RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlmmn said:
I noticed the incorrect "next run" time in scheduler.
Can you please give more information on this - what was the time at the moment and why do you think that start time is incorrect? If it's about ":02" second (while it should be :01) then it's due to number rounding while calculations...

djsoft said:
mlmmn said:
I noticed the incorrect "next run" time in scheduler.
Can you please give more information on this - what was the time at the moment and why do you think that start time is incorrect? If it's about ":02" second (while it should be :01) then it's due to number rounding while calculations...

I took the screenshot at about 10 a.m. I know that its start time is incorrect since i want this particular task to start after a TOH @ :00 but before an event "Logotyp" which begins @ :02. See attached screen(s) that "Szlachetna Paczka" runs after a "Logotyp". I don't get what rounding are you talking about since we're adding an integer (30 mins in my case) after each repeat  ???

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.jpg
    Przechwytywanie.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 509
  • Przechwytywanie2.PNG
    Przechwytywanie2.PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 476
mlmmn said:
I took the screenshot at about 10 a.m. I know that its start time is incorrect since i want this particular task to start after a TOH @ :00 but before an event "Logotyp" which begins @ :02. See attached screen(s) that "Szlachetna Paczka" runs after a "Logotyp". I don't get what rounding are you talking about since we're adding an integer (30 mins in my case) after each repeat  ???
Internally those numbers are not integers, therefore rounding. You can try starting "Logotyp" event @:03 to overcome this problem.

Hello Dmitry, here's a list of bugs still present in RB 5.0.0.4:
1- When the volume of the auxiliary players is below 100 % and changing tracks , this started at 100% until the control is moved .
2- I have again problem with audio bars . use 35 % of the width of the panel . the previous time with switch profile is solved , but now does not work.
3- " Send text to the server default " still does not work yet with TXT .
4- Using the api there is a small problem that two songs appear in "Bold" in the playlist RadioBOSS . I can not confirm yet as to reproduce the error , but I happened several times.
5- Additional commands already implemented in the API , I was surprised that this was not published :
  * When the track the air moves (at least from the api) , the info of " track number in the air" is not    updated.
  * Regarding the Intros , I can help with the calculation to convert the seconds to " Min: Sec "? ( as shown in the playlist of RB).
  * Since not the addition of these commands to the api was announced , my next question arises : as a command is added to obtain the full list.
6- To calculate remaining time api, works great now!
7-According to my internal test server internal RB, is less lost packet shoutcast / icecast (at least with one client). :eek:
Are there plans to add support for metadata?

wutzthedeal said:
All I got was this from "tube.us-east.spreaker.com:443" (or port 80): ICY 404 Not Found
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Connection: Close

Spreaker.com has many thousands of mount points all on the same port. Spread over many icecast servers that are selected by a load balancer. The mount points are the Show (or 'Collection' as they call them) ID number.  They don't allow direct access to the icecast admin stats.

Broadcasting on port 443 is usually a better choice than port 80 because many ISP's compress port 80 which tends to wreak havoc with icecast streams.  Most ISP's don't compress port 443.

wutzthedeal said:
Ok, did run it to line 2 (the main output).  That DID sync the music, however, if I was listening to the output from within RB, an echo plays through.  If I DON'T listen (have the volume in RB at the bottom right of the playlist turned all the way down) it plays fine.  So you're saying maybe next I should add a third line in, then run Line 3 to Line 1 and see if the echo goes away?  Then put main output to Line 3?
You can keep the volume in RB at zero and add Repeater to route Line2 to the real sound card - this way you'll listen what is playing in RB.
[/quote]
Wish I understood that, Dmitry!  Don't sweat it, bro; I can get along for now.  Going after other beta now.  I have also found that on slower systems/connections WASAPI will create popping/static sounds regardless of buffer settings, going to keep it all at DS.

wutzthedeal said:
I have also found that on slower systems/connections WASAPI will create popping/static sounds regardless of buffer settings, going to keep it all at DS.
On Windows 7 (Vista, 8) DS internally works through WASAPI - so switching to DS would not make any difference. Increasing WASAPI buffer size to 500ms will work on any system.

Also playback is not affected by connection speed. Fast, slow, no connection - doesn't matter.

