RadioBOSS 4.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I restored Windows from a date when RB 4.7.0.8 worked with Line IN.
I reinstalled drivers for soundcard.
I installed RB 4.7.0.10 over 4.7.0.8 and now Windows Mixer works with RB.

BUT I have the same situation. Line.IN duration doesn't work. Line.IN plays forever.
Windows XP is very difficult for RB.

Attachments

• linein_duration.jpg
    linein_duration.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 534
Right now I work hard to move back RB to Windows 7. Other PC, other soundcards. In Windows 7 Line.IN plays well duration. Hope to do not have other problems.

pety said:
I restored Windows from a date when RB 4.7.0.8 worked with Line IN.
I reinstalled drivers for soundcard.
I installed RB 4.7.0.10 over 4.7.0.8 and now Windows Mixer works with RB.

BUT I have the same situation. Line.IN duration doesn't work. Line.IN plays forever.
Windows XP is very difficult for RB.
It seems the problem is narrowed down :) The duration doesn't work correct on Windows XP when you use "Windows Mixer Control". This will be fixed in the next update. I'm sorry that this bug took that much time to fix :)

pety said:
Right now I work hard to move back RB to Windows 7. Other PC, other soundcards. In Windows 7 Line.IN plays well duration. Hope to do not have other problems.
Using Windows 7 is a good idea, but Windows XP should work fine too.

I moved back to Windows 7, becouse duration for Line.IN didn't work in XP. I'll try RB for XP at my home and I tell you about that.

pety said:
I moved back to Windows 7, becouse duration for Line.IN didn't work in XP. I'll try RB for XP at my home and I tell you about that.
Please wait for the next version. There will be fix for Line.In to work on any system.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Please wait for the next version. There will be fix for Line.In to work on any system.
I'll keep the computer with XP ready for tests but I had to move back at Win7, becouse I am the only one PC technical expert, and I worked hard for a month with RB. I had a lot of problems with time PC in Win 7, now Line.IN in XP and my radio co-workers need a stable version of RB. The main goal is a functional radio.

So, I'll keep XP in standby for you (RVE is Live from 1997, 24/7 - It cannot wait for me).

In Windows 7 Line.IN has a delay by 1-2 seconds. In Windows XP no delay. Interesting!

I talked with our sound engineer. He said that it would be great for us (and for every RB buyer) to have a list from you with standard hardware requirements wich works with RB.

RB under Windows 7 freeze in the same way like in Win XP.

RB plays 24 hours a day. RB is in a LAN with 12 productions PC. From that PC's are transfered files (any time). That is happening 8-12 hours a day (every week-day).

My guess about freeze is that the Refresh module from RB is too stressed.

Not sure if this has been reported but in the Playlist Generator, if the Track source is a playlist then it must be an M3U file.  Playlists with an M3U8 extension result in an error when generating a playlist (Base is shown as containing 0 files).

About RB bugs (my impressions about RB with XP or Seven in that conditions wich RB is used as Main Player, Main Radio Automation Software 24/7).

In windows XP RB behaves more stable than in Windows 7. My feeling is that calculate time in Main playlist is more accurate. Remote control of RB in XP is fastest and more stable.

In Win 7 becouse of Aero Style RB creashed two times. I set  W7 to Basic Theme for acceptable Remote control. The sensation in W7 is that RB has an quirky behaviour. Sometimes it doesn't know to find a music/track from playlist.

I never had problems with RB wich plays all the time for an Internet Radio Station (DWG for example). But in hard conditions (terrestrial radio station) we see it's limits. It becomes unstable, unforeseeable. What means hard conditions? Means:
  • Live,
  • Comercials
  • Promo
  • Announcement
  • Start / Stop in any moment
  • Multiple File Types with different time and level of fading (here must be a better algoritm for calculate start time, becouse how it works now is not good at all)
  • Exact/accurate calculate start time
  • Line.IN - in 24 hours we have 15 short or medium time for national News from RRA (3min, 5min, 10min, 15min and 30min). In Win XP doesn't work at all. Line.IN comes at sharp time but it never OUT - plays forever until the next event.
  • RB becomes "tired" after 2-3 days of continue hard work
There are many other things to say, but my poor english doesn't help me.
I say all that not for criticism, but to help for imrovements.

