RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
You can add an option to not read tracks and metadata based on those included in the playlist and when I add tracks from an xml read metadata from a database to load the metadata in the playlist ?.
Yes, in one of the next updates RadioBOSS will use XML playlists and will store/read all information from there, instead of reading it from tracks.
thank you very much

nelson c said:
Earlier report had trouble inserting characters with tracks like "?, ?..."  this one was a problem of RB? Follow it yet because this problem
Can you please clarify where is this problem?
Sorry.
I recently made ??a publication commented where I was having trouble inserting songs with these characters from the api to RB.
(http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3543.msg13950.html#msg13950)

You answered me that it was probable that it is a bug in RB.
(http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3543.msg13972.html#msg13972)
My question is if indeed it is a bug in RB.

I just found a problem in the inner encoder RB.
When the opus codec is used, RB does not transmit metadata.
tested with Icecast, assessment of account: RadioBOSS.fm

Thanks

Perhaps I am doing it wrong, but when I change the Playlist Columns, the settings are not applied for the next playlist-tab I create. So I have to change it always again. How can I do this?

nelson c said:
at all the problem is not in RB, you may need to open ports on a router?
You don't need to open ports in router to send e-mails. Previously you said that some services were disabled in Windows, probably that's why RB can't send e-mail.

nelson c said:
I'm not sure if OPUS supports metadata. I'll take a look at it later, if there's a bug, it'll be fixed in RB 5.0.1.

Radio Omega said:
Perhaps I am doing it wrong, but when I change the Playlist Columns, the settings are not applied for the next playlist-tab I create. So I have to change it always again. How can I do this?
Looks like a bug - thank you for reporting, will be fixed.

RadioBOSS 5.0.0.9 (Release Candidate 2): http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.9_beta.exe

Changes:
- Updated User Manual
- Ads Scheduler: now it's possible to set start and/or end hours.
- Bugs fixed

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I'm not sure if OPUS supports metadata. I'll take a look at it later, if there's a bug, it'll be fixed in RB 5.0.1.
here an example of an opus streaming with metadata, including metadata are displayed in RB. just need to send the encoding metadata.
http://dir.xiph.org/listen/905521/listen.m3u

djsoft said:
wutzthedeal said:
Keep in mind that I don't use a lot of the higher-powered stuff in RB like programming and sweepers and such; just a talk show with occasional songs/commercials.
It's still good to know that the software is good for live shows :)

Yes, it's great for live shows and ultra-reliable.  Smooth transitions, smooth operation if I have to sneak in and change settings during a broadcast, and so much flexibility with the playlist if I need a break.  You've created a masterpiece, Dmitry!  Thank you for all your hard work and feedback/interaction with us.

RadioBOSS 5.0 released: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup.exe

Big thanks for everyone who took part in the beta testing process! Most of the bugs which were reported, are fixed. The bugs which left unfixed in this release will be fixed in one of the next minor updates (RB 5.0.1, 5.0.2).

Anyone who participated in beta testing can get a discount to purchase (or update) RadioBOSS, please contact sales@djsoft.net.

We at DJSoft.Net wish anyone a happy new year!

Another problem:
in the download command, the programmer, the macros do not work.

Example
download http://musiccarhue.com.ar/Varios/notas/?mm.txt C:\Users\Nelson Casey\Documents\test.txt

Thanks

nelson c said:
Another problem:
in the download command, the programmer, the macros do not work.

Example
download http://musiccarhue.com.ar/Varios/notas/?mm.txt C:\Users\Nelson Casey\Documents\test.txt
Thanks for reporting, will be fixed in the next minor update.

4.9.1.0 crashed... again.
I send you recently another bug report about this issue.
Is it solved in 5.0.0.9 ?

Attachments

• 4.9.1.0_crash.jpg
    4.9.1.0_crash.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 553
  • bugreport_20131228-114548.txt
    18.9 KB · Views: 445
pety said:
4.9.1.0 crashed... again.
I send you recently another bug report about this issue.
Is it solved in 5.0.0.9 ?
It should be solved, but I can't tell you for sure as the bug wasn't reproduced here. In any case, I recommend using 5.0, even if this error happens again, it'll produce a different error message which will help to solve this in the next update.

It is incredible how great function sweepers (ID's).
Thanks Dmitry !

Unfortunately it is a big issue. RB breaks the sweeper to start the event.

I know that the problem will be solved. The sweepers are great :)

pety said:
Thanks Dmitry !

Uncheck the "Run scheduled launch without waiting" option in the event and it will not break the sweeper :)

djsoft said:
pety said:
Thanks Dmitry !

Uncheck the "Run scheduled launch without waiting" option in the event and it will not break the sweeper :)
That is not a good solution. If the last track goes over the bottom of the current hour then the next playlist will not start at sharp. So, Uncheck the "Run scheduled launch without waiting" option in the event is not good at all.

Songs with generation priorities lists in playlist gennerator pro, will be available in RB 5.1?
This is really very important to us :)
Thanks!

pety said:
That is not a good solution. If the last track goes over the bottom of the current hour then the next playlist will not start at sharp. So, Uncheck the "Run scheduled launch without waiting" option in the event is not good at all.
[/quote]
The next update of RB will insert sweeper more precisely. But, anyway, the sweeper end will be cut (for a fraction of second) if you use the "Run without waiting..." option.

nelson c said:
Songs with generation priorities lists in playlist gennerator pro, will be available in RB 5.1?
This is really very important to us :)
In one of the next updates, yes. Please share your ideas regarding it.

The idea of this is that most successful tracks just have higher priority and are most often in the generated lists.
there are some songs that were hits a few years ago but are now outdated and but still want broadcast it discreetly.

This is achieved by assigning priorities for each track individually from 0 to 100.
A track that has not established 50 priority default.

Then playlist generator when generating a category, if the option is enabled priorities will take into account these values ??to generate a list.
also if enabled "delete tracks beneath priority" (eg 50) tracks with that punctuation or less never appear on a list generated.

I've seen this feature in several software I've tried and I find it very useful.
In an application pety named in another post, is implemented, attach a screenshot

Attachments

• RB2.png
    RB2.png
    86.4 KB · Views: 542
  • PLG pro.png
    PLG pro.png
    14 KB · Views: 521
OK, something like this will be added in one of the future updates (and other filters as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back