RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

Hello. The application button in the music library is still not working. When the music library is empty, when no database is loaded, the application key works.

Sasa Grbic said:
When the music library is empty, when no database is loaded, the application key works.
This does not confirm here. If you have files list focused in the Music Library, pressing the Application key shows the context menu for the list.

Hi Dmitry,

I have some more feedback thank you for this opportunity .If I understand you you  said you brought in a new feature for BPM detection I am experiencing this -1 regularly now even ran the BPM through the library procedure'Process tasks'  to no avail . It is appearing on even classical songs.

654801d26aa643e03b183f1678b2a070.png

It seems once this -1 is encountered it cannot detect the BPM. Do i understand that in regard to this process window if you select nothing it does not operate . Does this imply if you select something you can do it on just the section as currently it runs through whole library :

da4a2d08772684077d5aac1f83bd8a13.png

Does the -1 and or 0 count as a value in the BPM field and  halt BPM creation if "Skip Tracks with BPM Set"  and therefore it will not run the BPM again ?

476b901440cd9aef8ade561c66a54e5d.png

The derived from here seems to no longer function for me:

871b7c7f0d3b77747f79829115151dcf.png

Hi Dmitri ,

Thank you once again for this great software and amazing chance to help make it fabulous.

I ran an extensive test yesterday process of Music Library >> Tools >> Process Track
The test library consisted of around 26K files I ran the 'Set BMP value  in tags' without the boxes ticked as below

e0f1cd6cd620d1da7612aebea13ad4ba.png

This finished leaving the -1 on screen in the Music library windows and  seems to have not changed the records.

I selected these records and tight Click Menu "Exported to Player " This strangely exported all the tracks  not just the selected . I could not sort on BMP to see how many lines I had so printed  the playlist adding %bpm to the template  I dragged the the play list to Excel as HTML and could then sort on BPM this gave me 552 titles with -1 . Then i checked no value these items in the playlist which  ranged from cells 2946 to 26910. That is 23964 MP3 files which had not been changed or the information removed and a blank value substituted It is fair that some of these cannot be set as some are NOT MP3 format but is not the figure 23364 which I am being presented with .

I hope this helps as something seems wrong to me

DJ Denise said:
It seems once this -1 is encountered it cannot detect the BPM
It will skip the track if you have the "Skip tracks with BPM set" option enabled and the BPM field is not empty (has a BPM value or -1) - this is to avoid scanning tracks that were already scanned.
The BPM always produces the same value - there's no point in scanning a track again if you already got a result (or -1).

DJ Denise said:
Does this imply if you select something you can do it on just the section as currently it runs through whole library :
It only processes tracks that are selected in the list.

DJ Denise said:
This finished leaving the -1 on screen in the Music library windows and  seems to have not changed the records.
The value will be updated in tags and in the music librtary as well. You can try opening Track Tool to confirm if the value actually presents there. It saves this data in APEv2 tag (if you did not change this in settings), so works for all file formats, except for FLAC and WAV where it saves the data to NTFS alternative stream.

DJ Denise said:
I selected these records and tight Click Menu "Exported to Player " This strangely exported all the tracks  not just the selected
Yes, exporting only selected tracks makes more sense - we'll change how this command works.

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks for answering if you can can you add the facility to just select a few records to process with these tools so the whole library does not need to be scanned.

I have checked values in -1 fields they are all as shown -1 or spaces the files are mp3 v1 variable bit rate . Since talking to you and checking my files with Check Mate Mp3. I notice that MixMiester has no problem in calculating the BPM of these mp3 which return -1 or space in your beta but work in commercial product . This leads me to believe that something has changed in the software beta . I hope this helps :)

see below bpm calculates correctly in MixMester

75aaaa0733a1a90b4a57a9f3e6b83ea2.png

Denise

I have a problem with MariaDB.
The service closes immediately when you start using it. Also when trying to generate a backup from HeidiSQL. I did an analysis and found the following

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 486
DJ Denise said:
Thanks for answering if you can can you add the facility to just select a few records to process with these tools so the whole library does not need to be scanned.
It only scans selected tracks, not all tracks.

DJ Denise said:
I notice that MixMiester has no problem in calculating the BPM of these mp3
They probably use a different BPM scanning algorithm to get BPM. Well, it's a tool whose sole purpose is BPM scanning while in RadioBOSS it's one feature amongst lots of others :)

nelson c said:
The service closes immediately when you start using it. Also when trying to generate a backup from HeidiSQL. I did an analysis and found the following
It appears that the database is corrupted. If you have a backup, I'd suggest to delete this database and restore from the backup.

djsoft said:
It appears that the database is corrupted. If you have a backup, I'd suggest to delete this database and restore from the backup.
It would be useful if with the Backup command of RadioBOSS a backup of MySQL is made if it is enabled.  :)

nelson c said:
It would be useful if with the Backup command of RadioBOSS a backup of MySQL is made if it is enabled. 
RadioBOSS would be unable to backup a remote database. You can call mysqldump utility using the run command in the scheduler to make a backup if a database is local.

