RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
celso said:
I also noticed that it is not possible to give pre-listening whatever the streaming address, time announcement  and text to speak.
This is fixed in the upcoming 5.8.0.4 update.

RadioBOSS 5.8.0.4 beta

What's new
  • Search: select and rearrange columns in the list
  • Search: added "Comment" column
  • "Mute playback" in prelisten window can be disabled in Settings->Controls
  • Track Tool: removed confirmation box on Previous/Next buttons
  • Track Tool: fixed a bug when edited tracks were not updated in the playlist window
  • Music Library convert additional information: added MySQL option and significantly improved performance
  • Fixed: "load last library" option sometimes didn't work in Music Library
  • Fixed: slow track launch for long tracks
  • Broadcasting stats can be retrieved over HTTPS protocol
  • %nextsong variable added for broadcasting title and HTTP request (next song title)
  • Advanced configuration: added an option to enabled precise gap killer and mix point detect for MP3 files (disabled by default as it slows down track launch)
  • Playlist generator: minor UI improvements
  • Scheduler command to reset "played" track state in playlist (resetplayedstate)
  • Minor improvements in Playback Queue window
  • Fixed: prelisten did not open for teasers and some other playlist iems
  • Fixed: an occasional error message when sorting search results
  • Minor UI bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.4.exe

MAJOR PROBLEM that urgently needs fixing.
with PlayBack "Main On-air Sound Card"
If you were just using "Speakers Out" for your audio, you wouldn't be aware anything was wrong.
But I am using Virtual Audio Cable for sound output.

This first occurred with 5.8.0.3 but after switching sound cards around (about 4 times) and restarting RB and rebooting the computer also, it seemed to come right.

BUT in 5.8.0.4 I cannot rectify it.
Both my computers with RB are doing the same thing.
One computer is completely silent and only uses Virtual Audio Card for its output (tried VB-Audio, but the problem is no different).
The problem is this....Output should only be outputting on VAC Line 3, BUT the same sound is also coming thru on the Speakers (that is BOTH VAC Line 3 and the Speakers at the same time), but to make matters worse its NOT only outputting on the Speakers when it shouldn't be, but is outputting a distorted twin sound, an echoed/delayed output (possibly Speakers and a delayed output via VAC Line 3 causing the echo).
The sound output on VAC Line 3 is exactly as it should be. No distortion delay/echo like the Speakers. And thus VAC line 3 is perfectly usable.

On the silent computer this isn't a problem as there are no speakers plugged in. Its only outputting sound on VAC Line 4, and feeding that output direct into Shoutcast. Bear in mind the problem is most definitely there however should I plug the Speakers in, which should not have any sound coming out of them at all since its on VAC Line 4 for output.

The second computer output is VAC Line 3, but I cannot turn off the Speakers output, and I need the Speakers for other use. As a result I have had to turn RB off on this computer and use a temporary player in lieu.

On both occasions, with 5.8.0.3 and 5.8.0.4 this problem occurred immediately after the upgrade/s.

BTW, both computers are running Windows 7.

Attachments

• RadioBoss 19Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss 19Oct2018.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 310
djsoft said:
Quote from: celso on Today at 01:09:11 PM
I also noticed that it is not possible to give pre-listening whatever the streaming address, time announcement  and text to speak.
This is fixed in the upcoming 5.8.0.4 update.

The pre-listening in the time annoucement still does not work.

djsoft said:
? %nextsong variable added for broadcasting title and HTTP request (next song title)
? Scheduler command to reset "played" track state in playlist (resetplayedstate)

Thank you. Both of these are working perfectly.
Its an absolute joy to see the Playlist now with the new command operative, just so much easier to see visually whats going on. I couldn't believe the difference it made and so much better than being stuck in the "played" state all the time with the one colour scheme.

djsoft said:
? Advanced configuration: added an option to enabled precise gap killer and mix point detect for MP3 files (disabled by default as it slows down track launch)

Thank you. This is also working as it should after I changed Advanced Configuration to true.
BUT would this be obvious to a newbie using RB ? There is no indication that if you check the box for Gap Killer, their being another factor involved.

[quote author=DJSTU=Topic=Problems with SAVE and SAVE AS]
I am still having problems when I click on SAVE and its coming up as Save As.
This leaves you wondering "Did I click the right button" [/quote]
But I am positive I have.
This is an intermittent problem, it's not a consistent problem.
Which makes it more mystifying.
I am using .m3u8 suffix.

Would it be possible to add this to the log so there is some sort of record of doing it ?
At the moment it makes it very hard to prove to you what I am doing, for you to see whats happening.
Right now you can only take my word for it.

