RadioBOSS 5.1 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
pety said:
I saw right now a lag when open RB.
About 5 sec.
Another lag by 22 seconds (RadioBOSS first app started after OS restart).
It is probably User module(?).

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
i can honestly say, I never seen this software in the last 11 years. I just searched for software that does radio automation recently and This came up, To say I don't know this domain does doing online radio since 2009 count? Also if I don't know this domain then why has every software been doing things right? Just I don't like the prices. Come on people grow up OK rubber heads, Go try any other software [deleted] or [deleted] you will see no lag, What so ever and I mean none on loading times. The program will freezes before sucking your PC dry that's professional and that's all i am saying on this matter you can cry moan B***H what ever but in reality your just taking up the forums with flaming.
This "lag" problem happens only on your PC. No other users report it (and also we were unable to reproduce it on our test machines). From this I can conclude that the problem is with your PC, not in the software...
Try the following: remove all 'protection' software you have installed on your PC (antiviruses and all other anti-*) and see how it performs. The lag is cause by one of the antiviruses you have.

pety said:
I think I'll leave it as it is. It is a flash (black one) when I start RB but  after that it is ok.
Previously you said that "black window" problem was when you switched to RB from another app. Now it's black on startup?

nelson c said:
loading a playlist, no additional data is displayed (for example as a rating) until the mouse over the song is passed.
I also see that rating is not displayed with stars. Probably those problems are related... Please wait for the next update, this should be fixed.
Just to let you know the os was the issue, I went to professional windows from home premium, What a difference so yeah. also can I convert music to opus i need a opus converter for our radio.

And why don`t you install Windows 2000 and then again to scream all over for "LAGGING"? Danm... It`s a "must" to use the professional editions on XP and upper editions on Vista or 7/8 ... did you found this now ? if so, welcome to the better world ? Who told you to use home editions ?

klinsoft said:
And why don`t you install Windows 2000 and then again to scream all over for "LAGGING"? Danm... It`s a "must" to use the professional editions on XP and upper editions on Vista or 7/8 ... did you found this now ? if so, welcome to the better world ? Who told you to use home editions ?

Well its called troubleshooting something you know nothing about cause instead of flaming, You could of asked my os. I think i posted around here i was using windows 7 home, furthermore no one said anything about a certain os. Guess you gotta learn on your maybe there should be specifications to this software on the site before purchasing I mean OS specs. So people if your gonna run this you want any windows OS, I recommend 7 and up but you want the professional edition.

pety said:
The black window mean IN RB, not in Windows. From start RB to switch to it always black is present (for short time, but it is). That's why I always send an image (and video) to see it.
No other app in my laptop has a black portion in itself when start and switch.
Please make a video of it. We can't reproduce it here on any of the test machines...

pety said:
YES, YES, YES !
The same problem in another PC with XP SP3.
The same pattern.

Q.E.D.
The problem is at RadioBOSS.
See the image, it is the same problem.
If you can make a video that would be a lot of help. Also do you have an antivirus installed there, and if so - which one?

pety said:
And change between "Adjust for best appearance" and "Adjust for best performance" in the same time with switch to RB...
Just tried it on Windows XP SP3 and nothing bad happened...

pety said:
pety said:
About 5 sec.
User module doesn't slow down the operation... Please post videos of those problems.

WBGS-Founder said:
Just to let you know the os was the issue, I went to professional windows from home premium, What a difference so yeah. also can I convert music to opus i need a opus converter for our radio.
Now RadioBOSS works with no lag for you? I don't think it was OS problem though... Probably you have some faulty software installed which messed up the system - this software was gone when you fresh installed a new OS.

klinsoft said:
It's not a must, actually. We test RadioBOSS on Home editions of Windows - it works perfectly fine there. There's nothing wrong in using Home version of Windows and run RadioBOSS there.

djsoft said:
pety said:
The black window mean IN RB, not in Windows. From start RB to switch to it always black is present (for short time, but it is). That's why I always send an image (and video) to see it.
No other app in my laptop has a black portion in itself when start and switch.
Please make a video of it. We can't reproduce it here on any of the test machines...

pety said:
YES, YES, YES !
The same problem in another PC with XP SP3.
The same pattern.

