RadioBOSS 5.4 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bug:
In this case the amplification in the "File type"
I have established with amplification "+5 dB" for jingles.

In the output gain (in the plugins panel), I have established -5dB to avoid saturation.
So the content is reproduced -5 dB, except they do Jingles 0 dB. (for amplification)

Despite this I realized that from that updates to RB 5.4. jingles sound saturated.

radium98 said:
please dont forget the arabic character to rds i am waiting for debugging it and testing that too if possible
Yes, it's on the list for 5.4.0.3.

nelson c said:
The problem is in the tag editor.
Sometimes after removing a track (because it ended), the tag editor stops working.
OK, thanks for reporting this one, should be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
The two spaces were typo in the forum.
Try this command you will see that it is the same.
Code:
download http://google.com
Yes, indeed. It seems that discarding downloaded data doesn't work properly - will be fixed.

nelson c said:
I mean if the feature was implemented to see the statistics of Shoutcast and Icecast, for those who use other encoders. (in our case RadioCaster)
This feature is planned for the future. Currently it's planned for RadioBOSS 5.4.x.

nelson c said:
Another bug:

In the output gain (in the plugins panel), I have established -5dB to avoid saturation.
So the content is reproduced -5 dB, except they do Jingles 0 dB. (for amplification)

Despite this I realized that from that updates to RB 5.4. jingles sound saturated.
Does meter level go above the 0dB point?

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Another bug:

Does meter level go above the 0dB point?
this is strange too.
Now you listen well

The meters are now below 0 dB. (in a file type with amplification)
No they were when the saturation was heard

Some things in English (before were in Spanish)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 483
nelson c said:
The meters are now below 0 dB. (in a file type with amplification)
No they were when the saturation was heard
It works fine now?

nelson c said:
Some things in English (before were in Spanish)
Yes, the translation engine was changed slightly - will be fixed soon.Thanks for reporting.

In the latest beta (5.4.0.2) there is an annoying gap (one second of silence) when I use MIC. Before fades (IN and OUT) starts one second of "loud" silence. THis gap is very disturbing for host and co-hosts. This is an old bad d behaviour. Isn't there any solution to fix this?

Action Radio 95.1 said:
Can the broadcat statistics window show as a tab  eg. beside the log tab in the bottom left instead of a pop-up?
Yes, this is planned for future versions.

pety said:
In the latest beta (5.4.0.2) there is an annoying gap (one second of silence) when I use MIC. Before fades (IN and OUT) starts one second of "loud" silence. THis gap is very disturbing for host and co-hosts. This is an old bad d behaviour. Isn't there any solution to fix this?
What driver do you use for MIC (Directsound, WASAPI)?

djsoft said:
pety said:
What driver do you use for MIC (Directsound, WASAPI)?
All of them. I tried thgem all to see which driver cause this.
But, Dmitriy, this issue is old. I sent to you, in the past, even a video with this annoying MIC silence on fades

pety said:
But, Dmitriy, this issue is old. I sent to you, in the past, even a video with this annoying MIC silence on fades
IIRC, it was fixed back then. I think more information is needed now to look at it... A video would be great!

ok i'm finally sitting in front of radio boss in steady of remote and when adding new play list none of the button text is fitting on the button we are on a 23 inch touchscreen monitor

Attachments

• radioboss screenshot.png
    radioboss screenshot.png
    298 KB · Views: 516
I have two USB Behringer sound cards:
[list type=decimal]
[*]UCA 222 USB;
[*]Mixer Xenyx X1204USB.
[/list]
Both of them use the same driver from Behringer.
I work with mixer for Live and Podcasting and UCA it's used for PFL (Preview).

The huge issue is that RB doesn't know which is the mixer and it does allocate input and output in control panel settings for UCA, not for X1204USB mixer.

How can be fixed that?

My solution is to use asio4all driver, but is there a way to avoid this?

djsoft said:
pety said:
IIRC, it was fixed back then. I think more information is needed now to look at it... A video would be great!
I rechecked today, with some PC restarts and reconfigurations. The issue appear when I activate ASIO driver with Behringer device. Here there is an annoying gap of silance by one second for in and out MIC fades. The same situation for asio4all driver but not so acute.

Wasapi works great.

pety said:
I rechecked today, with some PC restarts and reconfigurations. The issue appear when I activate ASIO driver with Behringer device. Here there is an annoying gap of silance by one second for in and out MIC fades. The same situation for asio4all driver but not so acute
If it happens for ASIO only, then try checking the "Keep channels initialized" checkbox in Settings->Inputs->MIC device.

worldfamous704djs said:
ok i'm finally sitting in front of radio boss in steady of remote and when adding new play list none of the button text is fitting on the button we are on a 23 inch touchscreen monitor
The text is for screen reader software (so that visually impaired users can access the graphic buttons). You should disable this mode in RadioBOSS: click View menu and uncheck the "Screen reader" item.

pety said:
The huge issue is that RB doesn't know which is the mixer and it does allocate input and output in control panel settings for UCA, not for X1204USB mixer.
How those devices appear in Windows control panel (Sound applet) - do you see two separate devices? Do you see those devices as separate in RadioBOSS? Couple of screenshots would be great, too.

djsoft said:
pety said:
I rechecked today, with some PC restarts and reconfigurations. The issue appear when I activate ASIO driver with Behringer device. Here there is an annoying gap of silance by one second for in and out MIC fades. The same situation for asio4all driver but not so acute
If it happens for ASIO only, then try checking the "Keep channels initialized" checkbox in Settings->Inputs->MIC device.
Indeed, this solved it, thanks.

worldfamous704djs said:
The text is for screen reader software (so that visually impaired users can access the graphic buttons). You should disable this mode in RadioBOSS: click View menu and uncheck the "Screen reader" item.

it is still doing the same with it enble and with it disable

Attachments

• radioboss screenshot.png
    radioboss screenshot.png
    298 KB · Views: 482
Maybe those bug reports help

Attachments

• bugreport_20151213-152353.txt
    21.5 KB · Views: 425
  • bugreport_20151213-152420.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 405
  • bugreport_20151213-152422.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 434
pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
Indeed, this solved it, thanks.
Great! Thanks for the info. I think that should be the default setting, as it seems many have the same problem with silence.

worldfamous704djs said:
it is still doing the same with it enble and with it disable
That's really odd. You need to close Playlist Generator, then disable the Screen Reader setting, and open it again. Please let me know if it doesn't help either.

pety said:
Maybe those bug reports help
Thank you for bug reports.
Note: I've moved ASIO discussion to a separate topic: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4434.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back