Hour markers

You can use the multi-action event to load all playlists to all of the tabs (set active tab, load playlist), and add one last action to change the active playlist tab to the first tab.

You can use the multi-action event to load all playlists to all of the tabs (set active tab, load playlist), and add one last action to change the active playlist tab to the first tab.
The problem with this approach is that using multiple action events will not insert the content of the playlist.

I guess I should create two events for this. true?

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 288
The problem with this approach is that using multiple action events will not insert the content of the playlist.
Yes, if you also need to open up the playlist, it will be two events. The downside is that it will also start playback. By the waty what is the purpose of using a separate tab for each hour? Why not load the next hour playlist with the "Clear playlist" option and simply use the single tab?

Why not load the next hour playlist with the "Clear playlist" option and simply use the single tab?
This is how I am working now.
By the waty what is the purpose of using a separate tab for each hour?
The advantage is that I can manually edit the tracks every hour.
At the beginning of the day I load the 24 playlists in the windows and I can easily edit them. (No need to load the playlist manually)

The advantage is that I can manually edit the tracks every hour.
At the beginning of the day I load the 24 playlists in the windows and I can easily edit them. (No need to load the playlist manually)
OK, we'll see if there are other requests for this.

The idea is to lower your voice when the announcer starts speaking and then raise it when the voicetrack ends. Basically it is to replicate the behavior of voicetrack in follow editor.
Here everything is automatic, from the place where you are positioned, when you start recording, the program performs an attenuation of the track that ends (through the voicetrack).
when next is pressed in the recording the track starts but also at a low volume since it is riding on the voicetrack. Then at the end of the voicetrack it should be returned to the original volume.
All this is done through points that the program creates, which are editable with a simple click. It is something very similar to adobe audition (multitrack mode)
A look at another remote voicetrack implementation (ProppFrexx)

There are very interesting things here. The program downloads the playlist in low quality, that is, it converts the tracks to another format for a higher download speed.
Then the announcer records the voice tracks with a kind of "follow editor 3" with recorder. (I think that was always the reason for a follow editor 3). Finally the changes and the new voice tracks are uploaded.
As in the other software that I mentioned earlier, when pressing "rec" the cue playback starts and a next button is enabled to launch the next track.

Attachments

• Sin título.png
    Sin título.png
    145.7 KB · Views: 262
Converting the tracks is a lenghly operation, then downloading (this will also require a static IP which very few have or use an external service), I'm not sure this is very practical.

Converting the tracks is a lenghly operation, then downloading (this will also require a static IP which very few have or use an external service), I'm not sure this is very practical.
I think that in this type of services a public IP is essential. For example to upload new voicetracks.
It is true that it takes about 3 seconds to convert the tracks, but then the download speed is much higher.
Imagine a flac converted to aac 32kbps.
This program, before starting the recording, performs the conversion and downloads so that later everything is transparent.
In addition, any change in the playlist is reflected in the remote administration. Eg if a new local track is added, this is sent to the server. In the case of remote tracks this is not necessary to go up again.

error en cue Sigue Editor.
Si una parte de la pista que comienza está silenciada, la vista previa aún puede escuchar

Estoy dispuesto a trabajar gratis en el código de Sigue Editor. Si está interesado podemos seguir la conversación por correo.:)
I am experiencing the same issue. It gets very annoying after a while 😂

Exactly, and this is why I think this feature wouldn't be very popular. Why not manage it using remote control tools like Remote Desktop?
Remote desktop tools I am not comfortable for these tasks. Many software are building tools to be able to work with them from any platform. Although RB has a very powerful api, a powerful integrated solution would be very useful for many users without programming knowledge.

Remote desktop tools I am not comfortable for these tasks. Many software are building tools to be able to work with them from any platform. Although RB has a very powerful api, a powerful integrated solution would be very useful for many users without programming knowledge.
Remote playlist management as described in this topic is a big feature, and at this moment I'm not sure it will pay off - lots of effort developing this while the demand is questionable. We'll need to think about it.

