RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
jopara said:
I do not know if it will be radioboss error or bad configuration to connect with the database ...

That is not a radioboss bug. It is something that happened after a update that windows did. Remove and reinstall your audio drivers and the problem will be gone.

djsoft said:
The %nextsong feature was added recently and it was not initially planned for this version.

So we can close the door on this one, I added "%nextsong" back in to metadata today.
Nowplaying.txt only reports Tracks. BUT will add %nextsong into the text.

The built in metadata streaming version is reporting events (like TIME) in lieu of the Next Track. Next Track will appear and then suddenly TIME will appear if its been inserted in the Playlist before that Next Track starts playing.

tommyboy said:
It is something that happened after a update that windows did.

What version of Windows for the update was that Tommyboy ?

Attachments

• RadioBoss No 1 - 29Oct2018.jpg
    RadioBoss No 1 - 29Oct2018.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 322
Dmitry I am testing the option to use ADS Scheduler remotely.

The option "Create event to update ads automatically" does not work. Actually I realized that the ADS Scheduler configuration is never copied to the target instance.

I guess this is by design. The main problem here is that the remote instance is the one that will always have the configuration of the commercial ones. And this limits that ADS Scheduler always works with the same destination instance.

I believe that this function could have a great potential to manage several instances of RadioBOSS (FM repeaters, located in different geographical points) from a station from a central station, without the use of Teamviewer.

Is there any way to eliminate nonexistent files from the database?
In MusicLibrary this function is based using XML files

DJSTU said:
I added "%nextsong" back in to metadata today.
Nowplaying.txt only reports Tracks. BUT will add %nextsong into the text.
We'll check if it's a bug and it does not process the %nextsong tag properly.

DJSTU said:
The built in metadata streaming version is reporting events (like TIME) in lieu of the Next Track. Next Track will appear and then suddenly TIME will appear if its been inserted in the Playlist before that Next Track starts playing
It evaluates the next item that will be playing in the playlist, and inserts this into the %nextsong variable.

nelson c said:
The option "Create event to update ads automatically" does not work. Actually I realized that the ADS Scheduler configuration is never copied to the target instance.
This is not implemented yet - it's under development now and it will be possible soon to create events to update remote RadioBOSS installations.

nelson c said:
And this limits that ADS Scheduler always works with the same destination instance.
You can install multiple RadioBOSS instances and configure ads scheduler in each one to use its own target destination. In the future we'll probably allow exporting to multiple remote destinations, but I will not promise it right now.

nelson c said:
You can use the Tools->Remove entries for nonexistent tracks command to do so.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on October 28, 2018, 11:19:40 PM
You can use the Tools->Remove entries for nonexistent tracks command to do so.
The problem is that it only deletes the tracks that are inside an XML.
I refer to deleting tracks from the Database. (Perhaps they were reproduced only once, and then deleted)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 343
nelson c said:
I refer to deleting tracks from the Database. (Perhaps they were reproduced only once, and then deleted)
If you want to clear the database that stores the additional information, as well as tag cache, use the Tools->Cache cleanup command. This will remove information for nonexistent tracks from the cache2 and tracks tables. The naming of this command is not clear, it will be renamed to "Database cleanup" or something like this, to make its function more clear.

vk1337 // Basti said:
For german translation you can use "Datenbanks?uberung" - I think you can update this string by yourself without an updated file from me.
Yes, thank you!

Minor problem:
Every one second the audio bars, the remaining and elapsed time counters freeze for approximately 200 milliseconds.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    4 KB · Views: 340
nelson c said:
Minor problem:
Every one second the audio bars, the remaining and elapsed time counters freeze for approximately 200 milliseconds.
This does no appear to happen here... Have you tried restarting RadioBOSS?

hello. with last version of NVDA, when i walk through playlist items, it anounces wrong names of the tracks. for example: i see track 1,  i press two times the down arrow, and it says track1, when i'm in the track 3. this appens in the version 5.7.2.0. The screen reader anounces bad names, making us believe that the playlist order is constantly changing. sorry but i dont know where i can report it.

I think that in the future the graphic part of AutoIntro must be redesigned.
It is necessary to show when a Sweapers is going to be inserted (With a counter of the time remaining to start), what sweapers will be inserted, and give the possibility of manually canceling the insertion.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on September 23, 2018, 02:03:40 PM
The question is what happens with the .Ini where is the configuration of each commercial. Is it also stored in the chosen folder?
The settings for each advert are stored in .adsettings file, in the folder where the audio file is located.
We did a test. However, after the restart, the commercials added after the freeze were missing. Any ideas?

Could you implement a "Reset colors" / "Farben zur?cksetzen" entry?
Also, it's not really possible to apply the default greeen color to a cart again. Maybe you could choose another default cart color for cartwalls (e.g. white)?

Attachments

• w1_001919.jpg
    w1_001919.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 313
nelson c said:
Yes, it even happens several Betas ago.
If necessary I can make a video
Can you please try it on a fresh installation (to another folder), does it happen there?

Nuno Costa said:
hello. with last version of NVDA, when i walk through playlist items, it anounces wrong names of the tracks. for example: i see track 1,  i press two times the down arrow, and it says track1, when i'm in the track 3.
Please try on the latest beta, there were some minor changes to the lists, so it will probable read them correctly.

nelson c said:
I think that in the future the graphic part of AutoIntro must be redesigned.
It is necessary to show when a Sweapers is going to be inserted (With a counter of the time remaining to start), what sweapers will be inserted, and give the possibility of manually canceling the insertion.
Thank you for the suggestion, I think this will be possible in one of the future versions.

nelson c said:
We did a test. However, after the restart, the commercials added after the freeze were missing. Any ideas?
If a computer was restarted forcefully, then some data may become lost due to drive buffering. Software can't do anything about it -  you can disable write caching for the disk if such restarts/shutdowns happen often.

vk1337 // Basti said:
Could you implement a "Reset colors" / "Farben zur?cksetzen" entry?
Also, it's not really possible to apply the default greeen color to a cart again. Maybe you could choose another default cart color for cartwalls (e.g. white)?
The color reset feature will be added in one of the future updates. The default color is custom, and you can easily select it again using the Reset feature.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on October 31, 2018, 11:02:17 AM
Yes, it even happens several Betas ago.
If necessary I can make a video
Can you please try it on a fresh installation (to another folder), does it happen there?
It is the air pc, so probe installing in another pc, and pass the profile that presents problems to that pc.
There it works correctly. Any idea what it could be? If there is no other option I will perform the test you suggest.

nelson c said:
There it works correctly. Any idea what it could be?
Honestly, no idea. Do you have any 3rd party DSP plugins running in RadioBOSS? What other features are active, e.g. stream archive, how many broadcasting encoders, how many tracks in the playlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back