RadioBOSS 5.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety said:
I don't know if it was detected this bug.
See in image. Is it a bug ?
It is a search bar. You can turn it on/off by right-clicking on a directory tree.

Hi,
I noticed this in version 5: in programming when you select Duplicate, the window that appears is not the one selected. I doing something wrong or is it a bug. Maybe someone else has pointed out?

???

For file types, do not mix after the current track produces a very rough cut of the track fades. I think the right thing would be to wait until this completely finalize and then start the next track
More details on this will be appreciated. The purpose of this feature is to not mix news/ads with the music.
Yes, I understand what the function (very useful!).
The problem is how it is implemented, which is currently the song is ending (the above to a file type with this feature enabled), are "Short" when starting a business. the effect of this is very bad, start advertising before a finaleze song.
I think you should completely disable the crossfader of the track is ending (just as they do the jingles) when this option enabled. I hope a better understanding with the image attached.

Here a audio capture where you can see how RadioBOSS "Cut" the end of a song to make way for a jingle (with a file type which is branded the option "Do not mix track for this type of file").
Again I reiterate:
The correct behavior would disable the crosfader for a song that precedes these jingles.
So no mixing will not occur, nor cutting this effect is very unprofessional

Attachments

• mix.mp3
    672.5 KB · Views: 693
  • Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    20 KB · Views: 592
I'd like to be able to move cart items around; can you add that ability? 

Also, after installing 5.0.0.2. after uninstalling 0.0, connections had no issue, but then when I started the program today to connect, it would not connect, again.  So I had to uninstall and re-install RB again. 

I'm thinking that maybe that has something to do with a backup profile I'm using, I don't know, but I don't want to lose my playlists and cart setup every time I have to reinstall.  At this point, I'm afraid to close the program!  I'll just leave it open; too nervous to close and re-open for fear I won't be able to do my next show without using the web interface for Spreaker (which is a terrible interface).

EDIT: Also would like to figure out how to remove delays.  When I broadcast live, the delay of the sound effects is less than the delay of voice, so while I'm announcing an upcoming sound effect, on the broadcast it cuts me off, plays the effect, then comes back to me finishing the announcement and then nothing for a few seconds.  In other words, only if I guess perfectly by saying "blah blah, here comes the effect," then I wait for maybe 5 seconds, THEN play the effect, it would sync up.  Naturally that's going to cause the wait itself to be put on the back end as silence.  :(  My VAC overall latency allowed is 223 milliseconds only.

Bensisko said:
I noticed this in version 5: in programming when you select Duplicate, the window that appears is not the one selected. I doing something wrong or is it a bug. Maybe someone else has pointed out?
Looks like a bug - will be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
Here a audio capture where you can see how RadioBOSS "Cut" the end of a song to make way for a jingle (with a file type which is branded the option "Do not mix track for this type of file").
Again I reiterate:
The correct behavior would disable the crosfader for a song that precedes these jingles.
OK, thanks - I'll look into it.

wutzthedeal said:
I'd like to be able to move cart items around; can you add that ability? 
I think that would be possible in one of the future updates.

wutzthedeal said:
Also, after installing 5.0.0.2. after uninstalling 0.0, connections had no issue, but then when I started the program today to connect, it would not connect, again.  So I had to uninstall and re-install RB again. 

I'm thinking that maybe that has something to do with a backup profile I'm using, I don't know, but I don't want to lose my playlists and cart setup every time I have to reinstall.
Install, reinstalling and restarting the software doesn't affect server connection in any way. When you want to install an update, just install it to the same folder, on top of the previous version. It will pick up the settings from the previous version and everything will work as it should.

When you say it doesn't connect - what error message there is in the bottom left corner?

