Media Library hosted on Cloud server

iporadio

Is there a way to connect to a remote music library on a server? Obviously this would have to be a speedy server and a very fast connection. If not could you make this an option?  We have had very little issues with radio boss and appreciate the updates we have asked for in the past.
Thank you
Nate
iporadio.com 

You can change the music library folder in Settings->General->Music library folder. The folder can be set to be a network drive, or Dropbox folder.

I guess is what I mean is if all our media is hosted on a cloud server can we still assign the media library to that server over the internet?

iporadio said:
I guess is what I mean is if all our media is hosted on a cloud server can we still assign the media library to that server over the internet?
Do you mean add audio tracks that are hosted on a remote server? IT will be possible if your cloud hosting offers something like virtualdisk or network drive, then it can be used by RadioBOSS.

I was more looking for being able to link something like the media folder on centova cast. So it would need to be an IP address with Port # then verify  username password. Probably a bit too much work to make happen. I was just thinking from my end that would make things a bit easier as for now we have 2 servers. 1 has media and radio boss the other has media and an auto dj.

iporadio said:
I was more looking for being able to link something like the media folder on centova cast. So it would need to be an IP address with Port # then verify  username password. Probably a bit too much work to make happen. I was just thinking from my end that would make things a bit easier as for now we have 2 servers. 1 has media and radio boss the other has media and an auto dj.
If both servers are in a local network, then simply create a shared network folder (right-click on a folder, Properties, Sharing). If servers are physically far away from each other, set up VPN, and then create shared network folder. When you have shared network folders, you can use them in RadioBOSS like any other folder. For convenience, you can use the "Map network drive" feature to connect shared folder as a drive.

Back