RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave-t said:
You may want to have this "optional" and set in the setting as I can see that some stations may not want to display the info by default.. ;)
It will be optional - just a tab (like cart wall, AUX playlist) that can be added.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
For now I still see problems in the remaining time of the track into the air from the api.
It is always greater than the real.
I think this is because it does not take into account the cut silences.
Strange, I've just tested it and it takes into account Gap Killer or Track Tool's "End" marker. May be it's a display bug in your software? Try running the "playbackinfo" command in the browser and compare the duration with the one displayed in RadioBOSS.
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
-<Info> -<CurrentTrack> <TRACK PLAYCOUNT="17" DURATION="03:59" FILENAME="D:\Mis Documentos\Mis documentos Nelson\Mi musica\alicia keys - no one(2)203.mp3" COMMENT="" GENRE="R&B" YEAR="2007" ALBUM="As I Am" TITLE="No One" ARTIST="Alicia Keys"/> </CurrentTrack> -<NextTrack> <TRACK PLAYCOUNT="67" DURATION="02:36" FILENAME="D:\Mis Documentos\Mis documentos Nelson\Mi musica\Babasonicos- Irresponsables.mp3" COMMENT="" GENRE="" YEAR="" ALBUM="" TITLE="Irresponsables" ARTIST="Babasonicos"/> </NextTrack> <Playback state="play" len="250096" pos="5826"/> </Info>

From just a quick test, clearly there is an error in len, exemplary Do a test:
See the result of the api
The duration is 3:59 according to the item "CurrentTrack", the len = 250096 which is converted to minutes: 4.10...

nelson c said:
What I expect from RB 5.0:
1-which is sent to coders should be the same as the txt.
2-Improved feature "Do not mix this type of file"
3-see track number and time intro from api
4- Reported errors by email

No priority but I would like to:
1 - Cut Silence from overlay player
2 - bed for file types will be for sure
All of this will be done in the 5.0 release. The Gap Killer for overlay player has been turned off in one of the previous releases - I'm not sure what the reason was...
Perfect I can not wait for the final version of RB 5!

nelson c said:
The duration is 3:59 according to the item "CurrentTrack", the len = 250096 which is converted to minutes: 4.10...
Sorry - my mistake. The correct duration  was in CurrentTrack, but "len" in the PlaybackInfo was wrong. It will be fixed in the next update.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Sorry - my mistake. The correct duration  was in CurrentTrack, but "len" in the PlaybackInfo was wrong. It will be fixed in the next update.
Perfect, no problem. :)
Glad you resolved soon!.
Remember that a point "End" on Track Tool must be considered to inform the time len.

djsoft said:
...As well as a command to get the playlist contents.
I was remembering what you wrote here.
You refer to a command, which is obtained with all the complete play list?

Currently I use the command "trackinfo" for the list.
But for example to get the top 20 songs in the list, the command is executed 20 times.
When working from the local network, everything works perfect. but from internet the program hangs a few seconds while performing all requests.
What you said: A single command to get the list, I think a great idea.
Anyway it would be good to put a limit to the number of tracks that shows this command:
for example does not have to bring from the metadata api 1000 songs that can be on the list, with the first 50 (for example) would be sufficient.

Another thing:
Attached locutions of time for Spanish users.

Attachments

• Spanish.rar
    2.6 MB · Views: 384
About to see if I still have connection issues; show in 12 mins.  I'll update this if so.  Also, any idea on my last post?  And what are the chances we could get independent volume control for cartwall items as well as fade options there?

nelson c said:
When working from the local network, everything works perfect. but from internet the program hangs a few seconds while performing all requests.
What you said: A single command to get the list, I think a great idea.
Anyway it would be good to put a limit to the number of tracks that shows this command:
for example does not have to bring from the metadata api 1000 songs that can be on the list, with the first 50 (for example) would be sufficient.
I don't think a limit is necessary. A playlist of 1000 tracks will require only about 150KB data transfer - with today's network speeds, it's nothing.

nelson c said:
Another thing:
Attached locutions of time for Spanish users.
Thanks! It will be published on the web site soon.

wutzthedeal said:
About to see if I still have connection issues; show in 12 mins.  I'll update this if so.  Also, any idea on my last post?  And what are the chances we could get independent volume control for cartwall items as well as fade options there?
Regarding connection issues, have you tried accessing Icecast Status page as I wrote before? Also I'd advise you to contact Spreaker support and ask them to check the logs - this will likely give us the cause on why it's disconnecting.

Regarding the cart wall, the fades and volume control are planned for the future.

RadioBOSS 5.0.0.4: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.4_beta.exe

Changes:
- All reported bugs were fixed
- Several minor UI improvements
- AUX player has a simple fade in/fade out feature (activated through settings)

wutzthedeal
To get to the Icecast page: assume the IP you're using to connect to the server is 12.34.56.78 and port is 8000. To access Icecast status page, in the web browser enter http://12.34.56.78:8000 - you'll see the Icecast page and from there you can see whart sources are connected and other info.
Instead of an IP you can have an address, so to visit the status page enter http://server.example.com:8000.
From the error messages you've posted the issues are not strange at all - the reason is quite obvious: another source is already connected to the server.
[/quote]

All I got was this from "tube.us-east.spreaker.com:443" (or port 80): ICY 404 Not Found
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
Connection: Close

Yet I just did a show, so... not sure.