Dmitry, I would like to know what is the priority with the hour markers. And how would this be implemented.

In other software I saw functions that I find very interesting mounted on this.

For example, speeding up or slowing down tracks by between 3% or 5%, ensures that this has no audible effect and on average gives a margin to adjust 20 seconds per song. (on average)
If we have 16 tracks per hour, we have more than 5 minutes +/- to make the block last an exact hour ... and for example the commercials or news can start on the hour ... All this without fader or audible effects.
I found something very interesting

Dmitry, I would like to know what is the priority with the hour markers. And how would this be implemented.
The first iteration supposed to be simple: automatically add a comment-like track to the playlist to indicate hour start/end.

For example, speeding up or slowing down tracks by between 3% or 5%, ensures that this has no audible effect and on average gives a margin to adjust 20 seconds per song. (on average)
While this sounds interesting, this is a totally separate feature, not connected to hour markers. Currently sweepers are used to make it end at the exact hour. Anyway, adjusting all songs like this will only work if no other events run in between - and this is rarely the case. If there are no events, it could be easier to make Playlist Generator choose the tracks so that it matches an exact hour (or any other duration). With the 6.0 architecture this is really possible.

Anyway, adjusting all songs like this will only work if no other events run in between - and this is rarely the case
This is true. These ideas come from software in which there is no "planner", everything is loaded in the list in the form of blocks, they provide the control that "nothing appears in the playlist by surprise"
Then they allow the complete handling of blocks with functions like the one described above.

They are very different worlds, each one has its pros and cons.
I am not asking that the structure of the program be changed, as this would be inadmissible, but the debate is always good.

Currently sweepers are used to make it end at the exact hour
Is it possible to use sweapers in Playlist Gen Pro? unaware of this.
I used commercial block filling sweapers a few years ago, it really is a very powerful function. The problem was that there are schedules of advertising blocks, they were not published very often in our case, I always chose the same 3 or 4 sweapers (which were songs, a total of 2000)
I ended up disabling this function, because after a while the advertising blocks sounded "always the same"

It is a good starting point. Is there an approximate date for this?
Not yet. There's still a backlog of bugs to fix before we can start working on this.

This is true. These ideas come from software in which there is no "planner", everything is loaded in the list in the form of blocks, they provide the control that "nothing appears in the playlist by surprise"
Then they allow the complete handling of blocks with functions like the one described above.
This is completely different from how RadioBOSS works - changing the core design is something that's certainly not going to happen.

Making it end songs at exact hour end is possible though, and currently achieved with using Sweepers.

Is it possible to use sweapers in Playlist Gen Pro? unaware of this.
Not in generator, they are inserted before scheduled events: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/sweepers.htm

A look at another remote voicetrack implementation (ProppFrexx)

There are very interesting things here. The program downloads the playlist in low quality, that is, it converts the tracks to another format for a higher download speed.
Then the announcer records the voice tracks with a kind of "follow editor 3" with recorder. (I think that was always the reason for a follow editor 3). Finally the changes and the new voice tracks are uploaded.
As in the other software that I mentioned earlier, when pressing "rec" the cue playback starts and a next button is enabled to launch the next track.
I have noticed that Proppex did not invent anything new here. The most expensive software in the industry works the same way. To name a few Zetta, Myriad, PlayoutOne.

What we have here as segue editor 3, actually in other software it was thought for voicetracks.

All these softwares work in the same way. extreain the first 10 seconds and the last 10 of a song. They send them in low quality so that the announcer can talk about them.

When rec is pressed, the preview starts. Then the announcer can speak according to the tone of the subject, at the necessary moment. "The voice is in a tone according to the background music" With this it is possible to create a "live effect".

A local implementation of this would be a good start for now

1619894438237.png

Last edited:
Back