RadioBOSS 4.7 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said RB freeze not only click F1 in the File explorer, but that happens when transfer multiple files (tracks/mp3's) from Production's PC. Refresh module of RB cannot handle with this

pety said:
As I said RB freeze not only click F1 in the File explorer, but that happens when transfer multiple files (tracks/mp3's) from Production's PC. Refresh module of RB cannot handle with this
It happened without F1 too, I know. It's all fixed, I haven't seen any freeze during the last 2 days.

djsoft said:
pety said:
It happened without F1 too, I know. It's all fixed, I haven't seen any freeze during the last 2 days.
Very, very good. I am waiting for the next version :)

Here it goes.

RadioBOSS 4.7.0.12: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.7_beta.exe [Release Candidate]
- Improved stability
- Segue Editor can save settings for current playlist only (Track info is not modified)
- Segue Editor bugs fixed
- Playlist Generator bugs fixed
- "Start time" calculation bugs fixed

I can see that you solved problems with "Calculate Start time..." in Temp Playlist. Excelent!

pety said:
I can see that you solved problems with "Calculate Start time..." in Temp Playlist. Excelent!
Yes... Now I hope that all start-time related bugs are gone :)

RadioBOSS becomes better and better. If it will have syncronization betwen real time and playlist it will be number one in Radio Automation Software area. I know RadioBOSS will be number ONE. :)

radium98 said:
pety sorry for that but  RadioBOSS IS number ONE.
I am glad that for you it is number ONE.
It is your preference. For me it is not yet number one. It will be after syncronization.

I want you to know that I used Megamix, Radiocube (both licensed) and Jazzler but I do prefer none of them.

I use RadioBOSS, becouse is one of the best. I already implemented it at two radio stations and I want to do that for many others too.

I want syncronization becouse that is asked by our radio station needs (and for other stations too is very important syncronization).

pety do you mean synchronization after computer was turned off because of power outage? It's a very rare thing, at least here in Russia - 1-2 times a year they power off for 10-15 minutes - it's covered by UPS.
Thus, the bad side of this feature is: it's not really needed (at least from my perspective), but pretty hard to implement... So I'm not sure if it will appear in the near future. There are many other and important things to do.

djsoft said:
pety do you mean synchronization after computer was turned off because of power outage? It's a very rare thing, at least here in Russia - 1-2 times a year they power off for 10-15 minutes - it's covered by UPS.
Thus, the bad side of this feature is: it's not really needed (at least from my perspective), but pretty hard to implement... So I'm not sure if it will appear in the near future. There are many other and important things to do.
It is very important for us, that is what you must know. The old software we had called "Wings" had syncronization implemented. It worked under Win 3.1, 95 and 98 and is very old software (anyway it emulated DOS). We couldn't afford to buy Wings from 2010. No one software can win against it.

For me exist only Wings and RadioBOSS. I am very sorry to hear that is very hard for you to implement syncronization (you said that you know how to do it).

I know how to implement it, but I'm not sure it will give much benefit to a program.
How often do you have power outage to deal with it?

djsoft said:
I know how to implement it, but I'm not sure it will give much benefit to a program.
How often do you have power outage to deal with it?
Many times. In our neighborhood there are a lot of new buildings construction. They stop electric power particularly summer time. In storms sometimes.

RadioBoss frozed again. It did this in 7.10 and 7.11 too. I never had this problem in xp. :(

Attachments

• RB 7.12 FREEZE.png
    RB 7.12 FREEZE.png
    113.6 KB · Views: 642
NounosSon said:
RadioBoss frozed again. It did this in 7.10 and 7.11 too. I never had this problem in xp. :(
How much time did it work before freeze?
Do you use any plugins?
What did you do before that happened?

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
Do you use any plugins?
I installed 7.12 and after a day it frozed. I do have the stereo tool dsp plug in enabled. A window popped up saying "do you want to restart RadioBoss, exit it, or send error report?" I couldn't click any of them. It was completely frozen. I had to use task manager to quite it. It allows freezes right at the beginning of a song.

NounosSon said:
djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
Do you use any plugins?
I installed 7.12 and after a day it frozed. I do have the stereo tool dsp plug in enabled. A window popped up saying "do you want to restart RadioBoss, exit it, or send error report?" I couldn't click any of them. It was completely frozen. I had to use task manager to quite it. It allows freezes right at the beginning of a song.
Can you try using it without StereoTool, so we'll narrow down the problem.
And what version of StereoTool are you using - Winamp DSP or VST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back