Anyway, it's working here lately so I'm HOPING it was just a spreaker thing.  One issue: as you know, my cartwall, music, and voice were not in sync.  You advised running the cart stuff through the same VAC line as voice which I did and it worked to sync up with my voice.  The only problem is that now the actual music itself will go out of sync with my voice, and I don't think I can run "main output" through Line2 VAC to fix that without creating a loop.  For reference, I'm running "Mic to Line 1," "Line 2 to Line 1," "Line 2 to headset," with mic input in RB set to "Line 1" DS.  (Line 2, for reference, is also what GVoice/Skype are set to for output).  As is stands now, I have cart output also to Line 2.

wutzthedeal said:
All I got was this from "tube.us-east.spreaker.com:443" (or port 80): ICY 404 Not Found
Well, maybe they've disabled stream status page for some reason. The only way to bring line on those connection issues is to ask them to check server logs. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do on RB's side. At least I can assure you that it's 100% compatible with any Icecast version. And if it can't connect - the problem is outside of RadioBOSS.

wutzthedeal said:
with my voice, and I don't think I can run "main output" through Line2 VAC to fix that without creating a loop.  For reference, I'm running "Mic to Line 1," "Line 2 to Line 1," "Line 2 to headset," with mic input in RB set to "Line 1" DS.  (Line 2, for reference, is also what GVoice/Skype are set to for output).  As is stands now, I have cart output also to Line 2.
The setup is a bit complicated. Probably the sync issues happen bacause of VAC and repeaters. You may try routing the main out to Line2 to see the results. You can also try adding one more VAC for RB's main output.

Fade IN/OUT doesn't work in AUX player.  ???

Attachments

• _noFade_IN_OUT_in_AUX.jpg
    _noFade_IN_OUT_in_AUX.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 547
pety said:
Fade IN/OUT doesn't work in AUX player.  ???
AUX player still doesn't go automatically to the next track, but fade in/out is applied for the playing track. It uses the general Music crossfading settings.

djsoft said:
wutzthedeal said:
Well, maybe they've disabled stream status page for some reason. The only way to bring line on those connection issues is to ask them to check server logs. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do on RB's side. At least I can assure you that it's 100% compatible with any Icecast version. And if it can't connect - the problem is outside of RadioBOSS.

wutzthedeal said:
with my voice, and I don't think I can run "main output" through Line2 VAC to fix that without creating a loop.  For reference, I'm running "Mic to Line 1," "Line 2 to Line 1," "Line 2 to headset," with mic input in RB set to "Line 1" DS.  (Line 2, for reference, is also what GVoice/Skype are set to for output).  As is stands now, I have cart output also to Line 2.
The setup is a bit complicated. Probably the sync issues happen bacause of VAC and repeaters. You may try routing the main out to Line2 to see the results. You can also try adding one more VAC for RB's main output.

Thank you for all help above; will report back with results later, and once all VAC routing/timing is correct, I'll post a fully detailed setup for taking GV/Skype calls w/RB. 

Hi,
Software execution times I have to report that a small mp3 file "vocal intervention" is not played and brings me back prevents this error: "uneable to play! Error code 41 unsopported format) but the file nThe other player feels great. Because I am attaching a sample can test what I wrote.

Attachments

• sa2.mp3
    1.9 MB · Views: 418
wutzthedeal said:
[/quote]

Ok, did run it to line 2 (the main output).  That DID sync the music, however, if I was listening to the output from within RB, an echo plays through.  If I DON'T listen (have the volume in RB at the bottom right of the playlist turned all the way down) it plays fine.  So you're saying maybe next I should add a third line in, then run Line 3 to Line 1 and see if the echo goes away?  Then put main output to Line 3?

Just installed the Beta and noticed a problem, When radioboss plays the URL link to FSN News it plays it double speed for some reason so instead of playing for the usual 3 minutes it plays it in 1 minute 30 seconds, But on the 4.9 version it plays fine. Do you think this is a bug with the beta or have i missed something?

southsound said:
Just installed the Beta and noticed a problem, When radioboss plays the URL link to FSN News it plays it double speed for some reason so instead of playing for the usual 3 minutes it plays it in 1 minute 30 seconds, But on the 4.9 version it plays fine. Do you think this is a bug with the beta or have i missed something?
Can you please send a link to the news stream (if you don't like to publish it here, you can send it to support@djsoft.net) - we'll test it.

Bensisko said:
Hello,
with the installation of version 5.004 RadioBOSS everything started to work regularly. thanks
Thanks for the update in the issue!

wutzthedeal said:
Ok, did run it to line 2 (the main output).  That DID sync the music, however, if I was listening to the output from within RB, an echo plays through.  If I DON'T listen (have the volume in RB at the bottom right of the playlist turned all the way down) it plays fine.  So you're saying maybe next I should add a third line in, then run Line 3 to Line 1 and see if the echo goes away?  Then put main output to Line 3?
You can keep the volume in RB at zero and add Repeater to route Line2 to the real sound card - this way you'll listen what is playing in RB.

I noticed the incorrect "next run" time in scheduler.

Attachments

• Przechwytywanie.PNG
    Przechwytywanie.PNG
    203.9 KB · Views: 569
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back