Maybe the log could show for PLAY....
3.44.16 p.m. Save Button Clicked 19Oct2018
3.44.22 p.m. Playlist saved "Music Oct 2018"19Oct2018

and ditto for SAVE AS
3.44.56 p.m. Save AS Button Clicked 19Oct2018
3.45.11 p.m. Playlist saved AS "Talk FM Oct 2018"19Oct2018

if it can distinguish between the two it might show the error....
3.44.16 p.m. Save Button Clicked 19Oct2018
3.44.22 p.m. Playlist saved AS "Music Oct 2018"19Oct2018

Its just an idea. Maybe you could think of something else ?

Are you planning to make the segue editor so that I can move the a track past the beginning of the one before it for? That way if I'm running a sweeper over the ramp of a song I can set it where the words of the song start right after the sweeper even if the ramp is longer then the sweeper.

DJSTU said:
The problem is this....Output should only be outputting on VAC Line 3, BUT the same sound is also coming thru on the Speakers (that is BOTH VAC Line 3 and the Speakers at the same time)
Please make sure that you don't use the "Monitor sound card" that outputs to the same device. It is usually the cause for the echo.
I also suggest to check the VAC settings, e.g. if it's configured to output the sound somewhere.

DJSTU said:
On both occasions, with 5.8.0.3 and 5.8.0.4 this problem occurred immediately after the upgrade/s.
This looks like a coincidence. You can try installing e.g. RB 5.7.0.2 to see how it performs.

celso said:
The pre-listening in the time annoucement still does not work.
Sorry for that, will be fixed in the next update.

DJSTU said:
BUT would this be obvious to a newbie using RB ? There is no indication that if you check the box for Gap Killer, their being another factor involved.
This only concerns MP3 files and only a subset of them, as in most cases, Gap killer works fine without enabling this feature. Enabling this option significantly slows down long tracks launch (e.g. 1-2 hour mixes) that's why it's disabled by default. This is useful so as our support staff can provide directions on how to fix the problem should anyone ask about it. This is rare, though, this is why it's buried deep in the "Advanced configuration".

DJSTU said:
This is an intermittent problem, it's not a consistent problem.
Which makes it more mystifying.
When you click the Save button, it checks if the playlist tab has a file name assigned. If it does - then the playlist is saved, no questions asked. If not, it will ask you for a file name - acts as if "Save As" was clicked. The file name for a tab may be reset for multiple reasons e.g. new playlist created.

djcodycoperadio said:
Are you planning to make the segue editor so that I can move the a track past the beginning of the one before it for? That way if I'm running a sweeper over the ramp of a song I can set it where the words of the song start right after the sweeper even if the ramp is longer then the sweeper.
Currently there are no such plans, as technically this is limited not by the segue editor but by the player engine itself.

djsoft said:
This looks like a coincidence. You can try installing e.g. RB 5.7.0.2 to see how it performs.

I presume you meant to say version 5.8.0.2 ?
But no matter. I have gone back thru all of them. It turns out there is actually a "coincidence involved here" in regard to installs 3 and 4, as I have now discovered the problem started with 1 (and continued onwards).

I went right back to Ver 5.8.0.0. and when I got back to this version, everything worked just as it should.
The only slight hitch was the main sound card initially was "default" on installing 0, but once I resolved that to VAC Line 3, all was good. There was absolutely no longer any sound issues occurring with the Speakers.

When I install anything after that version the very same sound problems occur.
As a double check after using Ver 5.8.0.0, I reinstalled Ver 5.8.0.1 for a second time, and that is most definitely where the problems begin.

So its Version 5.8.0.1, 2, 3 and 4 that all have this very same condition.

Just why it wasn't occurring when I initially installed 1 and 2, I do not know. For me it only started in 3 (which I somehow resolved) and appeared again majorly without being able to resolve it, in 4.

PS
The clue to this problem appears to be tied in somehow with the Default Sound output.
Change the default sound output and RB follows it.

PPS
WOW..... I have had success. I worked it out, has only taken me a days total of work, but finally got there.

djsoft, this is what you have to fix :

I had the key to fixing it above all along, and just didn't realize I had already worked it out.

This is the workaround :
Change the RB Main Soundcard output to Default, then Save.
Open Options/Playback up again and then change the Main Soundcard output to the one you actually want to use (such as VAC Line 3) and then save again.
These actions stops all sound coming out of the speakers. Finally !!
This procedure worked on both Win computers running RB.

It must be that somehow that the bug is causing the phantom "VAC Line 3" and the phantom "Default Speakers Output" to be both directed towards  the speakers, hence the twin/echo sound.
However the VAC Line 3 (by itself)  is working exactly as it should with no problems in spite of this.
But the slight buffering delay of VAC Line 3 thru the Control Panel and onwards to the Speakers is what was causing the echo.

djsoft said:
When you click the Save button, it checks if the playlist tab has a file name assigned. If it does - then the playlist is saved, no questions asked. If not, it will ask you for a file name - acts as if "Save As" was clicked. The file name for a tab may be reset for multiple reasons e.g. new playlist created.

