RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After RadioBoss restart prelisten works... it looks very poor...

Explorer still doesn't work.

Attachments

• _prelisten.jpg
    _prelisten.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 596
pety said:
Explorer doesn't work...
FALSE ALARM !
Explorer works.

Comodo Internet Security block RB access to partitions and internet.
Auto-Sandbox and HIPS limits RB.

Sory for that! It's good to know for the future.

pety
There were a lot of problems caused by Comodo Internet Security... If you experience any other weird behavior, I'd consider removing this software.

djsoft said:
pety
There were a lot of problems caused by Comodo Internet Security... If you experience any other weird behavior, I'd consider removing this software.
CIS is the best free solution.
I'll think to use Avira free and Comodo Firewall.

What do you say about that?

pety said:
It's a bit of offtopic here... I prefer a different approach about security: use sandbox and integrated Windows Firewall. No antivirus software. This way the Internet browsing is completely safe (as web browsers are used inside a sandbox and no data will be modified/no virus will go to the real filesystem) plus the PC isn't being slowed down by antivirus scanner, also you won't get weird bugs like the ones you've mentioned above. Yes, use Windows under account with User rights (not Administrator/Power User).
For sandbox I strongly recommend using Sandboxie: http://www.sandboxie.com/ - this is not free, but the price is around $20/year which is a fair deal.

djsoft said:
pety said:
It's a bit of offtopic here... I prefer a different approach about security: use sandbox and integrated Windows Firewall. No antivirus software. This way the Internet browsing is completely safe (as web browsers are used inside a sandbox and no data will be modified/no virus will go to the real filesystem) plus the PC isn't being slowed down by antivirus scanner, also you won't get weird bugs like the ones you've mentioned above.
For sandbox I strongly recommend using Sandboxie: http://www.sandboxie.com/ - this is not free, but the price is around $20/year which is a fair deal.
I appreciate your advise. Thanks !

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety

Pety, have you tried using Microsoft Security Essentials? I have been using it for about a year and had no problems with it. It is a light program and hasn't interfered with RadioBoss. It has caught more virus files than Norton has. It is also FREE!

NounosSon said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety

Pety, have you tried using Microsoft Security Essentials? I have been using it for about a year and had no problems with it. It is a light program and hasn't interfered with RadioBoss. It has caught more virus files than Norton has. It is also FREE!
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks ! I'll think about that.[/font]

Bed can be Assigned for file types it works great, very useful feature!
great job :D.

Also the last error report api, disappeared :)

...More information about this error
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3543.msg13998.html#msg13998
I have playlists that contain some tracks have been removed from the disk but not yet removed from the lists.
Then playlist generator uses these lists to generate a new, but these tracks ahun are nonexistent in the final list, which played RadioBOSS.

On some occasions, when RadioBOSS is one of those tracks that no longer exist, which generates the error attached in the previous post.
although a report is generated, there is no other problem, playback continues with the next track.

The problem with the loop in the effects panel has now worsened, strange things happen when the loop is activated.
When loop is activated:
I press play an Effect -> Start playback:
1- Reproducing jingle begins at about 10% volume, barely listening (in comparison loop off)
2-  The reproduction takes a fade, a second after pressing the effect, and then stops.
3- Ofcourse you to stop playback, also repeats anything.

I have a request for easy implementation:
Select multiple tracks in the playlist and be able to clipboard copy then paste them in another folder
AIMP has this and I have just installed only this feature.
Hopefully you can implement in RadioBOSS.

