RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
Quote from: southernfm on April 25, 2017, 07:08:43 PM
3. With regards to 'Start time' if the playlist is currently stopped, all of the start time entries are blank. Is it possible to have it so the start time is showing even when the player is stopped? For example, incrementally increasing the start time each second the player is paused, and then it switches to what shows up now when the player is actively playing a track?
It can be possible, but what is the purpose if this feature? By the way, when the playlist is not playing, you can right-click on a track and click "Calculate start time" if you want to preview start times.

For timing out purposes. We have our presenters run adverts every 19th minute and 39th minute each hour, so if the player is stopped after a scheduled break, it would allow them to time their 'play' better for the next break. Our news comes in at xx:59 each applicable hour as well, so it would be handy for that too. They can see it and drag songs around at the moment to try and make the transition to the news more 'on time'. The intention is for the ad scheduler to populate the playlist 1 minute early, the current song to finish playing, and then the scheduled break runs after. We don't force it or anything like that. It was a feature on our previous play out system which is why some of our presenters have requested it. We do it this way instead of on the minute (e.g. xx:00) to prevent a song cutting off prematurely before the news or a sponsor gets put in, just sounds a bit better even at the moment when the timing isn't 100% on time.

Thanks.

southernfm said:
Thanks for that. The profile we setup for presenters is blocking the log feature and our presenters can't change it (we did that to simplify the layout - our presenters are mostly 50+). Is it possible to have this information displayed like in the screenshot? Similar to how you highlight the 'On Air' section and it displays some info?
 Screen shot attached which demonstrates this.
The hint for Last Played box will be extended with last played tracks (up to 5) in one of the next updates - thank you for the idea.

southernfm said:
Also full screen screenshot shows the track/playing time minor cosmetic issue.
It doesn't happen here... Can you please specify what Windows version you use?

djsoft said:
Quote from: southernfm on April 27, 2017, 06:35:28 AM
Also full screen screenshot shows the track/playing time minor cosmetic issue.
It doesn't happen here... Can you please specify what Windows version you use?

The device I'm testing it on isn't one of our production computers so it's minor for me. If no one else is reporting it, it's not a big issue.

That said, specs are as follows:

Windows 7 X64 6.1.7601 SP 1 Build 7601 (64 bit)
System: TOSHIBA
Model: Qosmio G55
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz

I have the laptop screen resolution 1680 x 945, and an attached 22" screen which is 1360x768. The symptoms occur on both screens.

The graphics card is a GeForce 9200M GS

southernfm said:
For timing out purposes. We have our presenters run adverts every 19th minute and 39th minute each hour, so if the player is stopped after a scheduled break, it would allow them to time their 'play' better for the next break.
We'll consider adding this feature in the future - thank you for the request and usage example.

southernfm said:
The device I'm testing it on isn't one of our production computers so it's minor for me. If no one else is reporting it, it's not a big issue.
It wasn't reported by anyone else, nor it reproduces here... But anyway, we'll check why this may be happening.

Is it possible on log window, when press right mouse button, to be added "Add to playback queue" also ?
Just an idea. It`s  faster to see back songs there, instead to search with playlist search and again to add it

klinsoft said:
Is it possible on log window, when press right mouse button, to be added "Add to playback queue" also ?
Just an idea. It`s  faster to see back songs there, instead to search with playlist search and again to add it
You can drag the track to the playlist from the log.

RadioBOSS 5.6.0.2

Changes:
- Ads Scheduelr asks to update playlists/events if there were changes
- Added commands: enablevo, disablevo to enable and disable voiceovers
- Teasers: choose either a folder or a single file for start, transition, end jingles
- Teasers: configurable transitions (fades, overlap), configurable track exceptions
- Improved "Est. duration" calculation in Playlist Generator
- Teasers are shown in the playlists with information about the teaser
- Track Tool: prelisten voiceover position (right-click on a "..." button)
- Fixed playback device disconnect after prelisten was used when Monitor was configured instead of Main soundcard
- Fixed bugs

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.6.0.2.exe

djsoft said:
klinsoft said:
You can drag the track to the playlist from the log.

I can, but this leads to repeating tracks in the playlist  - double/tripple etc entries. In this case i must delete after "adding to queue" .