Q.E.D.
The problem is at RadioBOSS.
See the image, it is the same problem.
If you can make a video that would be a lot of help. Also do you have an antivirus installed there, and if so - which one?

pety said:
And change between "Adjust for best appearance" and "Adjust for best performance" in the same time with switch to RB...
Just tried it on Windows XP SP3 and nothing bad happened...

pety said:
pety said:
About 5 sec.
User module doesn't slow down the operation... Please post videos of those problems.

WBGS-Founder said:
Now RadioBOSS works with no lag for you? I don't think it was OS problem though... Probably you have some faulty software installed which messed up the system - this software was gone when you fresh installed a new OS.

klinsoft said:
It's not a must, actually. We test RadioBOSS on Home editions of Windows - it works perfectly fine there. There's nothing wrong in using Home version of Windows and run RadioBOSS there.
No cause I reinstalled it and runs fine now it was home premium.

Dmitriy

set a date and time and I will give you access to my laptop and Desktop by teamviwer.
I made a video and uploaded it to youtube, but maybe it is not enough for you.

pety said:
set a date and time and I will give you access to my laptop and Desktop by teamviwer.
Please send a link to the video first - maybe this will be enough to find the cause of the problem.

djsoft said:
pety said:
Please send a link to the video first - maybe this will be enough to find the cause of the problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MRuPEHTZQ
Acer 5810T:
  • 1.3-GHz Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo - SU7300;
  • Video - 512MBytes ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4330;
  • RAM - 4GB;
  • HDD Toshiba - 500GB.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
Acer 5810T:
  • RAM - 4GB;
  • HDD Toshiba - 500GB.
I see what your doing your reopening it via exe so it is reloading the program try to make a video of minimizing it and maximizing not the exe.

pety said:
Acer 5810T:
  • RAM - 4GB;
  • HDD Toshiba - 500GB.
I don't think it's a problem... drawing speed depends on your graphics card and CPU and it seems that it can't draw RadioBOSS's window instantly. At first I thought that it stays this way, but as it's only for about 1/2 of seconds, I guess no fix required.

WBGS-Founder said:
I see what your doing your reopening it via exe so it is reloading the program try to make a video of minimizing it and maximizing not the exe.
It looks like Alt+Tab to another app to me...

djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:
Is NO in both cases. I clicked with mouse on RadioBOSS icon every time  ;)

pety said:
djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:

Well if you double clicked on teh exe then that's your issue its reopening and using ram and CPU to load bugging out your one opened already lol try not clicking on it.

WBGS-Founder said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
WBGS-Founder said:

Well if you double clicked on teh exe then that's your issue its reopening and using ram and CPU to load bugging out your one opened already lol try not clicking on it.
You don't understand at all. RadioBOSS is always opened.

I know what you're doing you have RB opened and your just reopening by clicking on the exe as I said before it always does that on your specs, you need better hardware if you wanna do what you are trying. Furthermore, I complain as well but in my case you guys say its hardware, I can show you a video and do the same and prolly get same results so is it hardware when 2 people get same result?

WBGS-Founder said:
I know what you're doing you have RB opened and your just reopening by clicking on the exe as I said before it always does that on your specs, you need better hardware if you wanna do what you are trying. Furthermore, I complain as well but in my case you guys say its hardware, I can show you a video and do the same and prolly get same results so is it hardware when 2 people get same result?
No, i do not click on the exe. I do not open the same app many times. What you cannot understand? If I told you that is NO what image is in your mind? Try to look again on video and look where mouse cursor is.

Update RadioBOSS 5.1.0.4: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_5.1.0.4_beta.exe
  • Lots of bugs and minor issues fixed - thanks for everyone who report!
  • Optimizations for faster startup

nelson c said:
respect to rating, now I see number instead of stripes (as in RB 5.0)
It depends on column width - if you make it narrow, you'll see a number, if it's wide you'll see stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back