RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheduled Events BUG
If you click TIME, and set up a scheduled event, like SAYTIME for example with "Repeat Every" x minutes
then change later to HOURS, the Repeat button fades and is unusable, BUT still has an X in it.
This is causing your Hours change to action, it goes thru all the motions, but in the final act does not insert TIME into the Playlist.

DJSTU said:
AND YET the actual names being used are totally different
So the question is, why does Styles not match the actual names being used ?
I don't know why it's like this - will be fixed :)

DJSTU said:
BUT my thinking was "should this not have been under Styles in the first place, where all the colour changes are located ??". And I daresay I would have found it in no time, were it to be located there ?
Indeed. In the past, there was no "Style" category, and all the settings were in the "View" section. This option will be relocated, thank you!

DJSTU said:
But its not a matter of just saying how good yours is compared to them. You need to be saying to yourself "how can we bring an even better presentation to that which we presently provide".
When "Settings" are concerned, there's not much can be done about it. In the software with lots of options, the settings window will be packed with controls and categories. This is inevitable. But we'll do some minor rearrangements to make the window more logical and easier to use.

DJSTU said:
I think people will put stuff forward, if they think you will carefully and considerately listen to their idea (I am never sure whether its just you, or other people are involved).
If other people are involved, they write under their own accounts :) As for ideas, as I said before, all suggestions are added to the bug tracker and considered for the future versions. We take backwards compatibility seriously, so any change must have a reason, especially breaking ones that could potentially make updating to a new version a pain.

DJSTU said:
I struck an issue with APEv2 whereby a small, just over a one minute track, kept cutting into about one third into the track (from the start) in spite of the fact that there was a Start and End put in via Tracktool.
There is a bug, it sometimes doesn't trim the silence correctly from the short tracks. This bug is fixed for the next update (5.8.0.3), it should be released today, please check if the issue is still there.

DJSTU said:
That would be a good solution.
Will the word "Next:" appear ?
You set the title format to what you need - it can include any custom text.

DJSTU said:
Is there some technical reason as to why the inbuilt broadcast doesn't have the ability to choose the nowplaying.txt file just like Radiocaster does (being an optional choice within Radiocaster) ?
It's about what comes from where. RadioBOSS creates nowplaying file to export the title to external software, like RadioCaster. It doesn't make much sense to read the file it just created as it can simply use this information directly.

DJSTU said:
You have talked about a nowplaying.txt template that is coming up in the future, which I am presuming RadioCaster and RadioBoss will both be using ?
Yes, the template will be useful for different reasons, e.g. using other software or hardware that requires specific nowplaying format. It is only for RadioBOSS - to tell how the nowplaying file should be formed. RadioCaster will work as it does now.

DJSTU said:
Maybe it was something I couldn't physically see that was causing the issue, but it did leave me wondering if Tracktool should have a button to click that says "Clear all settings back to Original" ?
There is a "Delete additional information" checkbox at the bottom to reset the file.

vk1337 // Basti said:
These 2 small things would be a beginning to a good future, or so?
Some of the changes will be implemented in the upcoming updates. Then we'll see :)

DJSTU said:
If I have that right, and that is the way it is supposed to work, then something is wrong.
Please wait for the next update, the issue should be fixed there.

DJSTU said:
In making additions or deletions in the Playlist, there has been quite a few times now when I have clicked on the SAVE button only to have it come up SAVE AS. YES, I am clicking on the right one.
I just ignore it and escape.
Five minutes later I can do the same thing and the SAVE button will work exactly as expected.

Its not constantly doing this error, just erratically.

PS:
Maybe something to do with suffix.
I am using .m3u
I think sometimes its looking for and defaulting to .m3u8
hence its coming up with a save as.
You should use m3u8 as m3u is ANSI playlist and some international character can be corrupted there. The Save button will be checked.

DJSTU said:
If you click TIME, and set up a scheduled event, like SAYTIME for example with "Repeat Every" x minutes
then change later to HOURS, the Repeat button fades and is unusable, BUT still has an X in it.
This is causing your Hours change to action, it goes thru all the motions, but in the final act does not insert TIME into the Playlist.
If you switch to "Hours" then repeats are not supported and will not be used. There was a bug with "Hours" in the first versions but it should work fine in the latest 5.8.0.2 update.