With respect to the logger to report RadioBOSS not work a few days ago:
I realized that does not work when the AAC codec is selected.
With mp3 if it works.

which is why RadioBOSS not use VCL styles included in delphi? (Only ADS Scheduler)
Combobox, listview, scrollbar and they would look much better on dark skin. ;)

Attachments

• style.png
    style.png
    107.9 KB · Views: 520
djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.0.0.6: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.6_beta.exe

Changes:
- Bed can be assigned for file types
- Fade in/out for cart wall
- Added prelisten feature in File Explorer
- Overall improvements and bugs fixed

Working flawlessly; thanks for updates!  Will let you know if I see any issues.

nelson c said:
On some occasions, when RadioBOSS is one of those tracks that no longer exist, which generates the error attached in the previous post.
although a report is generated, there is no other problem, playback continues with the next track.
Thanks for the info. I've just tried using the same setup (a playlist with non-existent tracks) and there's no error. Will look deeper into it.

nelson c said:
The problem with the loop in the effects panel has now worsened, strange things happen when the loop is activated.
Yes, that's really strange. I've added it to the bugs list.

nelson c said:
I have a request for easy implementation:
Select multiple tracks in the playlist and be able to clipboard copy then paste them in another folder
AIMP has this and I have just installed only this feature.
Hopefully you can implement in RadioBOSS.
You can copy tracks from the playlist to a folder: click Playlist->Extra->Copy To Folder
In the future file operations will be improved, this is already planned for RB 5.1.

nelson c said:
which is why RadioBOSS not use VCL styles included in delphi? (Only ADS Scheduler)
Combobox, listview, scrollbar and they would look much better on dark skin. ;)
They do look better, but VCL Styles still has a lot of bugs (with controls alignment, flickering, even crashes) which makes it unusable for now.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.0.0.6: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.6_beta.exe

Changes:
- Bed can be assigned for file types
- Fade in/out for cart wall
- Added prelisten feature in File Explorer
- Overall improvements and bugs fixed

Question - how is the fade in/fade out for cart wall activated? Currently not seeing how to do this. Please advise. Here I am referring not to the cart fade out option when playing over a playlist item - I am referring to when you're just playing something off the cart in isolation (like a music bed or sound effect).

You can copy tracks from the playlist to a folder: click Playlist->Extra->Copy To Folder
Great, I had never seen :eek:

Metadata WMA files are not displayed.
example:
http://musiccarhue.com.ar/Borrar/02%20What%20Else%20is%20There-.rar

I found a bug with the Segue Editor. When I edited a session with the Segue Editor while the song in it is playing, it didn't not save.

Attachments

• RB Segue Editor Bug.png
    RB Segue Editor Bug.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 534
NounosSon said:
I found a bug with the Segue Editor. When I edited a session with the Segue Editor while the song in it is playing, it didn't not save.
Not a bug, it's a limitation of the program. :-\
I asked on several occasions that this be changed, according to Dmitry posting will be made in the future.

Anyway it works for you fine Sigue Editor?
When I use the option "Use only for current reproduction", works very badly.
more than 5 seconds between the mixture is set and it actually played.

I found the error. :D

some tracks seem to run and perform the following editor fade out and mix to an incorrect position.
for that reason you could not reproduce the error.

Here they are examples:
Configure a mixture with the following files in the attachment:
1-David Guetta - Play Hard (feat. Ne-Yo & Akon) [New Edit] (Problem file)
2-Ken Y - Navegar En Mis Recuerdos (No problem)

you will see as "Play Hard" finished ahead of schedule

Not if it's a coincidence but RadioBOSSS can not edit the metadata "Play Hard"

Files:
http://www.musiccarhue.com.ar/Borrar/Sigue%20Editor.rar

box26609 said:
Question - how is the fade in/fade out for cart wall activated?
You can change fade in/out duration from the Settings window: Playback->Fading, see the Cart wall section.

nelson c said:
Metadata WMA files are not displayed.
example:
http://musiccarhue.com.ar/Borrar/02%20What%20Else%20is%20There-.rar
Now RadioBOSS uses the integrated Windows tag reader for WMA which, sometimes, doesn't read a tag when a track is corrupted (or at least Windows thinks it's corrupted).

NounosSon said:
Yes, this is the way it works now.

nelson c said:
I found the error. :D
Good, thanks - I've added it to a list of bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back