RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
nelson c said:
Bug:
(It is not 5.6 but it was already present in 5.5)
When I add a song to the list from the API, the GetPlaylist2 command does not display the metadata, nor the duration. Only the file name
The getplaylist2 command is the faster (way faster especially for large playlists) version of getplaylist command, but it returns limited data.

It returns track duration in the DURATION field and track title (according to title format) in the CASTTITLE field.

nelson c said:
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Some problems with Shuffle Playlist on ADS Scheduler:
-Doesn't work when using overlay player
-Mix the entire list (start and end blocks not is should mix)
Yes, I think this feature will be redesigned.
I think it's a good idea. Just as this function is useless. Forget to say that filling sweets should not be mixed either. (Always at the end) :)
The feature will be redesigned to allow shuffling ads only, while leaving all other items in place. In its current state, it merely enables the "Shuffle playlist" in the event, and RadioBOSS does the shuffling.

pety said:
What for are hooks?
Hook is a small (3-6 seconds) part of a track, just enough to recognize it. Hooks are used in the Teaser feature: Playlist->Add Teaser. It then creates a preview of songs that are coming up next, or selects the song you want to be in the teaser.
Here's the thread with more details on how it works and its purpose: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4815.msg23555.html#msg23555

RadioBOSS also features the AutoHook thing, where it tries (with variable success :) ) to select the "most recognizable part of a song" automatically, making Teasers easier to use. AutoHook only works if it's enabled and only for tracks with no HookIn/HookOut points set.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS also features the AutoHook thing, where it tries (with variable success :) ) to select the "most recognizable part of a song" automatically, making Teasers easier to use. AutoHook only works if it's enabled and only for tracks with no HookIn/HookOut points set.
Great addition! :D

I tried it two or three times and in one the entire program freezes completely. (The window was open)
First the audio bars were locked and the program was silent after the opening jingle.
Then the program went blank and completely blocked without any bug report.
I'm using AutoHoot

I need information also about Voiceovers

Are inserted automatically always this track is playing?
What happens when using witch Teasers?

Thanks!

The duration in autohoot by default is disabled. (When you have the window and autohoot this enabled)
I think that you it's a bug.

I'm trying autohook and he does a fantastic job! :D

In the next versions should omit the type of files, institutional radio isn't a good idea announce ;)

I'm with Autook tests,
90% of the time does an excellent job.
But some rarely grabs the end of song where the track is doing a fade out, or once grabbed an end of a song and I am silent.

djsoft said:
StefanoM said:
Good evening, use windows xp pro. Music library does not work.
Please click Details and then send the bug report to us to take a look.

Attachments

• boss1.JPG
    boss1.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 570
nelson c said:
I'm with Autook tests,
But some rarely grabs the end of song where the track is doing a fade out, or once grabbed an end of a song and I am silent.
would you like to make a litle help for using hooks. Thanks !

nelson c said:
I tried it two or three times and in one the entire program freezes completely. (The window was open)
If it happens again, please wait for the "freeze" message box to pop up and then send the bug report.

nelson c said:
Are inserted automatically always this track is playing?
Yes.

nelson c said:
What happens when using witch Teasers?
Teasers do not play voiceovers.

nelson c said:
The duration in autohoot by default is disabled. (When you have the window and autohoot this enabled)
I think that you it's a bug.
Yes, it's a UI bug - will be fixed in the next update.

nelson c said:
In the next versions should omit the type of files, institutional radio isn't a good idea announce ;)
The problem here is how to determine if a track is instrumental? I doubt that all instrumental tracks are properly tagged...

nelson c said:
I'm with Autook tests,
It could be that those tracks have long endings, also with lots of quiet parts in the middle... Please try testing again with the same tracks, and if AutoHook chooses bad hooks - send those tracks to support@djsoft.net to analyze.

Patricio Pizarro Ayala said:
THANKS THANKS THANKS BY THIS JOB
You're welcome :)

Teaser:

Just downloaded Beta. 

Teaser function seems to have a 1 second silent gap between the Teaser INTRO and first tease.  There is at times a gap at the end of the teaser END.  Is there anyway to adjust this?

Also, whilst playing the Transition, programme crashed and infinite transition sound heard.

pety said:
nelson c said:
I'm with Autook tests,
would you like to make a litle help for using hooks. Thanks !

Hope this helps!

I second the request for the "Teaser" or "Coming up next" feature in RadioBoss.  Here is an example  https://clyp.it/1hkt2vob

The teaser comprises of elements :
Intro - "Coming up in the next half hour"
Transition - "Vinyl Record spinback"
End - "Stay tuned"

Using Track Tool, you would select a HOOK IN point and a HOOK OUT point as you do with START, INTRO etc.
The feature then plays the HOOK.