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.3 beta

Changes:
  • Minor layout changes in Settings->View and Settings->View->Style
  • Fixed continuous start time calculation bug when the active playlist was changed
  • Fixed gap killer and trigger mix at sometimes incorrectly processed the track
  • Separate MIC and Music DSP processing is now configurable (from MIC DSP settings window)
  • Fixed MySQL sometimes didn't properly accept certain file names
  • Fixed: Track Tool can't be called for Track List items in the playlist
  • Fixed scheduler and playlist column selection windows had incorrect title
  • Fixed "pause #N" didn't work properly in events with "multiple actions"
  • Minor UI changes for disabled controls
  • Track Tool - added "Yes to all" option to confirmation box
  • Playlist Generator Pro: fixed occasional error when categories with "In order" selection were used

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.3.exe

Dmitriy, what about the same event at different hours and different minutes:

- 14:45
- 16:45
- 18:30
- 21:25

We asked it for YEARS.
How long (how many years) will take to see it implemented?
That is THE MOST important thing for us. Almost all the rest we don't need...

Many thanks for your replies and for all your responses to my somewhat vigorous posting yesterday. Its always appreciated  :)

djsoft said:
If you switch to "Hours" then repeats are not supported and will not be used. There was a bug with "Hours" in the first versions but it should work fine in the latest 5.8.0.2 update.

I discovered that if I switch back to TIME, remove the X from "Repeat every" then go back to HOURS this solves the Bug that is occurring.
The HOURS, per sei, as you indicate are working perfectly, for instance when you create a brand new event.

djsoft said:
OK, I think there will be a way to do it - a scheduler command and/or menu command to reset the played state.

Thank you. Keep me posted on this change.

djsoft said:
There is a bug, it sometimes doesn't trim the silence correctly from the short tracks. This bug is fixed for the next update (5.8.0.3), it should be released today, please check if the issue is still there.

Unfortunately the bug is still there, in 5.8.0.3, unchanged from my previous posting about it.
Also past the RED line, to the right hand side, its also not changing to the usual blue colour that it did in the past.
In order to get it working without any problems I have had to uncheck "Mix Point" and "Trigger Mix at" and I'm only using Remove Gaps for my mixing.

PS
I have just discovered that Remove Gaps is not working either.
I have a file which is downloaded as a new file 6 days a week. It always has about 60 secs of dead air on the end. This dead air played with the Remove Gaps set as per attached. Also pic from Track Tool attached.

METADATA
My word insert is working (see attached) but %nexttitle is not yet active. Is that correct ?
Or do I have something wrong ?

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 1 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 1 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 311
  • RadioBoss No 2 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 2 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 357
  • RadioBoss No 3 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 3 - 08Oct2018.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 397
Hi Dmitry,
I miss the menu string "Language" and "Manual" in event planner for translation.
I've found some fields and labels, that are too short... The will be shown only with font style size of 9 - but not with 10. Thats very ugly.
And now I'm not able to starting RadioBOSS again after set "read file tags in separate process" in General -> Advanced.... how to fix without loosing all my settings? (bug report sent)

Attachments

• rb_error.jpg
    rb_error.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 308
  • rb_label1.jpg
    rb_label1.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 305
  • rb_field2.jpg
    rb_field2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 315
  • rb_field1.jpg
    rb_field1.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 363
  • rb_events.jpg
    rb_events.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 297
  • rb_language.jpg
    rb_language.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 368
Hello Dmitry
In the Italian translation This page of the Style, as you see in the picture, is completely out of the picture and words in Italian overlap. The display must be Correct.

Attachments

• 2018-10-08 19_14_18-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (5.8.0.3).jpg
    2018-10-08 19_14_18-RadioBOSS Advanced [beta] (5.8.0.3).jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 378
Teaser does not work on pre-listening as before, I think it's a bug. Before the function was allowed to give pre-listening teaser, very useful function.

Attachments

• Teaser pre-escuta.png
    Teaser pre-escuta.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 353
There is an option to add an item to the end of the list in the event options scheduler. I had a few situations that left one or two songs on the play list that did not play and it was scheduled to launch another playlist. I then had to stop the execution of the event and the play list manually added to the end of the existing play list. The insert a play list option does not match because that material is added to the current song.

I have not used groups for events so far. Now I've grouped all the events in RadioBoss. I do not know if group names are listed on the task list. Jaws and NVDA do not read group names. When I hit the cursor at the point where the group name should be, Jaws and NVDA say the item list file name.