Are you using avtivirus or firewall software? If so, it's likely that it blocks RadioBOSS's attempts to connect to the server.

wutzthedeal said:
EDIT: Also would like to figure out how to remove delays.  When I broadcast live, the delay of the sound effects is less than the delay of voice, so while I'm announcing an upcoming sound effect, on the broadcast it cuts me off, plays the effect, then comes back to me finishing the announcement and then nothing for a few seconds.  In other words, only if I guess perfectly by saying "blah blah, here comes the effect," then I wait for maybe 5 seconds, THEN play the effect, it would sync up.  Naturally that's going to cause the wait itself to be put on the back end as silence.  :(  My VAC overall latency allowed is 223 milliseconds only.
The sound effects are cart wall items? The cart wall delay should be the same as for the mic... Maybe this happens because you're using VAC. You can try routing cart wall to the same card where MIC goes (Settings->Playback->Devices).

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Again I reiterate:
OK, thanks - I'll look into it.
Ok, please post here the results, or what you do about improving this :)

wutzthedeal said:

I'm thinking that maybe that has something to do with a backup profile I'm using, I don't know, but I don't want to lose my playlists and cart setup every time I have to reinstall.
Install, reinstalling and restarting the software doesn't affect server connection in any way. When you want to install an update, just install it to the same folder, on top of the previous version. It will pick up the settings from the previous version and everything will work as it should.

When you say it doesn't connect - what error message there is in the bottom left corner?

Are you using avtivirus or firewall software? If so, it's likely that it blocks RadioBOSS's attempts to connect to the server.

Have closed down Antivirus and am running firewall but gave RB permissions through it, plus it connects sometimes so I don't think it's that.  I'm really confused now because I left the program open after the last successful broadcast and it still failed to connect tonight; reinstall didn't help (as you suggested).  I will go ahead and disable all processes that aren't required but I have disabled most already.  I will post screenshots of errors here when I update this.
wutzthedeal said:
The sound effects are cart wall items? The cart wall delay should be the same as for the mic... Maybe this happens because you're using VAC. You can try routing cart wall to the same card where MIC goes (Settings->Playback->Devices).
[/quote]

Awesome; yes they are cartwall items; only thing that worries me is if I pipe cartwall into line 2, will that bypass RB's output so that I'm not getting a loop?

EDIT: so it was on and off again tonight, turned off windows firewall, it worked, turned it back on, it worked.  Not using windows firewall anymore but installing ZA and giving program allowance.  will report back

UPDATE: Still working somehow.  Gave ZA permission to RB for all outbound connections after setting program to super-trusted.  Just to let y'all know that RB doesn't (seem to) have issues with ZoneAlarm and I'm frankly more comfy with ZA than a Windows firewall.  It won the PC editors choice thing again this year and that's good enough for me.  Will update here if any of these issues rise again, as well as if I can somehow get my cartwall routed through VAC to eliminate odd delays between sound effects and my voice.

Attachments

• ScreenShot130.jpg
    ScreenShot130.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 596
Finaly I made a screenshot with RB's FREEZE.

After a PAUSE I pushed "Next" track and RB stoped for 30 seconds. Some other times it freeze about 45 seconds.

Attachments

• RB-100CPU.png
    RB-100CPU.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 586
wutzthedeal said:
Awesome; yes they are cartwall items; only thing that worries me is if I pipe cartwall into line 2, will that bypass RB's output so that I'm not getting a loop?
It shouldn't. I'd recommend you to try it before going online.

wutzthedeal said:
UPDATE: Still working somehow.  Gave ZA permission to RB for all outbound connections after setting program to super-trusted.  Just to let y'all know that RB doesn't (seem to) have issues with ZoneAlarm and I'm frankly more comfy with ZA than a Windows firewall.  It won the PC editors choice thing again this year and that's good enough for me.  Will update here if any of these issues rise again, as well as if I can somehow get my cartwall routed through VAC to eliminate odd delays between sound effects and my voice.
From the screenshot I see the error code is "-1" - in 99.9% cases this means that another source (eg. some other program or other DJ) is already connected to the server. If connection problem happens again, try opening Icecast status page and see if there are any sources connected.

pety said:

After a PAUSE I pushed "Next" track and RB stoped for 30 seconds. Some other times it freeze about 45 seconds.
If you do the same again (with the same tracks) - does the freeze occur, or it's more like a random issue?

nelson c said:
PS: I think you missed a step you already implemented a command to get the contents of the playlist, and I have to say it works great! (called trackinfo), or is it another feature?
With trackinfo command you'll get the tracks one-by-one, which is slower. I was talking about a command to get all the playlist at once.

djsoft said:
pety said:

If you do the same again (with the same tracks) - does the freeze occur, or it's more like a random issue?
It repeated three times with the same track and another one. I restarted RadioBOSS and after that it works well.