The file name never changes and is always in the same location. I will continue to monitor it.

DJSTU said:
Change the RB Main Soundcard output to Default, then Save.
Open Options/Playback up again and then change the Main Soundcard output to the one you actually want to use (such as VAC Line 3) and then save again.
These actions stops all sound coming out of the speakers. Finally !!
This procedure worked on both Win computers running RB.
Yes, this can be reproduced here, thank you. It seems that the bug still can not be reproduced here. Can you please post the Playback settings window screenshot?

vk1337 // Basti said:
Still unfixed:
This turned out to be not that simple. According to the internal documentation, it intentionally shows the next track title - however, the docs do not say for what reason :) We'll leave it as it is for now.

djsoft said:
It seems that the bug still can not be reproduced here. Can you please post the Playback settings window screenshot?

Win 7 is the OS on both computers (1 Pro and the other Ultimate).
When I re-installed Ver 5.8.0.0. the only reason I suspect it worked immediately (in my testing) was because it installed with the Main SoundCard as Default, which I changed to (in this case VAC Line 3) and I did not have the speakers problem.
Each install after that in testing (that is, 1 thru 4) picked up the previous setting and had the very same speakers output problem.

For me the first instance of this problem happening originally was immediately after installing the beta update 5.8.0.3, but I solved it without being able to recollect some days later just how I achieved that when it came to installing the subsequent 5.8.0.4.

BUT in test mode, on re-installing 5.8.0.1 and 5.8.0.2 for the second time, the speakers problem was occurring in both 1 & 2 as well as 3 & 4.
BUT NOTE, this did not happen in the original installs of 1 & 2.
The question is why did things turn sour when I first installed Ver 3 and not earlier in 1 & 2 ?

You will see in the pic that all other sound outputs are turned off.
This is no different from when the problem was occurring, I had all settings off, with only the Main Soundcard operating, in trying to isolate the problem.

PS
Right now the setting is VB Audio Virtual Card. This was due to trying everything to see if I could overcome the problem. So this is not a factor in the problem as I had previously tried this soundcard before and the speakers problem was occurring with it.
Its there simply because when I finally found the solution to the problem, that Virtual Card was the one I had the testing setup revolving around.

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 1 - 22Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 1 - 22Oct2018.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 337
JHON_CABELLOS said:
NO FUNCIONA LA INTRO AUTOM?TICA

It works yes, the question is the configuration to be made, it has enough variables. The manual gives you an idea of ??how to do it.

This problem only seemed to start after the installation of Ver 5.8.0.4
For some reason it started adding "%nextsong" into the nowplaying text.
The two outputs are coming from the same RadioBoss player.
No 2 stream NowPlaying text is via RadioCaster.
No 4 stream is direct from RB.
Also you will note the nowplaying.txt (stream 2) is actually showing the next track.
The one from RB direct is showing "an event" rather than the next track.
This event being in between the current track and the next track as I look right now.
Its also quite possible the event occurred after the nowplaying.txt file was written to, thus updating more regularly via RB is the the reason for it showing ??

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 3 - 22Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 3 - 22Oct2018.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 336
if a dj has his show the dj avatar will be shown on our web page. We use the aim value in the stream settings of the broadcasting software to show dj's avatar on our webpage, when the dj connects to the stream. but this wont work with radioboss. we tried to change the metadata encoding type to all different types that are there available in the options. but this wont work. other products such as mairlist, sam broadcaster and my radiomatisme make no problems with this function on our homepage.

Auto reconnection values in the stream settings of radioboss will be ignored. if i set an auto reconection value in radioboss it will be ignored. it doesnt matter what kind of value i put in there.

DJSTU said:
BUT NOTE, this did not happen in the original installs of 1 & 2.
The question is why did things turn sour when I first installed Ver 3 and not earlier in 1 & 2 ?
This is hard to tell, as there are no problems with this here. By the way, in terms of DirectSound driver, there were only changes between RadioBOSS 5.7.2 and 5.8.0.0, then again changed in 5.8.0.1 and stayes that way for all subsequent versions (.2, .3, .4).

Please provide more information on what's not working. I see that you have selected the VAC speakers. Does it work?

DJSTU said:
Its also quite possible the event occurred after the nowplaying.txt file was written to, thus updating more regularly via RB is the the reason for it showing ??
The %nextsong tag should also work in nowplaying. I suppose the problem here is that you have installed an older version where this tag is not supported, that version created the nowplaying file with the tag instead of actual song name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back