if its something I am doing. I am wondering if this is a fade out. You should get this box open in the log with your playlist:

Attachments

• 009e265af1ec006f4f1aca767aa1dad8.png
    009e265af1ec006f4f1aca767aa1dad8.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 55
Dimitri I also get an Event was not started because "Manual" option is enabled (Voice Over) error on playback. It also seems to have stuck this in the list as I ran it manually which I can't seem to remove. It also seems to remove the shuffle flag when the evnt is run :

LOG
Inserting auto-intro "Morcheeba" (that was the lovely morcheeba.mp3)
[419] Dope Lemon - Hey You
[420] DOPE LEMON - Honey Bones
Inserting auto-intro "DOPE LEMON" (Am so happy to play some of my music for you from Dope Lemon.mp3)
Starting event "Voice Over"
Schedule: [Voice Over] 2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8 (C:\My Music\2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8)
Inserted 2 tracks from 2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8
Stream archive: split recording
[420] DJ Denise - Are you all Ok
[421] DJ Denise - bring your friends to this beautiful club2
[420] DOPE LEMON - Honey Bones.

Last edited:
I also tried setting up as this, so it inserted the sweeper and the playlist as a track, and it didn't play them at all.
92c0a79e3cdac5d624dce1b5df70b40a.png

[1750] Taken By Trees - Sweet Child o' Mine feat.Victoria Bergsman
Inserting auto-intro "Taken By Trees" (you are listening to a good song from Taken By Trees.mp3)
Starting event "Voice Over"
Schedule: [Voice Over] 2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8 (C:\My Music\2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8)
Inserted 2 tracks from 2023-11-18 voice over playlist.m3u8
[1265] Micatone - Sit Beside Me [Club Mix]

The tracks from sweeper or playlist never got plated before Micatone played.

Its still saying this event can't be started as its manual event. There seems no way to change this?

I managed to duplicate it and remove the other one. Thought this had cured it but it didnt

there seems no way to copy more than one line from the log

Yes Dimitri but its not playing any sound and is affecting shuffle turning it off so you have to toggle it did you see my posts with logs

Back