From the problems you're describing here and in other topics, I think it's a problem with your PC, eg some software (most likely, antivirus) produces problems.

nelson c said:
2- I have again problem with audio bars . use 35 % of the width of the panel . the previous time with switch profile is solved , but now does not work.
----
* When the track the air moves (at least from the api) , the info of " track number in the air" is not    updated.
Please provide more info on the issues.

nelson c said:
  * Since not the addition of these commands to the api was announced , my next question arises : as a command is added to obtain the full list.
This will be added in later updates - RB 5.0.x.

nelson c said:
7-According to my internal test server internal RB, is less lost packet shoutcast / icecast (at least with one client). :eek:
Not yet... Probably in the future. It will require a lot of changes to protocol.

Trying to figure out exactly what was updated in 5.0.0.4; when you do beta updates, do you just "add" on the new changes to the existing list of changes at the beginning of the beta thread?  Or is there a separate place that shows version changes more specifically per version?  Going to test now; will update.

wutzthedeal said:
Trying to figure out exactly what was updated in 5.0.0.4; when you do beta updates, do you just "add" on the new changes to the existing list of changes at the beginning of the beta thread?  Or is there a separate place that shows version changes more specifically per version?  Going to test now; will update.
The changes are mentioned in the post when an updated version is released, like this: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3543.msg13827.html#msg13827
A detailed list of changes is not published. Each beta version update contains ~20-30 bug fixes or improvements.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
----
Please provide more info on the issues.

nelson c said:
This will be added in later updates - RB 5.0.x.

nelson c said:
Not yet... Probably in the future. It will require a lot of changes to protocol.

There's not much to explain, I have a 20 "monitor (1920x1080)
Since installing this monitor is the second time this error happens.
here a link where this problem commented above.
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3459.msg12905.html#msg12905

Regarding the problem of the api, the problem begins when the position of the track is in the air, since the api is changed.
the current track number command, continues to report to the api that the "track number in the list" is what I had before moving.
The same problem also occurs for example if a track is moved to a position before the air track (always from the api)

I also realized that there is a problem with the resolution of a netbook in the left pane:
It is impossible to see the log (and therefore change its size), and inclusive event buttons (now run, edit) is cut.

Hi I am using a older verion radioboss and noticed that new ones dont have CPU usage listed like old one I have. I got it as a trial off a site and am wondering why that no longer in newer versions? If is how do I activate it as that feature is nice I think to watch usage. And if not in program is it possible can be added back and sorry if I am posting this wrong place.

Thanks

nelson c said:
I think a couple of screenshots and will help here. I've tried it on a 27" 1920x1080 monitor and everything seems working as it should...

nelson c said:
Regarding the problem of the api, the problem begins when the position of the track is in the air, since the api is changed.
the current track number command, continues to report to the api that the "track number in the list" is what I had before moving.
The same problem also occurs for example if a track is moved to a position before the air track (always from the api)
Can you please give a sequence of commands which leads to an error?

nelson c said:
I also realized that there is a problem with the resolution of a netbook in the left pane:
It is impossible to see the log (and therefore change its size), and inclusive event buttons (now run, edit) is cut.
Please send a screenshot of the problem.

Andrew Wood said:
Hi I am using a older verion radioboss and noticed that new ones dont have CPU usage listed like old one I have. I got it as a trial off a site and am wondering why that no longer in newer versions? If is how do I activate it as that feature is nice I think to watch usage. And if not in program is it possible can be added back and sorry if I am posting this wrong place.
Yes, it was removed and won't be added back (some people misunderstand the meaning of it and send complains to support). You can see it in the Debug Window if you like: click Ctrl+D to open it.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I think a couple of screenshots and will help here. I've tried it on a 27" 1920x1080 monitor and everything seems working as it should...

nelson c said:
Can you please give a sequence of commands which leads to an error?

nelson c said:
Please send a screenshot of the problem.

Andrew Wood said:
Yes, it was removed and won't be added back (some people misunderstand the meaning of it and send complains to support). You can see it in the Debug Window if you like: click Ctrl+D to open it.
Errors in current track number:
-The above mentioned error occurs using the api command "Move", if this command causes the position of the track to move the air, this causes the number of the current track is misinformed.
-when RadioBOSS, another tab is not active this command is reported.