Dmitry, who used the vst plugin for testing when creating accessibility. Although neither Jaws nor NVDA announce the name of the slider tonight I have tried to scroll the arrows to see how it works. That's a bad job. On most sliders as soon as a shortcut is pressed, the sound mutes or melts. I have not been able to fine-tune the MB process at all.

pety said:
Dmitriy, what about the same event at different hours and different minutes:

We asked it for YEARS.
How long (how many years) will take to see it implemented?
That is THE MOST important thing for us. Almost all the rest we don't need...
I don't think it would take years - currently this is assigned for RadioBOSS 5.9, first half of 2019.

DJSTU said:
I discovered that if I switch back to TIME, remove the X from "Repeat every" then go back to HOURS this solves the Bug that is occurring.
The HOURS, per sei, as you indicate are working perfectly, for instance when you create a brand new event.
Thank you for the details, added to the bug list.

DJSTU said:
Also past the RED line, to the right hand side, its also not changing to the usual blue colour that it did in the past.
In order to get it working without any problems I have had to uncheck "Mix Point" and "Trigger Mix at" and I'm only using Remove Gaps for my mixing.
The red line indicates the mix point, the blue fill indicates the fade out period. They may or may not be at the same point - it depends on the crossfade settings currently in action. I suggest opening a new topic about this where you provide more details, it will be easier to discuss there.

DJSTU said:
I have just discovered that Remove Gaps is not working either.
I have a file which is downloaded as a new file 6 days a week. It always has about 60 secs of dead air on the end. This dead air played with the Remove Gaps set as per attached. Also pic from Track Tool attached.
Please send the file to support@djsoft.net, we'll check it here.

DJSTU said:
My word insert is working (see attached) but %nexttitle is not yet active. Is that correct ?
Or do I have something wrong ?
It's not working yet, please wait for the next update :)

vk1337 // Basti said:
I miss the menu string "Language" and "Manual" in event planner for translation.
I've found some fields and labels, that are too short... The will be shown only with font style size of 9 - but not with 10. Thats very ugly.
Will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

Marco Nicolosi said:
In the Italian translation This page of the Style, as you see in the picture, is completely out of the picture and words in Italian overlap. The display must be Correct.
The UI is not designed to fix very long phrases - can you please change the translation to a shorter version,

celso said:
Teaser does not work on pre-listening as before, I think it's a bug. Before the function was allowed to give pre-listening teaser, very useful function.
Thank you - will be fixed in the next update.

Update to:
vk1337 // Basti said:
And now I'm not able to starting RadioBOSS again after set "read file tags in separate process" in General -> Advanced.... how to fix without loosing all my settings? (bug report sent)
I could fixed it by myself.
  • opened %appdata%\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_#########\system.ini
  • set "TagReadHelper = False"
  • RadioBOSS working again
So.... it seems to be a bug, if attached option is set "True".

Attachments

• w1_001810.jpg
    w1_001810.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 360
Sasa Grbic said:
There is an option to add an item to the end of the list in the event options scheduler. I had a few situations that left one or two songs on the play list that did not play and it was scheduled to launch another playlist. I then had to stop the execution of the event and the play list manually added to the end of the existing play list. The insert a play list option does not match because that material is added to the current song.
Depending on what end result you wish to achieve, you should consider enabling the "Clear playlist" option for certain events, so it will clear the playlist before inserting the event.

Sasa Grbic said:
I have not used groups for events so far. Now I've grouped all the events in RadioBoss. I do not know if group names are listed on the task list. Jaws and NVDA do not read group names. When I hit the cursor at the point where the group name should be, Jaws and NVDA say the item list file name.
Unfortunately, groups are not the feature that can be used with screen reader software properly, due to technical limitations. However, you should be able to hear the group name as a data for the first column in the list.

Sasa Grbic said:
Dmitry, who used the vst plugin for testing when creating accessibility. Although neither Jaws nor NVDA announce the name of the slider tonight I have tried to scroll the arrows to see how it works. That's a bad job. On most sliders as soon as a shortcut is pressed, the sound mutes or melts. I have not been able to fine-tune the MB process at all.
What VST plugin did you use?

vk1337 // Basti said:
So.... it seems to be a bug, if attached option is set "True".
Yes, this is a bug, I'm sorry that I didn't give you a solution - but I'm glad that you find a solution :) We'll either fix the bug or remove this feature (it was added as troubleshooting solution in the past for some customers but it doesn't make much sense as of now).

vk1337 // Basti said:
Even when I am have the "stop after current track" option enables, RB shows up the next track in the upper right corner. RB doesn't play it after end, but is showing the countdown for intro on current track section.
Short reminder: You said this was fixed in the last beta. Nope, it doesn't. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back