Update:
  • With some soundcard RB has a bad time delay

In Temp playlist persist NO calculate time for tracks added...
That demonstrates the weakness of calculate start time module from RB

Attachments

• tracks_no time.jpg
    tracks_no time.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 631
dashford said:
Not sure if this has been reported but in the Playlist Generator, if the Track source is a playlist then it must be an M3U file.  Playlists with an M3U8 extension result in an error when generating a playlist (Base is shown as containing 0 files).
This will be fixed, thanks for reporting.

pety said:
In windows XP RB behaves more stable than in Windows 7. My feeling is that calculate time in Main playlist is more accurate. Remote control of RB in XP is fastest and more stable.
Stability and "start time calculation" are 2 completely different things. Start time is an information field and no one promised that it will be 100% accurate. It's just to estimate when track will be aired.

Remote control depends on only one thing: speed of your internet connection. The problems start to happen if the connection is slow. This has nothing to do with RB.

pety said:
In Win 7 becouse of Aero Style RB creashed two times. I set  W7 to Basic Theme for acceptable Remote control.
Event if it's crashed (was there any error message?) it's not because of Aero effects. It's tested on Windows 7 and Vista machines with and without Aero and it's absolutely stable.
It is something else.

pety said:
The sensation in W7 is that RB has an quirky behaviour. Sometimes it doesn't know to find a music/track from playlist.
How can't it find a track? Does it show a "error code 2 - file not found" error?

pety said:
I never had problems with RB wich plays all the time for an Internet Radio Station (DWG for example). But in hard conditions (terrestrial radio station) we see it's limits. It becomes unstable, unforeseeable. What means hard conditions? Means:
How does terrestrial broadcasting different from internet? It doesn't matter for program where the signal goes after playback...

pety said:
  • Live,
  • Comercials
  • Promo
  • Announcement
Do you mean scheduler fails to play those events?

pety said:
  • Start / Stop in any moment
Program stops and starts by itself with no reason? I can assure you, it's technically impossible.

pety said:
  • Multiple File Types with different time and level of fading (here must be a better algoritm for calculate start time, becouse how it works now is not good at all)
  • Exact/accurate calculate start time
This will be improved in the future.

pety said:
  • Line.IN - in 24 hours we have 15 short or medium time for national News from RRA (3min, 5min, 10min, 15min and 30min). In Win XP doesn't work at all. Line.IN comes at sharp time but it never OUT - plays forever until the next event.
I said already that it's a bug of a beta version. In the next update it will be fixed.

pety said:
  • RB becomes "tired" after 2-3 days of continue hard work
It can happen if you run it on a virtual server (eg VPS) which is by itself is not stable. On a clean Windows installations it can work for infinite time... Please see the picture - 1100 hours (~45 days), and I'm sure it won't crash ever...

pety said:
  • With some soundcard RB has a bad time delay
On Windows 7 you should use "WASAPI" driver in the settings. This will significantly reduce delay. On modern computers it can be 10-20ms. If your card is ASIO capable, the latence could be even lower.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 594
RB Team, thanks for help and improvements.

Sorry for my english, I didn't make myself clear. I hope that I can capture in real time RB crash. In fact I sent pictures with RB freezed. AFter that the only one solution was stop it from Task Manager. This is REAL. I know it doesn't sound well, but RB crash and freeze many times. Not my foult becouse that happened. Good luck to fix all problems.

I didn't send a lot of "Bug report..." becouse RB crashed in LIVE. My first problem in that moment is to have radio ON AIR. Make sense?

pety said:

Sorry for my english, I didn't make myself clear. I hope that I can capture in real time RB crash. In fact I sent pictures with RB freezed. AFter that the only one solution was stop it from Task Manager. This is REAL. I know it doesn't sound well, but RB crash and freeze many times. Not my foult becouse that happened. Good luck to fix all problems.

Pety is right. This happened to me this morning. RadioBoss crashed and the restart application botton didn't work. I had to go to task manager to quite it. I am using windows 7. I never had this problem in XP.

NounosSon said:
pety said:

Pety is right. This happened to me this morning. RadioBoss crashed and the restart application botton didn't work. I had to go to task manager to quite it. I am using windows 7. I never had this problem in XP.
Are you using Line.In or Microphone with "Windows Mixer Control" driver? Some tests show that this could bring some problems. Also please check that you're using the latest beat version.

pety said:
I didn't send a lot of "Bug report..." becouse RB crashed in LIVE. My first problem in that moment is to have radio ON AIR. Make sense?
The "Restart in case program hangs..." option should handle this.
Also, not every window with "Send bug report..." is actually a crash. The beta version has paranoid error checking, so it could pop those windows for situations like "File not found" sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back