Once RadioBOSS also tried on a monitor 32 "and it worked well too.
this error is strange, it happened a while ago and I could fix by changing the profile.
but now appeared again (when changing a sound card) and now will not leave.
Even try to reuse the other plate and this continues.
atached screenshot.

also there was an error changing the size of the program.
attached report

-Regarding the improvement in file types, "No previous track to mix file type":
* I have to say that now works much better than before, but still think it is possible a small improvement!:
Currently, although the mixture disables the seconds of audio that are below the limit for the "Trim silence" are eliminated and this is not all good.
I think that if there can be overlap with the "File type that begins," as they are very soft sounds (they are below the cutoff of silence), and its elimination gives the feeling that the playback is stopped to start another track .
* When a jingle is inserted from the scheduler in the following position to the current, this feature does not work.
(I think it is because the mixture was analyzed points just before playback), it would be good to change this behavior. Follow Editor also because has the same problem.

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    391.4 KB · Views: 497
  • bugreport_20131127-153114.txt
    36.2 KB · Views: 397
atached screenshot of my netbook

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 486
  • Sin t?tulo2.png
    Sin t?tulo2.png
    104.3 KB · Views: 511
  • Sin t?tulo3.png
    Sin t?tulo3.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 504
nelson c said:
Errors in current track number:
-The above mentioned error occurs using the api command "Move", if this command causes the position of the track to move the air, this causes the number of the current track is misinformed.
-when RadioBOSS, another tab is not active this command is reported.
OK, this will be fixed.

nelson c said:
Once RadioBOSS also tried on a monitor 32 "and it worked well too.
this error is strange, it happened a while ago and I could fix by changing the profile.
but now appeared again (when changing a sound card) and now will not leave.
Even try to reuse the other plate and this continues.
atached screenshot.
That's something odd at the screenshot. Somtimes things like this happen when you have Web browser tabs. Try removing them and see if this continues to happen.

nelson c said:
also there was an error changing the size of the program.
attached report
Thank you!

nelson c said:
-Regarding the improvement in file types, "No previous track to mix file type":
* I have to say that now works much better than before, but still think it is possible a small improvement!:
Currently, although the mixture disables the seconds of audio that are below the limit for the "Trim silence" are eliminated and this is not all good.
I think that if there can be overlap with the "File type that begins," as they are very soft sounds (they are below the cutoff of silence), and its elimination gives the feeling that the playback is stopped to start another track .
Interesting. I think that can be changes as well. Please wait for the new version.

nelson c said:
* When a jingle is inserted from the scheduler in the following position to the current, this feature does not work.
(I think it is because the mixture was analyzed points just before playback), it would be good to change this behavior. Follow Editor also because has the same problem.
Correct. This will be fixed as well (may be in future versions).

nelson c said:
atached screenshot of my netbook
It has very low vertical resolution (600), that's why RB's window can't fit there... I'm not sure if this can be fixed.

If I agree that the resolution is very bad, but it is common in all netbook.
I just found an "alternative" to solve the problem:
Hiding the taskbar, could "shrink the size of the log", save the profile and then put the taskbar back.

Regarding the problem with the panel:
Soon to have formatting to that PC, the whole profile will be imported.
I think that will solve the problem.

PS: Remove the tabs on browsers not work

RadioBOSS turns off after _several_ days of non-stop usage (dunno exact period) saying that the trial has ended. Is this normal? We're using the 5.0.0.4 beta with the beta key.

I have discovered as causing the problem from the api, which cause to be displayed in the list are two tracks playing simultaneously.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1 - Queque Mode enabled (not sure if this influences)
2 - Using the command "Move" API: move the air track down and and NEXT to the position of the one in the air.
3 - Press the Api command "Play" + the number of the track that moved (which was before the track below the air but now this before.).

For example:
Number of Track-air (on the list): 2
From the api:
- Move "Position 3" "Position 2" (Now the air track will be in third place in the list)
- "Play 2"

Track error in RadioBOSS air occurs (see screenshot).

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 525
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back