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
After the update in my test PC, RadioBOSS is hung when starting playback. (For what I see has to do with the database)
Yes, it appears that database fails under certain circumstances - should be fixed in the next update.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Now its not showing, But i notice when i am casting the response time to server varies. But when i reboot software, Well its pretty much instant. Why is this? Why does software delay time to server randomly, Witch should not do that it don't matter if i am casting for 5 hours 4 days should be instant always.
I'm not sure if I understood the question. What is the response time?

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Also do I need to own VB-Virtual audio Cable?
VB Cable is free software, but if you find it useful, please consider donating some money to its author: http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/index.htm

jopara said:
How do I add the Teaser Scheduler?
Please click the Wizard button in the event window, select "Automatic announcement" then select "Teaser".

I notice it lags more though but could be my focusrite. I just bought a Yamaha mixer and people say we sound amazing.

djsoft said:
Some problems with Shuffle Playlist on ADS Scheduler:
-Doesn't work when using overlay player
-Mix the entire list (start and end blocks not is should mix)
Yes, I think this feature will be redesigned.
Is this already implemented? I would like to use this feature

klinsoft said:
I can, but this leads to repeating tracks in the playlist  - double/tripple etc entries. In this case i must delete after "adding to queue" .
If you add it to the queue, it can repeat as well... I'm not sure it should play tracks from the log directly, it's a bit odd :)

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
I notice it lags more though but could be my focusrite. I just bought a Yamaha mixer and people say we sound amazing.
RadioBOSS lags?

nelson c said:
Is this already implemented? I would like to use this feature
Currently not - it's in the development queue.

Hello again. Testing the Teaser I realized that also the advertising cuts that are between the songs (if there are any) are issued, but this should not be the case. Teaser should only detect the music tracks, or am I wrong?

I answer myself, the advertising cut that is included in the Teaser is an advertizing that lasted 1 minute and two seconds. Adjusting that goes well, only that the rest of advertising cuts are not skipped and you only hear the effect.

jopara said:
Testing the Teaser I realized that also the advertising cuts that are between the songs (if there are any) are issued, but this should not be the case. Teaser should only detect the music tracks, or am I wrong?
The latest version (5.6.0.2) allows to skip file types, if advertisements belong to any file type. You can also exclude short tracks, set the filter to 70 seconds and that should do it.

A small improvement that could be very practical:
It is possible to set the focus in the search edit after modifying the value of the ComboBox database or field(artist, title)

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 381
Teaser

With the current beta version radioboss beta 5.6.0.2, I am unable to reproduce the "skipping tracks and crashing issues" I had with the previous builds teaser feature!  I am happy to report that it seems to be working just fine now  Good job!

nelson c said:
A small improvement that could be very practical:
It is possible to set the focus in the search edit after modifying the value of the ComboBox database or field(artist, title)
Yes, that's a good idea - will be done in the next update.

i wonder why RadioBoss stay in the task bar AND in the notification zone... When closing (and when reduce option is selected in params) it should just go to the notification zone near time, network, speakers...etc...
also, when passing the mouse on the icon : you've got the title on air and the name of the station... Well i think the name of the station is not usefull, generally you know who you are and what's the name of ur station no ?
Instead i propose to have the number of listeners, that could be more usefull, and then no need to maximize SB layout to know ur audience... Just a proposal... Greetz

FREDERICVELU said:
i wonder why RadioBoss stay in the task bar AND in the notification zone... When closing (and when reduce option is selected in params) it should just go to the notification zone near time, network, speakers...etc...
You can remove it from the taskbar - uncheck the "Place button in the taskbar" in Settings->General

FREDERICVELU said:
also, when passing the mouse on the icon : you've got the title on air and the name of the station... Well i think the name of the station is not usefull, generally you know who you are and what's the name of ur station no ?
Sometimes multiple stations are broadcast from one computer, so it's a way to determine what instance it is.

FREDERICVELU said:
Instead i propose to have the number of listeners, that could be more usefull, and then no need to maximize SB layout to know ur audience... Just a proposal... Greetz
Yes, this is a good idea, will be added in one of the next updates.

oh yeah, thanks for the trick : sometimes i misunderstand some functions : i thought that this tick meaned "don't place the icon in the notification zone"...i should have tried it before speaking... sorry for that...
Just to let you know i have used many great automations in the FM network i ruled for 20 years such as Winmedia and RCS Zeta and the least i can say is your software is REALLY a MUST HAVE... and for 1/100 the price !
i am now recommending it in each forum or group where i am member (and where you may find me). Congratz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back