Hi Dmitry,
Is there any way to deactivate the alphabetical order in track tags?
We need to show the category first, then the speed ..
Now order it according to the string

Happy New Year! :D

Happy New Year!

Yes, I think that would be possible in one of the future updates, to custom-arrange the tags.

djsoft said:
The Tab character works fine
Hi Dmitry
I am trying several weeks ago and it is impossible. It does not work with encoded catheters either.
Coded Tab corresponds to %09, however RB does not recognize it

http://127.0.0.1:9000/?pass=&action=writetag&fn=M%3A%5CMi%20musica%5C13%20-%20fabiana%20cantilo%20-%20profugos(2).mp3&data=%3CTagInfo%3E%0D%0A%09%3CFile%20FN%3D%22M%3A%5CMi%20musica%5C13%20-%20fabiana%20cantilo%20-%20profugos(2).mp3%22%20Duration%3D%22278949%22%20Artist%3D%22Fabiana%20Cantilo%22%20Title%3D%22Profugos%22%20Album%3D%22Inconsciente%20Colectivo%22%20Year%3D%222005%22%20Genre%3D%22Rock%2FPop%22%20Comment%3D%22%22%20BPM%3D%22%22%20Playcount%3D%2291%22%20LastPlayed%3D%222019-11-26%2015%3A05%3A16%22%20UserField1%3D%22%22%20UserField2%3D%22%22%20UserField3%3D%22%22%20UserField4%3D%22%22%20UserField5%3D%22%22%20Intro%3D%2217460%22%20Outro%3D%22-1%22%20FadeIn%3D%22-1%22%20FadeOut%3D%22-1%22%20Mix%3D%22-1%22%20Level%3D%220%2C0%22%20Start%3D%22-1%22%20End%3D%22-1%22%20TypeIdentifier%3D%22%22%20Rating%3D%2210%22%20TagsList%3D%22Cat%3A%20Nacionales%09Grab%3A%20Cover%22%2F%3E%0D%0A%3C%2FTagInfo%3E

This is not correct, as you need to pass XML data into RadioBOSS, not tabs directly. Here's an example to illustrate how it can be done:
Code:
<?php
$api = "http://127.0.0.1:9000/?pass=xxx";
$fn = 'C:\track.mp3';

//read current tag
$tag = file_get_contents("$api&action=readtag&fn=" . urlencode($fn));
//display tag info as XML
echo "Tag data:\n\n$tag";

//process as XML
$xml = new SimpleXMLElement($tag);
//change tags list, Tab-separated (\t)
$xml->File['TagsList'] = "Slow\t80s";
//get XML string
$newtag = $xml->asXML();

echo "\n\n\nNew tag data:\n\n" . $newtag;

//write tag to file
file_get_contents("$api&action=writetag&fn=" . urlencode($fn) . '&data=' . urlencode($newtag));

This produces the following results:
Code:
Tag data:

?<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TagInfo>
<File FN="C:\track.mp3" Duration="227122" Artist="Katrin Mokko" Title="Kill Me [Dub step]" Album="" Year="" Genre="Other" Comment="" BPM="174" Rating="0" Playcount="25" LastPlayed="2017-06-24 15:49:35" UserField1="" UserField2="" UserField3="" UserField4="" UserField5="" TypeIdentifier="" TagsList="90s&#09;Old&#09;Slow" Intro="-1" Outro="-1" FadeIn="-1" FadeOut="-1" Mix="-1" Level="0.0" Start="-1" End="-1" />
</TagInfo>

New tag data:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TagInfo>
<File FN="C:\track.mp3" Duration="227122" Artist="Katrin Mokko" Title="Kill Me [Dub step]" Album="" Year="" Genre="Other" Comment="" BPM="174" Rating="0" Playcount="25" LastPlayed="2017-06-24 15:49:35" UserField1="" UserField2="" UserField3="" UserField4="" UserField5="" TypeIdentifier="" TagsList="Slow&#09;80s" Intro="-1" Outro="-1" FadeIn="-1" FadeOut="-1" Mix="-1" Level="0.0" Start="-1" End="-1"/>
</TagInfo>

