RadioBOSS 5.6 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dmitry
The first install on a fresh machine of 5.6 went ok then all of a sudden it would not play the music folder skipped everything. Sorry I didnt look for any faults or reports was too corrupted
Deleted that version reinstalled 5.5.5.0. Installed backup files
downloaded fresh 5.6 and installed over the top
after one week on local it is working fine very stable
Not sure what happened with first install of 5.6 but working much better with second setup
So far so good
Cheers 

daveh said:
Not sure what happened with first install of 5.6 but working much better with second setup
It could be that it had registered some bug reports - please click Help->Contact Support->Send bugreports. It will send any saved bug reports to us.

When you can use database to generate a playlist on two computers that are in network:
Will it be necessary to read all the tracks, or can you assemble the list and apply the filters using the data stored in the database?
It would be a great improvement. It takes a lot of time to generate a playlist with 14,000 songs. (and counting I have a gigabit local network)

nelson c said:
Also applies to the year filter? I think you could add this in the user manual
Only for priority rules currently.

nelson c said:
When you can use database to generate a playlist on two computers that are in network:
SQLite database can't be used over a network. We tested it, and it's not stable enough (shared network folders lack some features that are needed for shared database access). For this, we'll introduce another database, e.g. MySQL that can be used over a network.

nelson c said:
Will it be necessary to read all the tracks, or can you assemble the list and apply the filters using the data stored in the database?
In the future, it will use database only - no track reading. Currently it will read track tag anyway.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
Also applies to the year filter? I think you could add this in the user manual
Only for priority rules currently.
Is it a lot of work to add?

Another topic:
Is there hope for a first inclusion of categories in this beta? :)

nelson c said:
Is it a lot of work to add?
Not a lot, but it's planned for the next version (5.7) already...

nelson c said:
Is there hope for a first inclusion of categories in this beta?
This is a major feature, so it's for one of the next major releases, 5.7 I think.

After updating to the last beta, it costs a lot to initialize the sound card monitoring. (The program hangs up for a few seconds and sometimes this error appears)
Once it starts then it works correctly

Attachments

• s.png
    s.png
    5 KB · Views: 397
There were no changes made to prelisted device usage... Did you change something in the system, perhaps, installed an update?

Thanks for the new Radioboss Version! :)
The idea to implement Teasing in Radioboss is fantastic..but the way to handle that is not really usable :-(
What do you think about to handle that like *mairlist* I can pick music files to a container and after that i can work with a track editor to cut the teasing file. In Radioboss i can`t do that and i don`t have access to put music files on top or on bottom .

The purpose of automatic teasers is to be fully automatic - to eliminate the need of manual audio edits. You can adjust track part (hook) that will be included in the teaser - set Hook In and Hook Out marks in the Track Tool. Or let RadioBOSS automatically decide which part to use :)

I think you did not understood :)

How can i put music c on first place
file a  on second and so on ? I can only do that with the container tool like in mairlist. 

You can use the folder source (it's sorted alphabetically) and rename files to appear in the right order. Or place files in the playlist and make teaser announce "Coming up next" tracks in the playlist. Make sure Shuffle in the teaser settings is unchecked.

I'd like to note that teaser module is designed to be dynamic - each time the teasers are be different, to create diversity. Not to play same teaser, same songs in the same order, over and over again.

Is there any option to maybe let us add a jpeg etc to the notes section. When Ive tried to paste an image into notes, it just comes up with loads of coding etc. The scenario would be......  I get alot of flyers sent to me via email and its a bit of a pain opening them to read out the contents on air and use the software at the same time. I know you can open a webpage but like I said, these flyers are emailed. Just a though for the people using one screen.

XML, SQLite, MySQL - already tends to become heavy weight...
I hope RadioBOSS will not become bloated...

Don't bloat my RadioBOSS masterpiece  ;)

A lot of thanks to Dmitriy and all beta testers for what RadioBOSS is becoming.

djpaulred said:
I know you can open a webpage but like I said, these flyers are emailed
You can open email in the web page, as most of the email services nowadays are web based.

pety said:
XML, SQLite, MySQL - already tends to become heavy weight...
I hope RadioBOSS will not become bloated
XML is just a text format to store data in a structured way - it's been used in RadioBOSS since version one. As for databases, this is optional and turned off by default. Nothing to worry about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back