Hi guys

I have finally joined in the beta test - sorry for the late arrival

Stil finding my way around but here are my initial comments

1. Love the addition of file verification tool  :) I have found a faulty file yet !
2. Love the new dark skin - although it does have a a minor problem
3. Thanks for the addition of a "separator" in the schedule window. HOWEVER, The font for the separator is the main window font/colour and therefore clashes if you choose the dark skin. As the separator background is white and the main window font is also white - to provbide the contrast on the dark skin - the name of the "group" is not visible. 2 possible soluions
a) have a separate fon/colour for the separator
b) have the ability to change the background colour of the separator
c) preferably both  ;)

There is also a minor issue using large fonts in the schedule window - see attached

Attachments

• RB5-1.PNG
    RB5-1.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 606
  • RB5-2.PNG
    RB5-2.PNG
    32.2 KB · Views: 589
djsoft said:
wutzthedeal said:
It shouldn't. I'd recommend you to try it before going online.

Worked well; thank you.  You don't suppose my music will be out of sync and have to go through VAC as well, do you?  Just the cartwalls?

wutzthedeal said:
From the screenshot I see the error code is "-1" - in 99.9% cases this means that another source (eg. some other program or other DJ) is already connected to the server. If connection problem happens again, try opening Icecast status page and see if there are any sources connected.
I don't know how to get to an Icecast page; I wonder if you're right and that somehow I never logged out of my last show (it shows that it's over on Spreaker so I would presume I must have, but I don't know; VERY strange connection issues over the last two days).  Could you tell me what you mean by the Icecast page and how to check it?

dave-t
Dave thank you for joining this beta testing and thanks for the comments!
The problem with scheduler groups separator will be fixed - I think it'll just automatically determine the best font color.

The problem with larger fonts is more complex. We can't extend the window as it will look ugly at normal font sizes. Currently I'm not sure what the best solution for this would be...

wutzthedeal
To get to the Icecast page: assume the IP you're using to connect to the server is 12.34.56.78 and port is 8000. To access Icecast status page, in the web browser enter http://12.34.56.78:8000 - you'll see the Icecast page and from there you can see whart sources are connected and other info.
Instead of an IP you can have an address, so to visit the status page enter http://server.example.com:8000.
From the error messages you've posted the issues are not strange at all - the reason is quite obvious: another source is already connected to the server.

djsoft said:
dave-t
Dave thank you for joining this beta testing and thanks for the comments!
The problem with scheduler groups separator will be fixed - I think it'll just automatically determine the best font color.

OK thanks  ;)

The problem with larger fonts is more complex. We can't extend the window as it will look ugly at normal font sizes. Currently I'm not sure what the best solution for this would be...

I understand - send me a bottle of Vodka and I will say no more  ;D

dave-t said:
I don't think vodka will help here :) What could help - try using larger DPI setting in Windows. It will automatically scale the controls (and the window itself) to fit the larger font.

djsoft said:
dave-t said:
I don't think vodka will help here :) What could help - try using larger DPI setting in Windows. It will automatically scale the controls (and the window itself) to fit the larger font.

Already using a large DPI setting AND larger fonts too (and the biggest screen I can afford) so I think Vodka remains the solution !  :D

RadioBOSS 5.0.0.3: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.0.0.3_beta.exe

Changes:
- Fixed most of the reported bugs
- Fixed bugs when using the "Dark" UI theme
- Included several additional button styles (Settings->View->Playback control buttons style)

Button styles are located in the settings \Style folder (to open it click Settings->Open settings folder). Additional custom button styles can be created (or existing styles modified) if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back