The tabs are encoded as &#9; and this is done automatically by the XML library in PHP. Then this is encoded to be usable for URL with urlencode(). The resulting request string would be:
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:9000/?pass=xxx&action=writetag&fn=C%3A%5Ctrack.mp3&data=%3C%3Fxml+version%3D%221.0%22+encoding%3D%22utf-8%22%3F%3E%0A%3CTagInfo%3E%0A%3CFile+FN%3D%22D%3A%5Cdisko%5Cdubstep%5C_+Katrin+Mokko+-+Kill+Me+%5B.mp3%22+Duration%3D%22227122%22+Artist%3D%22Katrin+Mokko%22+Title%3D%22Kill+Me+%5BDub+step%5D%22+Album%3D%22%22+Year%3D%22%22+Genre%3D%22Other%22+Comment%3D%22%22+BPM%3D%22174%22+Rating%3D%220%22+Playcount%3D%2225%22+LastPlayed%3D%222017-06-24+15%3A49%3A35%22+UserField1%3D%22%22+UserField2%3D%22%22+UserField3%3D%22%22+UserField4%3D%22%22+UserField5%3D%22%22+TypeIdentifier%3D%22%22+TagsList%3D%22Slow%26%239%3B80s%22+Intro%3D%22-1%22+Outro%3D%22-1%22+FadeIn%3D%22-1%22+FadeOut%3D%22-1%22+Mix%3D%22-1%22+Level%3D%220.0%22+Start%3D%22-1%22+End%3D%22-1%22%2F%3E%0A%3C%2FTagInfo%3E%0A

You should not build this string yourself, instead let the libraries handle it, as shown in the example.

This request string correctly writes new tags list to the file and it's verified in Track Tool - the new list of tags is shown.

Hi Dimitri , I hope your development is going well still loving the beta is there any news of the tools for the library which equalise sound and create bpm?

I just wondered as you was fixing this if it would be possible to add a menu option when you right click on a selected playlist to get a menu to normalise sound levels and add bpm please?

The main routines on library are now taking me more than a night to run with new tracks. I only really need to run this on my playlist that I want to play which is about 30 songs for 2 hours and a much more manageable size for your routines to cope with? I hope this is helpful ideas for you ? I am still getting -1  bpm on some songs too from track tool.

Would it also be possible when you press shift+c in a selected play list to have a warning message you are about to delete everything in the playlist please?

djsoft said:
This is not correct, as you need to pass XML data into RadioBOSS, not tabs directly. Here's an example to illustrate how it can be done:
Thank you so much for your help.  :D

A test on PHP showed that RadioBOSS works correctly.
I'm coding in Delphi and that's where I have the problems (In XML PreserveWhiteSpaces is true)
Code:
ANode.ChildNodes.FindNode('File').SetAttributeNS('TagsList', '', 'Cat: ' + ComboCategorias.Text) + chr(9) + 'Grab: ' + ComboVersiones.Text)
I also tried with "\t", "&#09;" and "&#9;" (instead of chr(9))
and next:
Code:
RBAPI.Get(URLParaLlamarAAPI('&action=writetag&fn=' + HTTPEncode(Ruta)) + '&data=' + HTTPEncode(ANode.XML));

Nothing seems to work I guess is a problem of the HTTPEncode library.

DJ Denise said:
I just wondered as you was fixing this if it would be possible to add a menu option when you right click on a selected playlist to get a menu to normalise sound levels and add bpm please?
This is already possible in RadioBOSS 5.9, use the Tools->Process Tracks menu command to batch process tracks.

DJ Denise said:
The main routines on library are now taking me more than a night to run with new tracks. I only really need to run this on my playlist that I want to play which is about 30 songs for 2 hours and a much more manageable size for your routines to cope with? I hope this is helpful ideas for you ? I am still getting -1  bpm on some songs too from track tool.
The BPM will fail for some tracks and we do not have any solution for this. You can add any number of tracks to the music library to process, it can also automatically skip the tracks that arte already scanned.

DJ Denise said:
Would it also be possible when you press shift+c in a selected play list to have a warning message you are about to delete everything in the playlist please?
There's no "Shift+C" hot key defined in RadioBOSS.

nelson c said:
I'm coding in Delphi and that's where I have the problems (In XML PreserveWhiteSpaces is true)
The same approach will work with any language, XML is a standard and works the same everywhere. I'm not familiar with the library you use, but I suppose SetAttributeNS should properly encode Tab character, so using Chr(9) is correct. You can check what actual XML it generates (ANode.XML) - the Tab character should appear there as &#9;.
If it's correct there, then check that HTTPEncode produces correct results, Delphi has IdURI and NetEncoding classes to handle URL encoding and both of them do the job.

Hi Dmitry,

I have noticed the song shuffler will play songs duplicating the artists could this be feature changed or a preference be put in preferences to only play different artists in shuffle please? As you can see below it is duplicating Howard Shore. I can imagine it might do that every other which would be also frustrating but if it could be set to a number of tracks back that would be helpful.  . It picked this from 190 songs. Thanks for looking . P.S in regard to %bpm even if you take -1 out it will not record %bpm on track properties even if its playing the song.  I am happy to provide you with examples. It was working before the beta so something must have slipped in i guess?

b4d0b60d9f01e042743bf760c2532e20

Also if the -1 stops the bpm calculation how will the library repair itself

Back