Intro - "Coming up in the next half hour"
HOOK - 1st song
HOOK - 1st song
HOOK - 2nd song
HOOK - 3rd song
HOOK - 4th song
End - "Stay tuned"

Cheshunt Radio said:
Teaser function seems to have a 1 second silent gap between the Teaser INTRO and first tease.  There is at times a gap at the end of the teaser END.  Is there anyway to adjust this?
There should be no gap. The only situation where we had gap issue here during the internal testing, is when hard drive performance and/or CPU performance is not enough (=slow) - in this case it did not have time to load tracks in a timely manner, as the teaser is created "on the fly" immediately after its playback started - it's not prepared before. The teaser feature performs the best on SSD drive and fast CPU (e.g. Core i5 or the like), it's even more important if you utilize AutoHook, it requires more processing power to automatically determine hook points.

Cheshunt Radio said:
Also, whilst playing the Transition, programme crashed and infinite transition sound heard.
That shouldn't be happening... Did you see any error messages? If there's an error message, please click the Details button and then "Send bug report" button. Without the bug report it's hard to tell where the things go wrong.

djsoft said:
There should be no gap. The only situation where we had gap issue here during the internal testing, is when hard drive performance and/or CPU performance is not enough (=slow) - in this case it did not have time to load tracks in a timely manner, as the teaser is created "on the fly" immediately after its playback started - it's not prepared before. The teaser feature performs the best on SSD drive and fast CPU (e.g. Core i5 or the like), it's even more important if you utilize AutoHook, it requires more processing power to automatically determine hook points.

Noted! The gap occurs intermittently so I am testing to see whether it is "Intro Audio" file specific i.e. does one audio file have silence at the end?
I am currently using an automated playout system and trialed others with "teasers" scheduled with the very same audio files and it works perfect everytime with my current setup. 

Here is the a teaser working at its best using a different system. https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4846.msg23769.html#msg23769

djsoft said:
That shouldn't be happening... Did you see any error messages? If there's an error message, please click the Details button and then "Send bug report" button. Without the bug report it's hard to tell where the things go wrong.
The autohook feature turned off.  5 tracks selected. 5 second duration. Shuffle off. What happens is the teaser at times misses the first song and acts as if shuffle is active.  Then you will hear the transition audio fire twice followed by infinite playing if any attempt to click out of the "loop?"  No error message displayed.  Bug reports sent during crash!

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
The problem here is how to determine if a track is instrumental? I doubt that all instrumental tracks are properly tagged...
Think that not will understand what I say.
The problem here is that you jingles them radio, advertising, etc, should not be advertised by Teasers.
Ej "In the next hour you'll hear".
-Song 1
-Jingle(Skip)
-Song 2

Report on music library (working in database mode)
Create a new XML and import tracks appeared the following report

Attachments

• bugreport_base.txt
    25.4 KB · Views: 486
djsoft said:
nelson c said:
I'm with Autook tests,
It could be that those tracks have long endings, also with lots of quiet parts in the middle... Please try testing again with the same tracks, and if AutoHook chooses bad hooks - send those tracks to support@djsoft.net to analyze.
in the song that I attached usually take the end of the topic, when doing a fadeout, which is very bad. (But do not always choose the same autohook)
(10 seg the duration)

I think internally could have some filters to avoid these things:
Discard the initial 10% and 10% of a track. (to avoid fadein or fadeout that have themes, rests, etc.)
For tracks which have an intro and outro manual, autohook should be between the two

www.musiconefm.com/Borrar/Madonna - Into The Groove.mp3

Cheshunt Radio said:
djsoft said:

Noted! The gap occurs intermittently so I am testing to see whether it is "Intro Audio" file specific i.e. does one audio file have silence at the end?
I am currently using an automated playout system and trialed others with "teasers" scheduled with the very same audio files and it works perfect everytime with my current setup. 

UPDATE:

The files I was using for the intro end end had silence at the end.  Once trimmed the issue of gaps has been resolved.

Cheshunt Radio said:
Currently RadioBOSS does not trim silence for jingles used in teaser - the next update will do it.

Cheshunt Radio said:
It should sound the same in RadioBOSS, if you select the same hook points and use the same jingles.

If it works differently, can you please give some specifics on how it's different? You can also send your music files along with jingles so we can add it to our tests here and improve the feature.

Cheshunt Radio said:
The autohook feature turned off.  5 tracks selected. 5 second duration. Shuffle off. What happens is the teaser at times misses the first song and acts as if shuffle is active.  Then you will hear the transition audio fire twice followed by infinite playing if any attempt to click out of the "loop?"  No error message displayed.  Bug reports sent during crash!
How often does it happen? It doesn't appear to reproduce here... In the next version we'll add operation log for teasers, it will shed some light on what happens in its internals. Currently it's the first incarnation and system may need some tweaks to become reliable.

nelson c said:
Think that not will understand what I say.
The problem here is that you jingles them radio, advertising, etc, should not be advertised by Teasers.
Ej "In the next hour you'll hear".
-Song 1
-Jingle(Skip)
-Song 2
It already does that: it skips tracks that are shorter than 50 seconds - it should cover all jingles, station IDs and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back